Thursday war expectations

I personally am really excited to get my hands on Thursday war tomorrow. I hope that the new book will be as good as Glasslands(third favourite book after cole protocol and First Strike). I wonder what it will reveal about halo 4. I really don’t know what to expect from Thursday War at this point. I’ll probably read it once or twice before halo 4 drops. What about you? What are you expecting out of Thursday War?

Halo Universe

wrong forum, please post in here.

Honestly, I’m expecting a lot of info concerning Halo 4 and advancing the covenant. Beyond that, there’s a lot I’m waiting on concerning the novels… can’t wait to get them too.

While I didn’t like Glasslands much (At. All.), I’m looking forward to Thursday War nonetheless. Just hope whatever recharacterization is going on this time around is minimal enough that whatever ties to Halo 4 it has will make it bearable for me.

I enjoyed Glasslands(finished it again a couple of hours ago to prepare for Thursday War), even if Karen Travis’s writing is different than Nylund’s. Though I didn’t like the way it criticized Halsey so harshly, without her humans would have lost much earlier. She single handily created the tools capable of wining the war. The book is nearer the bottom of my favorites list, but I enjoyed all the books; didn’t dislike any of them. Just thought some were better than others. As for Thursday War, it’ll help tide me over for a few days till Nov 6 arrives. Just wish Amazon didn’t screw up my shipping and is getting it to me a couple of days latter than expected.

> I enjoyed Glasslands(finished it again a couple of hours ago to prepare for Thursday War), even if Karen Travis’s writing is different than Nylund’s. <mark>Though I didn’t like the way it criticized Halsey so harshly, without her humans would have lost much earlier. She single handily created the tools capable of wining the war.</mark> The book is nearer the bottom of my favorites list, but I enjoyed all the books; didn’t dislike any of them. Just thought some were better than others. As for Thursday War, it’ll help tide me over for a few days till Nov 6 arrives. Just wish Amazon didn’t screw up my shipping and is getting it to me a couple of days latter than expected.

I don’t think they were criticizing her too much, I think they were criticizing the spartan-II program overall in general and going over the more implications of the program(Which by extension includes halsey).

> I enjoyed Glasslands(finished it again a couple of hours ago to prepare for Thursday War), even if Karen Travis’s writing is different than Nylund’s. Though I didn’t like the way it criticized Halsey so harshly, without her humans would have lost much earlier. She single handily created the tools capable of wining the war. The book is nearer the bottom of my favorites list, but I enjoyed all the books; didn’t dislike any of them. Just thought some were better than others. As for Thursday War, it’ll help tide me over for a few days till Nov 6 arrives. Just wish Amazon didn’t screw up my shipping and is getting it to me a couple of days latter than expected.

I don’t think it’s so much Traviss portraying Halsey in a negative light, but more like Traviss portraying a character (Osman) who wants to make everyone believe that the woman who she hates is a monster.

And she succeeded. Osman, after all, is in ONI, which frequently deals with lies and misdirection. I think it was good that Traviss was able to spin the Halsey story that way convincingly. It helps develop Osman’s and Parangosky’s characters as total jerks and liars.

It’s good that Traviss is able to write from a number of different points of view. She really knows how to get into the characters heads and make their thoughts very convincing.

I think this isn’t so much an action-packed OMG SPLOZNS book; rather, it’s a different type of book that really explores the lore and lets us get to know who these characters really are as people. It’s a different style from the Nylund books. I for one like both styles, but I think Traviss’s approach to storytelling the Halo universe is an equally welcome addition to the lore.

> > I enjoyed Glasslands(finished it again a couple of hours ago to prepare for Thursday War), even if Karen Travis’s writing is different than Nylund’s. <mark>Though I didn’t like the way it criticized Halsey so harshly, without her humans would have lost much earlier. She single handily created the tools capable of wining the war.</mark> The book is nearer the bottom of my favorites list, but I enjoyed all the books; didn’t dislike any of them. Just thought some were better than others. As for Thursday War, it’ll help tide me over for a few days till Nov 6 arrives. Just wish Amazon didn’t screw up my shipping and is getting it to me a couple of days latter than expected.
>
> I don’t think they were criticizing her too much, I think they were criticizing the spartan-II program overall in general and going over the more implications of the program(Which by extension includes halsey).

I think the problem was, in order to criticize the program itself, she ended up demonizing the person most associated with it, Halsey. She also ends up making Parangosky, an overall much worse person, look like a good guy in comparison.

Even if Halsey deserved to be imprisoned, it should have read out like a “captured by the enemy” moment for Halsey, rather than a “captured the enemy” moment for Parangosky.

Honestly? The moment Halsey got arrested and Parangosky started acting all smug really made Parangosky look like a total jerk, no matter how badly she tried to defame Halsey.

I hope it isn’t another Travissty.