thruster packs need some verticality.

First off i’m not talking about making thruster packs into jet packs here. I love the new thrusters, i think it allows for smooth, quick, and competitive gameplay. also i feel it responds perfectly when i fire forward, backward, and side to side. However when i aim up, i feel like the thrusters barely give an up boost, just boost me forward. I feel like adding a little more vertical force when an ariel player fires the thrusters while looking up should give the player a little bit greater of an upward nudge. This would allow for some really good flanking options that might disturb the flow small portion of the map and keep enemy’s on their toes, which is a true test of competitive skill in my book.

Sounds an awful lot like a double jump which is something I’ve never been a fan of. Take Destiny for example. The first jump is completely worthless so you HAVE to double jump to get anywhere. Plus this is pretty much already accomplished by the hover jump making it a redundant feature.

Instant verticality = jetpack by another name

No matter how it works no player should be able instantly get the high ground, artificialy or not, in the middle of an open field.

> 2533274913936758;2:
> Sounds an awful lot like a double jump which is something I’ve never been a fan of. Take Destiny for example. The first jump is completely worthless so you HAVE to double jump to get anywhere. Plus this is pretty much already accomplished by the hover jump making it a redundant feature.

Unless they make the upward momentum extremly fast like CoD AW and allow you to thrust in any direction afterwards it’d be a valuable mechanic

> 2535439780801708;4:
> > 2533274913936758;2:
> > Sounds an awful lot like a double jump which is something I’ve never been a fan of. Take Destiny for example. The first jump is completely worthless so you HAVE to double jump to get anywhere. Plus this is pretty much already accomplished by the hover jump making it a redundant feature.
>
>
> Unless they make the upward momentum extremly fast like CoD AW and allow you to thrust in any direction afterwards it’d be a valuable mechanic

No thanks. I think there’s enough borderline teleporting in H5 as is.

He’ll no please no. Jet packs are the worst, but that’s just me.

You say you are not asking for a jetpack but basically you are asking for a jetpack.

no thrusters are already really good if you give them an upgrade in anyway they could become “OP”

personally i like the idea, There seems to be alot of people on the forums saying they want an arena game… But then fight the idea of arena mechanics, thrusters are literally just dashing… Anyone that has played Unreal tournament will know this…

> 2533274800962187;6:
> He’ll no please no. Jet packs are the worst, but that’s just me.

They ruin map control. This was a huge problem in Halo 4. If a player fought for the high ground all an enemy had to do was press X and shoot up with ease and eliminate what the other guy worked for. It made maps worse

> 2535416519117528;9:
> > 2533274800962187;6:
> > He’ll no please no. Jet packs are the worst, but that’s just me.
>
>
> They ruin map control. This was a huge problem in Halo 4. If a player fought for the high ground all an enemy had to do was press X and shoot up with ease and eliminate what the other guy worked for. It made maps worse

Ya definitely the only 1 thing I agree with you on currently, lol. Well might be some others but thats very true with the gameplay.

I think it might work fine, but it should only work if you are looking up or down to thrust up or down. This way you couldn’t keep your aim forward and shoot people while thrusting upwards. It’s not likely to happen at this point since the maps are designed without that feature in mind, but it could work without being OP if it was tied to the direction you were looking so it would take a moment to line up a shot after an upwards thrust. It would need a shorter range for thrusting up so you couldn’t super jump everywhere.

> 2535416519117528;9:
> > 2533274800962187;6:
>
>
> They ruin map control. This was a huge problem in Halo 4. If a player fought for the high ground all an enemy had to do was press X and shoot up with ease and eliminate what the other guy worked for. It made maps worse

In no way is it like a jet pack that I’m asking for. the jet pack in every single halo that had on was designed to get a player from somewhere really low to somewhere much high. if the thrusters had a bit more vertical thrust it would only be enough to grab an edge and clamor, allowing for competitive flanking.

> 2533274913936758;2:
> Sounds an awful lot like a double jump which is something I’ve never been a fan of. Take Destiny for example. The first jump is completely worthless so you HAVE to double jump to get anywhere. Plus this is pretty much already accomplished by the hover jump making it a redundant feature.

You obviously have never played team fortress two. the scout class in team fortress two allowing it to jump over obstacles other classes can and flank and get the drop on someone. this isn’t flying up three stories I’m talking about, but if you get a little more distance to clamor up the next level, that allows for awesome flanking.

> 2535416519117528;9:
> > 2533274800962187;6:
>
>

what your saying implies a constant stream of power to lift a player of the ground. the thruster packs in halo 5 do not work that way. we are talking about being able to grab an edge and flank around the enemy.

All the guys complaining about jet packs obviously aren’t fans of Bobba Fett… (if you haven’t guessed it yes I was rocking it in Reach and 4)
Back on topic I think if they were to add a slight vertical lift then it would have to function as a double jump otherwise I’d imagine to assign it to the current thruster button you’d have to leave your thumbstick stationary otherwise it would just perform a forward thrust. So it would be A to jump, A for verticle boost, LB for thrust followed by A for clamber.

> 2535412324744569;13:
> > 2533274913936758;2:
> > Sounds an awful lot like a double jump which is something I’ve never been a fan of. Take Destiny for example. The first jump is completely worthless so you HAVE to double jump to get anywhere. Plus this is pretty much already accomplished by the hover jump making it a redundant feature.
>
>
> You obviously have never played team fortress two. the scout class in team fortress two allowing it to jump over obstacles other classes can and flank and get the drop on someone. this isn’t flying up three stories I’m talking about, but if you get a little more distance to clamor up the next level, that allows for awesome flanking.

Halo =/= class-based game.

A slight upward lift would be nice, these thrusters seem to push you down more than anything when in the air. I feel like Halo has lost its age-old arc jumping (floaty feeling)

> 2533274825557260;15:
> All the guys complaining about jet packs obviously aren’t fans of Bobba Fett… (if you haven’t guessed it yes I was rocking it in Reach and 4)
> Back on topic I think if they were to add a slight vertical lift then it would have to function as a double jump otherwise I’d imagine to assign it to the current thruster button you’d have to leave your thumbstick stationary otherwise it would just perform a forward thrust. So it would be A to jump, A for verticle boost, LB for thrust followed by A for clamber.

this is exactly what I’m suggesting. apparently people don’t understand my initial post

> 2533274913936758;16:
> > 2535412324744569;13:
> > > 2533274913936758;2:
> > > Sounds an awful lot like a double jump which is something I’ve never been a fan of. Take Destiny for example. The first jump is completely worthless so you HAVE to double jump to get anywhere. Plus this is pretty much already accomplished by the hover jump making it a redundant feature.
> >
> >
> >
> > You obviously have never played team fortress two. the scout class in team fortress two allowing it to jump over obstacles other classes can and flank and get the drop on someone. this isn’t flying up three stories I’m talking about, but if you get a little more distance to clamor up the next level, that allows for awesome flanking.
>
>
> Halo =/= class-based game.

and it would not make it a class based game. it would just allow for flanking. your point is mute.