Thrutster Pack Shouldn't be in 3rd Person

If you skip ahead just a few seconds of the video, you will see the player using the thruster pack. It makes no sense that this is in 3rd person and that bothers me. Anyone else agree?

They changed it to 3rd person to balance it. Because it’s easier for you the keep your aim on the other person than it is for him. Just like Evade, you evade away, but you can still keep your aim perfectly on your target, while he has to follow you. That’s why Evade was a bit OP.

> Anyone else agree?

No.

> They changed it to 3rd person to balance it. Because it’s easier for you the keep your aim on the other person than it is for him. Just like Evade, you evade away, but you can still keep your aim perfectly on your target, while he has to follow you.

That’s kinda the point though isn’t it? Why would I choose Thruster Pack over an AA like Promethean Vision if it doesn’t give me a distinct advantage?

> That’s why Evade was a bit OP.

Evade was also OP for a number of other reasons that haven’t transferred over to H4 with the Thruster Pack.

> They changed it to 3rd person to balance it. Because it’s easier for you the keep your aim on the other person than it is for him. Just like Evade, you evade away, but you can still keep your aim perfectly on your target, while he has to follow you. That’s why Evade was a bit OP.

I heard the change was made because the movement could disorientate you, as you move further on the map than you realise when in first person.

Its to try and make it more BALANCED .

> > Anyone else agree?
>
> No.

Hell yes, I do agree. I’d like to have TP in Fp

This too is the one thing that bothers me in Halo 4. I honestly don’t see the point to it. In the first place, I had no idea that evade was OP enough to need a nerf. Is it really that hard for players to aim a little faster in any given direction?

Moreover, I thought nerfing the distance travelled was enough, now we need to add in this feature which just disorientates the player? You literally travel 1 meter now and pointlessly zoom out for a second. Evade is basically ruined. You’re probably better off jumping to avoid enemy fire.

And to those are are arguing its for balance, that’s ridiculous. Isn’t that the point? Like the guy above me said, I choose evade so I am given that distinct advantage. Do people’s hands really need to be held to this extent?

What a pointless AA. It theoretically gives you an evasive advtange however its nerfed enough for the enemy player to still be able to continue firing at you… Absolutely moronic.

/rant

Evade was OP in Reach only for Spartans, they percorred the same distance as the Elite’s evade and are much smaller and harder to track.
But I think it’s a good thing that it’s in 3rd person. Plus you can use it in mid air so it’s balanced out.

Don’t want to bash 343 too much cause I think the game does look great, but I have to agree, don’t like the 3rd person thruster.

The thrust is also so short it looks pretty useless apart from avoiding grenades, I think this is one of the weakest AA, but my view may change once I’ve had chance to play it.

Evade was OP because the distance you rolled was huge. They cut the distance for the Thruster Pack AND made it 3rd person so it’s pretty much useless in my opinion.

I disagree, I love it in Third Person.