Ticker Broken?

It has been saying 19,768 people are on for a few days. Any one else see that?

It’s been broken for a few months now, I don’t see a fix any time soon.

Should that value be far lower? I’m new to Halo MP so I don’t know how active it is online.

Well, it varies, as with any game.
And no, I don’t believe it goes far lower.

Well it would make sense that 343 didn’t fix it, 4 is horrible.

Yes I’ve noticed that for a few months now.
But I reckon the actual number of players is far, far higher than the shown amount.
Reason?
I don’t know about any of the other playlists - I tend to play Anniversary MM almost exclusively - but I hardly ever have to wait for a game when playing in the evening. Within a minute the list is populated and we’re into map selection.

Now, contrast that with H4. I’ve seen me waiting ages for a game of Infinity BTB etc.
And this is one of the main reasons my H4 disc is back in the box and I’m back on Reach.

Another thing which may explain the speed of gaming is that players from all over the northern hemisphere are included - I’m in (soon-to-be-free-and-independent) Scotland and players from Russia to Canada to Mexico will be involved in the same game.
In H4 it seems to be ‘regional’ which you would think would make it quicker but doesn’t - all that happens is the ‘black screen’ appears regularly.

Anyway, stick with Reach it’s a far better game.

> Yes I’ve noticed that for a few months now.
> But I reckon the actual number of players is far, far higher than the shown amount.
> Reason?
> I don’t know about any of the other playlists - I tend to play Anniversary MM almost exclusively - but I hardly ever have to wait for a game when playing in the evening. Within a minute the list is populated and we’re into map selection.
>
> Now, contrast that with H4. I’ve seen me waiting ages for a game of Infinity BTB etc.
> And this is one of the main reasons my H4 disc is back in the box and I’m back on Reach.
>
> Another thing which may explain the speed of gaming is that players from all over the northern hemisphere are included - I’m in (soon-to-be-free-and-independent) Scotland and players from Russia to Canada to Mexico will be involved in the same game.
> In H4 it seems to be ‘regional’ which you would think would make it quicker but doesn’t - all that happens is the ‘black screen’ appears regularly.
>
> Anyway, stick with Reach it’s a far better game.

Definitely better than 4. 4 is baaad.

I myself would prefer if the “good connection” filter included the fact that people who are physically far away do not have decent connection speeds.
The one time a Mexican pulled host on a game, it was baaaaaaaaaad. Every time I killed him it was a small victory.

> I myself would prefer if the “good connection” filter included the fact that people who are physically far away do not have decent connection speeds.
> The one time a Mexican pulled host on a game, it was baaaaaaaaaad. Every time I killed him it was a small victory.

I’m sure that used together “language” filter that matched you with players regionally. I could be wrong though. Either way, population may be too low for any filter to do much

I checked that, and yet I still got foreign players.
If anyone knows, does it retrieve the language based on your region in your xbox live profile?

Edited by Moderator - Please do not use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

i think it would be too embarrassing for 343 to fix the pop counter.
i think the pop has risen a lot recently and i have noticed the standard of competition has also risen.

I am still finding games, so it’s not that bad, yet.

> i think it would be too embarrassing for 343 to fix the pop counter.
> i think the pop has risen a lot recently and i have noticed the standard of competition has also risen.

I agree but they shouldn’t be embarrassed, Halo Reach is their game now regardless. If anything they should only be embarrassed by the idea that the population counter is locked and should address this with the community. I like knowing how many people are playing as does everyone else. Just unlock the counter already.

Hey mods, seriously can we get bs angle to address this in an update please? Just because 343 wants to pour all their attention into improving Halo 4 doesn’t mean they should be neglecting their still existing Halo Reach players.

I don’t want any further TU changes or crap like that, but TS could certainly use some new forge maps to freshen the place up again. Bringing back Cliffhanger would be a good start.

It is stuck at that, with some 1900 people for standard slayer and living dead, 400 for invasion, etc. Judging, it’s probably much lower than the real count, and was locked at an unpopular time, such as 2am. Though 343 is keen not to fix it, as it spares them much embarrassment. We all know it’s at least 50-60k

The ironic thing about 343 is that they inherited the Halo franchise, yet they are trying to make it into something else AND are ignoring all the other Halos.