Three simple ideas for Halo 4: The reboot

I’m back with three more ideas that would be pretty neat in H4.

I saw this in "The package", basically once your ammo runs out in a weapon that has an ammo indicator (EX: Assault rifle, BR) the ammo screen turns red and makes a beep noise, as seen [here](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndkLv2LiSKI&feature=related). ( Skip to around 0:40 ).

~~~2. Blocking ~~~
Again, from "The package" if somebody attacks you with a melee weapon, you should be able to block the attack, but the attacker should also be able to stagger you if it's a lunge, but if it's a melee attack, blocking works. Every weapon would have their own blocking animation, and it would work by pressing B will being hit.

~~~3. Sprint being default ~~~
I know, you all hate AA's, but Sprint is important in modern FPS's. I think everyone should spawn with sprint, but be able to pick up let's say, Thruster pack, just like equipment in Halo 3. Pretty simple.

Blocking… NO.

Sword block got removed for a reason.

1,3 YES.
2. hell no.

> I’m back with three more ideas that would be pretty neat in H4.
>
> ~~~1. No ammo ~~~
> I saw this in “The package”, basically once your ammo runs out in a weapon that has an ammo indicator (EX: Assault rifle, BR) the ammo screen turns red and makes a beep noise, as seen here. ( Skip to around 0:40 ).
>
> ~~~2. Blocking ~~~
> Again, from “The package” if somebody attacks you with a melee weapon, you should be able to block the attack, but the attacker should also be able to stagger you if it’s a lunge, but if it’s a melee attack, blocking works. Every weapon would have their own blocking animation, and it would work by pressing B will being hit.
>
> ~~~3. Sprint being default ~~~
> I know, you all hate AA’s, but Sprint is important in modern FPS’s. I think everyone should spawn with sprint, but be able to pick up let’s say, Thruster pack, just like equipment in Halo 3. Pretty simple.

  1. That sounds neat.

  2. This also sounds cool but it would be sword/weapon blocking complaints x 1,000,000. Not sure if it would be any good, just frustrating.

  3. I’ve always wanted this. Reach had a sweet idea with armor abilities but executed it poorly. Sprint should be a default to every player (but have the option to turn it off) and there needs to be armor abilities that are actually useful. Dropshield, armor lock, and invis are a joke. Overshield and invis need to be placed on the map anyways.

> Blocking… NO.
>
> Sword block got removed for a reason.

Like I said, it would only come into effect if it were a melee, in which case it seems appropriate because it isn’t using the weapons real ability, I can’t shoot the AR with the B button now can I? SO why should the sword have a 1-hit kill with it? It would balance it if it had blocking, but maybe make the lunge distance farther to even it out so it’s usable.

Damn you for posting that video. Now i’m watching Halo Legends.

  1. Sure, why not?
  2. No. This is an awful idea, no offense. Melees would become useless if this was implemented.
  3. NO. Halo 1-3 all had perfect movement speeds without sprint. Sprint just allows people to run away when they are about to die, and ruins map control.

1/3

  1. No opinion
  2. HELL NO
  3. You shouldn’t need a sprint button. Default move speed should be fast enough.

1: Maybe.
2: if done properly, it could be awesome.
3: YES. Very yes.

Why are are you trying to slow down a game that is meant to be fast-paced?

> 1. No opinion
> 2. HELL NO
> 3. You shouldn’t need a sprint button. Default move speed should be fast enough.

Well it’s not. I like action and walking to my destination is like watching pride and prejudice. Let there be Sprint!

> Why are are you trying to slow down a game that is meant to be fast-paced?

How am I slowing it, good sir?

> > Why are are you trying to slow down a game that is meant to be fast-paced?
>
> How am I slowing it, good sir?

> “~~~1. No ammo ~~~
> I saw this in “The package”, basically once your ammo runs out in a weapon that has an ammo indicator (EX: Assault rifle, BR) the ammo screen turns red and makes a beep noise, as seen here. ( Skip to around 0:40 ).”

Doesn’t really slow anything down.

> ~~~2. Blocking ~~~
> Again, from “The package” if somebody attacks you with a melee weapon, you should be able to block the attack, but the attacker should also be able to stagger you if it’s a lunge, but if it’s a melee attack, blocking works. Every weapon would have their own blocking animation, and it would work by pressing B will being hit.

For one, melee would become useless, and if people are just blocking melee attacks, it slows it down. You’d have to be blind to not notice this.

> ~~~3. Sprint being default ~~~
> I know, you all hate AA’s, but Sprint is important in modern FPS’s. I think everyone should spawn with sprint, but be able to pick up let’s say, Thruster pack, just like equipment in Halo 3. Pretty simple."

Map control my friend.

THANK YOU!! I’ve been preaching sprint default for the longest! I still can’t believe the crazy excuses I hear for not including it. This should be a given to 343.

  1. I wouldn’t mind, as long as that buzzing noise isn’t annoying.
  2. Sure, if implemented right, it may be sick. They’d have to get this right square on though.

Sprint is bad enough in Reach as an AA. We don’t need Sprint to be default settings. I don’t understand why we need it. It is completely useless.

It doesn’t belong in Halo. If you want sprint, then you play a game like Cod or Bf. I play Halo because it’s different from other FPS games.

> > > Why are are you trying to slow down a game that is meant to be fast-paced?
> >
> > How am I slowing it, good sir?
>
>
>
> > “~~~1. No ammo ~~~
> > I saw this in “The package”, basically once your ammo runs out in a weapon that has an ammo indicator (EX: Assault rifle, BR) the ammo screen turns red and makes a beep noise, as seen here. ( Skip to around 0:40 ).”
>
> Doesn’t really slow anything down.
>
>
>
> > ~~~2. Blocking ~~~
> > Again, from “The package” if somebody attacks you with a melee weapon, you should be able to block the attack, but the attacker should also be able to stagger you if it’s a lunge, but if it’s a melee attack, blocking works. Every weapon would have their own blocking animation, and it would work by pressing B will being hit.
>
> For one, melee would become useless, and if people are just blocking melee attacks, it slows it down. You’d have to be blind to not notice this.
>
>
>
> > ~~~3. Sprint being default ~~~
> > I know, you all hate AA’s, but Sprint is important in modern FPS’s. I think everyone should spawn with sprint, but be able to pick up let’s say, Thruster pack, just like equipment in Halo 3. Pretty simple."
>
> Map control my friend.

Maybe I mispoke, I meant that only melee weapons can be blocked. Like iv’e said, melee should NOT be 1-hit kill, EVER. With the sword, it is. When somebody swings the sword at you, you can block it. When someone swings the hammer at you (melee, not trigger), you can block it. When someone is blocking your sword, you can stagger/parry them by pressing the lunge button quickly. It’s pretty simple, and sounds great on paper.

/
It’s only a one hit kill (with the melee button) using the sword, the hammer still needs to hits, so it would only be useful for the sword, in which case, it’s just a waste of disk space.

> Sprint is bad enough in Reach as an AA. We don’t need Sprint to be default settings. I don’t understand why we need it. It is completely useless.
>
> It doesn’t belong in Halo. If you want sprint, then you play a game like Cod or Bf. I play Halo because it’s different from other FPS games.

If you don’t like the fact Halos combat is evolving, Halo PC, 2 Vista, and 3 are always there for you too play. Halo 4 will be completely different, and since CoD is pretty much dead after the aborted fetuses’ realized how -Yoink- it really is (running MW3 PC and it registering as MW2) Halo will have a huge population no matter what. -Yoink!- will advertise the -Yoink- out of it. Even if it’s different from other Halo’s, it will be the most successful and maybe the most loved, to date. So please, if you want nostalgic Halo, go play Halo 3 or adapt to the new Halo. I personally, love Reach more than any other Halo. Why? Because it’s different. Halo 1-3 were all the same, bland game. Halo was my first FPS, so after playing many others, it really did become boring. That’s why I loved Reach. It’s just perfect. Halo 4 should have more similarities too Halo 3, as in art and gameplay, but should be completely new in itself. I’d love to see H4 make it so teamwork is used a lot more, remember how fun it was on High ground, somebody guarding the gate with the turret, someone with the shoop da whoop ba-leeting the enemies, and the rest as ground troops? Remember on Boneyard having to coordinate with your team on how to take down the Elite’s defence? Do you see how each Halo has evolved? H4 will be no different. I’m prepared for H4 and the innovations it offers, but the question is, are you?

> /
> It’s only a one hit kill (with the melee button) using the sword, the hammer still needs to hits, so it would only be useful for the sword, in which case, it’s just a waste of disk space.

Fine, then save the idea for Halo 5 when the XBox 720 has blu-ray, that’ll have enough space :wink:

there shouldn’t be sprint the movement speed should just be faster