Three Things that Should be in Halo 4

1. Return of the Grenade Launcher. This was my favorite weapon coming out of Reach and quite possibly the most underrated weapon in the Halo sandbox, yet. This gun took time, skill, and patience to master and once you had that – you would completely wreck with this gun (hence the name “Pro-pipe”). Plus, this weapon would be a GREAT counterpart to the sticky detonator. It’s sort of like the samtex and frag in CoD, both equally balanced (yes it’s possible to like Halo and CoD). Overall, it was also a great addition to Halo and I really hope it finds its way back to Halo 4.

2. Return of the Needle Rifle. This was the DMR’s counterpart in Halo: Reach as the Carbine is to the BR. It doesn’t make much sense to exclude this from Halo 4, now would it? Obviously some slight changes would need to be made to fit it into the atmosphere of Halo 4, but it well could be done. The needle rifle wasn’t overpowered or underpowered; it definitely needs to make a return, especially to accommodate for a larger variety of primary weapons for the common individual to choose from in Halo 4.

3. Active camo to power-up. Now I’ve heard rumors that active camo has been confirmed to be an AA, but I really hope that’s not true. In Reach, I had the worst experiences with camo: it slowed gameplay, jammed radars, caused confusion and annoyance, plus a huge grind for the opposite team. People would be too busy trying to find the guy camping with the active camo, rather than focusing on the game itself. As such, adding the active camo to power ups will give players a larger variety from the ordnance drops (as of now there’s only three power ups: overshield, speed boost, and damage boost(?)) Active camo as a power up would make H4 flow so much smoother if such transition were to occur. Active camo was never meant to be an armor ability and sure hope it returns as a power up just like overshield.

1- Not happening. Sticky Detonator is replacing it.

2- It would be cool to see it return. No word on it yet though.

3- No comment.

1. Yes! i would definetly enjoy the Granade Laucher in H4! Still, the Sticky Pistol is it’s successor.
  2. No. It would be redundant, we already have 3 primary precision weapons, if the Lightrifle is not part of primarys…
  3. Absolutely. Camo as Powerup is a must, no more Camo AA please.

I completely agree. I loved the Pro Pipe and the Dolphin Gun, Destroyer of Worlds in Reach. They will most likely not return, though, and I doubt that the Sticky Detonator will be half as good.

I also hated how Active Camo was an AA. I think it should be kept as a Power-Up.

I never knew the Needle Rifle’s nickname was the dolphin gun lol

1. Yes! I love the Grenade Launcher and see no reason for it to not return. Some people may say that the Sticky Detonator is a replacement for it, but that thing is as different compared to the Grenade Launcher than the Concussion Rifle.

2. Once again, yes please. The Needle Rifle is fairly different and has its own niche to fill that isn’t touched by any other precision weapon. The ability to have a supercombine and automatic fire made it really fun to use and worth picking up.

3. Since it’s an Armour Ability, I don’t think they’ll be making it a pickup as well. However, I definitely do prefer it being a pick up rather than an AA, as you suggested. So yes please once again!

Yeah, the grenade launcher and sticky detonator are completely different and useful in different ways. It wouldn’t be optimal to remove one and keep the other.

But, we have Active Camo as a powerup in Reach…

1. Yes, I always found it useful.

2. Yes, have the DMR, why not the NR

3. Not going to happen.

1. Not going to happen.
  2. Not going to happen, plus we have so many precision weapons already - DMR, BR, Carbine, to name a few.

> Absolutely. Camo as Powerup is a must, no more Camo AA please.

This, if camo is an AA, I’ll be EXTREMELY disappointed at 343i.

I don’t see the point of posting “not going to happen.” Isn’t that the whole reason I’ve posted this thread? To hopefully convince 343 to consider making a meticulous decision which will ultimately please many Halo fans. Without any feedback, of course it’s “not going to happen.” Come on now.

> 2. Not going to happen, plus we have so many precision weapons already - DMR, BR, Carbine, to name a few.

There are 15 confirmed primary weapons. I don’t see a reason why it wouldn’t/couldn’t happen.

1. I found the GL to be too bouncy. Thats just me though.

2. Why not, though its probably too late in development to add it. Though it was kind of overpowered in the TU update. (Thus its nickname, Dolphin Gun Destroyer of Worlds)

3.YES! I thought everybody hated the camo AA in Reach. All it did was make things meticulous and slow.

> I never knew the Needle Rifle’s nickname was the dolphin gun lol

Lol I believe bs angel dubbed it that name.

I Would love to have all those things, but…

1. Nade Launcher was split in two. Sticky D and Rail Gun. Sticky D is trap factor, Rail is similar to unheld GL shot. Cooldown similar to reloading another shell in GL in Reach.

2. Changes would be needed, as it would be very similar to Carbine. Faster Automatic Fire, more shots to kill than carbine.

3. Camo as a Power-up is extremely likely. I think Camo was confirmed NOT BEING an AA

> 1. Return of the Grenade Launcher. This was my favorite weapon coming out of Reach and quite possibly the most underrated weapon in the Halo sandbox, yet. This gun took time, skill, and patience to master and once you had that – you would completely wreck with this gun (hence the name “Pro-pipe”). Plus, this weapon would be a GREAT counterpart to the sticky detonator. It’s sort of like the samtex and frag in CoD, both equally balanced (yes it’s possible to like Halo and CoD). Overall, it was also a great addition to Halo and I really hope it finds its way back to Halo 4.
>
> 2. Return of the Needle Rifle. This was the DMR’s counterpart in Halo: Reach as the Carbine is to the BR. It doesn’t make much sense to exclude this from Halo 4, now would it? Obviously some slight changes would need to be made to fit it into the atmosphere of Halo 4, but it well could be done. The needle rifle wasn’t overpowered or underpowered; it definitely needs to make a return, especially to accommodate for a larger variety of primary weapons for the common individual to choose from in Halo 4.
>
> 3. Active camo to power-up. Now I’ve heard rumors that active camo has been confirmed to be an AA, but I really hope that’s not true. In Reach, I had the worst experiences with camo: it slowed gameplay, jammed radars, caused confusion and annoyance, plus a huge grind for the opposite team. People would be too busy trying to find the guy camping with the active camo, rather than focusing on the game itself. As such, adding the active camo to power ups will give players a larger variety from the ordnance drops (as of now there’s only three power ups: overshield, speed boost, and damage boost(?)) Active camo as a power up would make H4 flow so much smoother if such transition were to occur. Active camo was never meant to be an armor ability and sure hope it returns as a power up just like overshield.

1. Sure why not?

2. No. Maybe in mp but in campaign, it’s just like Hologram. AI fall for it way too easily and you don’t have to aim for the head thanks to supercombine. With Bloom, it feels like it’s made for noobs. While I admit it’s very useful, that doesn’t mean that I liked using it. I felt like I had to use it to get past some encounters. I even developed strategies so I didn’t have to use it!

Also, the AI never use it’s bounce. They just fire straight as if it were a Carbine. It’s strategic value would be too difficult to implement for them. But if 343 can do that, then I wouldn’t mind seeing it a few times. I hated the Focus Rifle more than NR.

1. YES. Camo sucked in campaign.

Even if there’s a rail gun and sticky detonator, the grenade launcher could well find its way home in Halo 4. It’s completely a different, unique weapon. The pro-pipe can bounce off surfaces, make it able to set traps, get one hit kills IF projected precisely, or get the enemy one shot if missed by a small margin, EMP a vehicle if shot at an accurate angle. There are simply so many possibilities.
As for the rail gun, it sounds like a buffed up brute-shot hybridded as a lazer, wouldn’t you say? I can’t wait to get my hands on it.
And the sticky detonator, well, is something you can stick to surfaces so it’s a more tactical approached sort of weapon – completely different than the pro-pipe, shouldn’t replace it whatsoever.
All these weapons are amazing in its own way and shouldn’t effect each others’ presence in Halo 4.

Yeah, but how often do you see people trying to ricochet the Needle Rifle’s shots in Multiplayer? I think it wasn’t intended to kill people by bouncing it off surfaces lol. Just a neat addition it had to keep it unique from other weapons. The NR was also linked to the needler, eg. if you used needler then followed up w/ NR then it could finish the kill easy.

> But, we have Active Camo as a powerup in Reach…

1. In custom games/forge
  2. This thread is about it returning as a power up in Halo 4, not Reach