Thruster packs useless in multiplayer, unless...

Now some people have been thinking that the Zero-G thruster packs will be used somehow in multiplayer. This is impossible. A Spartan weighs nearly half a ton with some MJONLIR, no matter what class they’re from.
The thruster pack wouldn’t be able to get even me off the ground. It’s meant for short bursts to get somebody who’s “EVAing” to their destination. Once a object is in motion in space there’s no need for more thrust unless you want it to go faster or you want to change its direction.
Now I do find it possible that the thruster packs could come into play in multiplayer. The only way this is possible is if there are low gravity maps such as Anchor 9, Condemned and Zealot. It could possibly give players the ability to “smoothly” maneuver in the low gravity instead of floating helplessly down or into a direction that will kill them.
Of course this would only be for the low gravity maps or sections of them and not for 1G+ sections.

It would be cool if they put them as equipement in ZeroG-only maps.

So you are going at this by realism? Well, first of all it is like 500 years in the future, and im sure that “thrusters” 500 years in the future will be much better than any today.

> So you are going at this by realism? Well, first of all it is like 500 years in the future, and im sure that “thrusters” 500 years in the future will be much better than any today.

A Zero-G thruster is still a Zero-G thruster. It’s not meant to put out a lot of energy. Also I don’t think it could be controlled in a gravity-based environment.
In the reveal trailer, the Chief pushes himself to get through the ship. He merely uses the thrusters to guide him through it.

I’m all for Map-exlusive equipment/abilities.

How do you know it’s made for zero gravity?

> So you are going at this by realism? Well, first of all it is like 500 years in the future, and im sure that <mark>“thrusters” 500 years in the future will be much better than any today.</mark>

Here’s the thing though. If it was like the thrusters on the Moon lander where you would need a lot of thrust to get of the moon. Then it would make sense for it to have that much thrust to it.

But it’s not like that. It’s not designed to get you off the ground. It’s designed to move you through space. So it hardly needs any-thrust at all to it. It would be pointless having the required amount of thrust to get you have the ground. When it’s designed as a form of space propulsion.

> How do you know it’s made for zero gravity?

If you can find some logical reason as to how it can lift and guide a 1000 pound walking tank of death off the ground then you sir have my respect.

> > How do you know it’s made for zero gravity?
>
> If you can find some logical reason as to how it can lift and guide a 1000 pound walking tank of death off the ground then you sir have my respect.

The Jet Pack in Reach. In reality would that even be able to lift those Spartans of the ground?

I believe it would be able to lift a regular soldier off the ground. But not someone in armor that ways 1000 pounds plus 200-300 pounds of Spartan body weight.

> > > How do you know it’s made for zero gravity?
> >
> > If you can find some logical reason as to how it can lift and guide a 1000 pound walking tank of death off the ground then you sir have my respect.
>
> The Jet Pack in Reach. In reality would that even be able to lift those Spartans of the ground?
>
> I believe it would be able to lift a regular soldier off the ground. But not someone in armor that ways 1000 pounds plus 200-300 pounds of Spartan body weight.

That is JET PACK, not a zero-g thruster. Astronauts don’t strap on [jetpacks]. Also the thrusters are smaller than the Jetpack.

> > > > How do you know it’s made for zero gravity?
> > >
> > > If you can find some logical reason as to how it can lift and guide a 1000 pound walking tank of death off the ground then you sir have my respect.
> >
> > The Jet Pack in Reach. In reality would that even be able to lift those Spartans of the ground?
> >
> > I believe it would be able to lift a regular soldier off the ground. But not someone in armor that ways 1000 pounds plus 200-300 pounds of Spartan body weight.
>
> That is JET PACK, not a zero-g thruster. Astronauts don’t strap on zero-g thrusters. Also the thrusters are smaller than the Jetpack.

I know it’s “JET PACK”. I was wondering would the “JET PACK” be able to lift a Spartan off the ground in reality.

> > > > > How do you know it’s made for zero gravity?
> > > >
> > > > If you can find some logical reason as to how it can lift and guide a 1000 pound walking tank of death off the ground then you sir have my respect.
> > >
> > > The Jet Pack in Reach. In reality would that even be able to lift those Spartans of the ground?
> > >
> > > I believe it would be able to lift a regular soldier off the ground. But not someone in armor that ways 1000 pounds plus 200-300 pounds of Spartan body weight.
> >
> > That is JET PACK, not a zero-g thruster. Astronauts don’t strap on zero-g thrusters. Also the thrusters are smaller than the Jetpack.
>
> I know it’s “JET PACK”. I was would the “JET PACK” be able to lift a Spartan off the ground in reality.

I was would what? Anyway that’s a jetpack. For all we know those jetpacks were designed to actually lift Spartans off the ground.

RIP Thom.

I don’t want something to lift the Spartan off the ground. I want something that makes the jumps more floaty. For that, a thruster is perfect.

> I don’t want something to lift the Spartan off the ground. I want something that makes the jumps more floaty. For that, a thruster is perfect.

In a low-g environment, I can imagine that.

It’s completely possible that they’re not exclusive to Zero-G environments (and therefore not a Zero-G thruster), and would allow you to perform a sort of “double jump”.

But this is speculation, since I’m not sure a Zero-G thruster would have much use in the game unless there’s a part with no gravity in most multiplayer maps, which I highly doubt.

> It’s completely possible that they’re not exclusive to Zero-G environments (and therefore not a Zero-G thruster), and would allow you to perform a sort of “double jump”.
>
> But this is speculation, since I’m not sure a Zero-G thruster would have much use in the game unless there’s a part with no gravity in most multiplayer maps, which I highly doubt.

While I would like a double jump, God help these forums if there is one.

I hope this is not the case. I hope Halo 4 Has Zero low gravity environments. I am not a fan… :confused:

> > It’s completely possible that they’re not exclusive to Zero-G environments (and therefore not a Zero-G thruster), and would allow you to perform a sort of “double jump”.
> >
> > But this is speculation, since I’m not sure a Zero-G thruster would have much use in the game unless there’s a part with no gravity in most multiplayer maps, which I highly doubt.
>
> While I would like a double jump, God help these forums if there is one.

Oh dear… If people are complaining like crazy about something like recoil, imagine what this would do…

> > > It’s completely possible that they’re not exclusive to Zero-G environments (and therefore not a Zero-G thruster), and would allow you to perform a sort of “double jump”.
> > >
> > > But this is speculation, since I’m not sure a Zero-G thruster would have much use in the game unless there’s a part with no gravity in most multiplayer maps, which I highly doubt.
> >
> > While I would like a double jump, God help these forums if there is one.
>
> Oh dear… If people are complaining like crazy about something like recoil, imagine what this would do…

Though I would find a double jump a bit silly.

> > > > It’s completely possible that they’re not exclusive to Zero-G environments (and therefore not a Zero-G thruster), and would allow you to perform a sort of “double jump”.
> > > >
> > > > But this is speculation, since I’m not sure a Zero-G thruster would have much use in the game unless there’s a part with no gravity in most multiplayer maps, which I highly doubt.
> > >
> > > While I would like a double jump, God help these forums if there is one.
> >
> > Oh dear… If people are complaining like crazy about something like recoil, imagine what this would do…
>
> Though I would find a double jump a bit silly.

Yeah, so would I, but it’s definitely not something that would be game breaking in any way.