Thruster Pack Umph

I would like to see this have a little more punch.
It really needs a update to make it go just a bit longer, nothing like
the zombies just give it a little more umph.

I don’t feel like it needs a buff. I actually feel like im cheating when i use it. I use it to dodge being stuck, grenades, splatters, and if i can time it right i can thrust behind a player for an assassination.

Upgrade it, it’s weak i’d rather sprint.

I see what your saying, it throws me foward a bit but not what I thought it would. Maybe its just me.

> Upgrade it, it’s weak i’d rather sprint.

My thoughts exactly!

In zombies I think it’s really unfair but in any other game mode I feel like I’m only moving about 3 feet…

> In zombies I think it’s really unfair but in any other game mode I feel like I’m only moving about 3 feet…

Yeah man, the zombie is completely different than infection I wish they would go back to how it was.

It’s really useful if you know how to use it.

> It’s really useful if you know how to use it.

I can be but most of the time it really has no effect

I would say it requires faster thrusting and slightly more distance, say 20% to 30% increase in distance

We should at least get the Thruster Pack shown in campaign.

> We should at least get the Thruster Pack shown in campaign.

Agreed

I feel like the thruster pack is actually overpowered when used in a lot of certain situations. I have no problem with any other AA because they can change a fight drastically when used appropriately.

> I feel like the thruster pack is actually overpowered when used in a lot of certain situations. I have no problem with any other AA because they can change a fight drastically when used appropriately.

Well by the polls I do believe most of the community would like to see an upgraded version.

As I know that I can’t fight the community but I can say that most of these people don’t make an attempt to learn how the thruster pack can be used to its full potential.
For example:

• If you’re in a close quarter battle with any weapon of choice you can gain a full advantage by simply strafe in one direction then thrust the other to cause confusion to the other player.
  • If you and a teammate bump into each other and you get forced off the map, you can thrust to correct yourself.
  • If you get punched unexpectedly and survive you can react by a quick jump thrust that can give you a ninja or an escape.

There are much more uses for this AA that make it perfect in situations especially for an aggressive player.

I only use the thruster pack. I do think it is slightly under powered. Would like to see one of the three (if not all):

1.Boost longer distances (not OP though)

2.After boosting there is a moment the scope is gone, make it so the reticule is back the moment im back in first person.

3.If charging a plasma pistol then thrusting, it negates the charge. I think my spartan is more than capable of holding down the trigger while thrusting.

Ive played every Halo that has come out and even beta tested for some I do believe I am every familiar with the aspect of gameplay as many others that take the time to post of the forums. The thruster packs are good for those few things but not if your playing with a seasoned player. So I posted this to help others use it for a mobile purpose instead of only using it in a cheap manner to get a CQ beat down.

> I only use the thruster pack. I do think it is slightly under powered. Would like to see one of the three (if not all):
>
> 1.Boost longer distances (not OP though)
>
> 2.After boosting there is a moment the scope is gone, make it so the reticule is back the moment im back in first person.

I agree with these to the third just would seem kinda cheap if you use it in the right way.

I really think there are a few of the abilites that can be fixed.