thruster pack/jetpack what?!??

wait im confused is there going to be thruster pack and a jet pack in Halo 4?

No, dude, it’s just a jetpack. Not that big of a deal.

> No, dude, it’s just a jetpack. Not that big of a deal.

no, its both, i think thruster pack is horizontal movement while jetpack is verticle movement.

> No, dude, it’s just a jetpack. Not that big of a deal.

No dude, just a jetpack AND a thrusterpack. OP is right.

Unfortunately, yes, jet pack will be making a come back. I had my fingers crossed that the thruster pack would be replacing it… But as long as jet pack gets a serious nerf, I don’t see much of a problem. If it’s identical to the Halo Reach jet pack however, I probably won’t be playing Halo 4 much…

is this confirmed ?

> is this confirmed ?

pretty much yes.

I would rather have a “Jump pack”… basically take the idea of the thruster pack, which is a quick horizontal movement, and apply that to the Jet Pack. Basically, the jump pack would let you double jump. You could cross some gaps you otherwise couldn’t, and do some trick jumps you might not otherwise be able to do, but you wouldn’t be able to get outside or on top of the map. All jumps would be carefully balanced considering both normal jumping and using jump + jump pack.

Then using custom game options if people wanted to they could tweak the jump pack to act like a jet pack by having repeated uses each recharge.

thruster pack is replacing evade

They are different things. The Thruster Pack is like Evade, while the Jetpack is…a jetpack.

Remember these spartans are heavier than S3’s so i doubt the jet pack will be so effective

> Remember these spartans are heavier than S3’s so i doubt the jet pack will be so effective

Well, their armour is actually more lightweight than the MJOLNIR Mk V or VI armour.

> Remember these spartans are heavier than S3’s so i doubt the jet pack will be so effective

I doubt the difference in weight between a III and IV is enough to cause difference in base Jetpack performance

Is the thruster pack evade with just a different name or is it different than evade?

i never use jetpack but i love seeing it in action just like the man cannons being introduced in halo 3

There is the thruster pack and the jetpack hasn’t been confirmed but the jetpack is being nerfed.