Thruster Pack and the future of Halo

Thruster Pack skill is what will seperate the average halo player from the truely skilled halo players in the future. It’s the only AA that has it’s own skill gap.

I’m pretty stoked to see how the community adopts this mentality moving forward. It’s already started happening.

Wouldn’t be suprised if it becomes the default starting AA in all “Pro” gametypes in the future.

Who else uses TP and what do you think?

This guy knows what’s up. https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst187775_The-Thruster-Pack–best-AA.aspx

i want Evade back

> i want Evade back

Go play Reach :wink:

> > i want Evade back
>
> Go play Reach :wink:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2287459_Better-armor----Reach-or-H4.aspx#post2287459 on to the armor thread

> > > i want Evade back
> >
> > Go play Reach :wink:
>
> https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2287459_Better-armor----Reach-or-H4.aspx#post2287459 on to the armor thread

lolwut?

I enjoyed evade more due to the ninja it made me.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not make nonconstructive posts.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

Skill LOL What
-Spartan044

Every time I stick it in a loadout, I forget I have it, and miss my wallhack.

> I enjoyed evade more due to the ninja it made me.

Yeah, there’s something more satisfying about flipping around the map, instead of just rocket boosters.

> I enjoyed evade more due to the ninja it made me.

Evade was stronger since you could do it twice before it was exhausted.

TP is a much more balanced evolution of evade.

Thruster pack is my favorite AA. I use it the most. Good for getting a nice jump on the enemy. Good for side thrusting around corners. Good for cutting the time down that takes you to get over or under and forward. Can throw peeps off mid battle. Avoid nades, boltshot and people how get plasma stuck next to you.

Makes me feel more agile.

Enjoyed Evade more plus whats with the entire forum thinking that the thruster pack is the number one AA? I mean as it stands at the moments its the most useless out of them all. (and that somehow makes its the best???)

> Enjoyed Evade more plus whats with the entire forum thinking that the thruster pack is the number one AA? I mean as it stands at the moments its the most useless out of them all. (and that somehow makes its the best???)

Sorry you’re bad with it?

Like i said, it takes SKILL to use it effectively. Believe me, once you start to get the hang of it, it. is. AWESOME.

> > Enjoyed Evade more plus whats with the entire forum thinking that the thruster pack is the number one AA? I mean as it stands at the moments its the most useless out of them all. (and that somehow makes its the best???)
>
> Sorry you’re bad with it?
>
> Like i said, it takes SKILL to use it effectively. Believe me, once you start to get the hang of it, it. is. AWESOME.

The jumps on Haven are a prime example.

Thruster pack has become my favorite armor ability to use. It’s just so awesome.

This is the 3rd time that someone has referenced my Thruster AA thread.

Speaking of which I need to add to it.

I’ve been thrusting right/left after a melee and effectively escaping plasma sticks, but timing is everything. Another slick move is melee, thrust back, and then finish your foe with whatever weapon you desire. This works beautifully with weapons like the storm rifle that risk overheating before effectively dropping shields AND health.

I wish i could make some tutorials for those that are oblivious to how handy the TP is.

> > I enjoyed evade more due to the ninja it made me.
>
> Yeah, there’s something more satisfying about flipping around the map, instead of just rocket boosters.

Evade could only be used while you were on the ground.

TP can be used at ANYTIME. Pretty nice to use on a man cannon to stop when you need to.

I’ve saved myself from falling off the map with it too, pretty lucky when i do though. Still really cool feeling to pull off some sweet moves.

> This is the 3rd time that someone has referenced my Thruster AA thread.
>
> Speaking of which I need to add to it.
>
> I’ve been thrusting right/left after a melee and effectively escaping plasma sticks, but timing is everything. Another slick move is melee, thrust back, and then finish your foe with whatever weapon you desire. This works beautifully with weapons like the storm rifle that risk overheating before effectively dropping shields AND health.
>
> I wish i could make some tutorials for those that are oblivious to how handy the TP is.

Someone needs to make an EPIC TP montage to show off how it’s done!

> > > Enjoyed Evade more plus whats with the entire forum thinking that the thruster pack is the number one AA? I mean as it stands at the moments its the most useless out of them all. (and that somehow makes its the best???)
> >
> > Sorry you’re bad with it?
> >
> > Like i said, it takes SKILL to use it effectively. Believe me, once you start to get the hang of it, it. is. AWESOME.
>
> The jumps on Haven are a prime example.

It is sickening in CQC. I used to die by sticky all the time (sticks are #4 on my “weapons that killed me” list in slayer game types) but with a well timed side thrust you can escape a suicide kids left trigger/prayer every time.

Nothing is worse than destroying someone in a hallway in CQC only for them to suicide stick ya. But the TP is a definite answer.

> > This is the 3rd time that someone has referenced my Thruster AA thread.
> >
> > Speaking of which I need to add to it.
> >
> > I’ve been thrusting right/left after a melee and effectively escaping plasma sticks, but timing is everything. Another slick move is melee, thrust back, and then finish your foe with whatever weapon you desire. This works beautifully with weapons like the storm rifle that risk overheating before effectively dropping shields AND health.
> >
> > I wish i could make some tutorials for those that are oblivious to how handy the TP is.
>
> Someone needs to make an EPIC TP montage to show off how it’s done!

I would if i had the equipment. I’ve done some pretty wild -Yoink- thus far. Lol. I took down two foes at once at the banshee spawn on Exile earlier today… double beatdowns. Then jumped/thrusted clear of 3 or 4 tank shells in a row and shot a driver out… hilarious hearing these guys rage in the lobby afterward.