THREE New Armor Mods!

Ok, Deus here, back with a new Champions DLC rumor.

Apparently a new armor modification (tactical package/support upgrade) was listed under the bonus content at the reveal.

Can anyone confirm this?

EDIT: Rumor has been confirmed by this podcast at 9:30. (Info courtesy of GDhaliwal43)

These two mods will reportedly be released via title update.

<mark>Survivor automatically ejects Spartans from highly damaged vehicles.</mark>

while

<mark>Recharge (Support Upgrade) decreases the time delay between shield recharges.</mark>

EDIT (again):

A new source (Courtesy of Rusty1819) claims that the Bundle will include-

<mark>Resistor (Tactical Package) “allows Spartans to maintain their full mobility and dexterity while taking incoming fire”</mark>

Which I am interpreting as Stability for movement.

Here’s the poster they were handing out.

The bonus content for getting the Champions pack lists (In addition to being the 3 DLC packs):
5 UNSC Weapons skins (One of which is a call back to the Flamethrower <3)
5 Armour Skins
8 New Stances
A New Armour Mod

No clue what it is yet, though, but I’m very interested to find out.

That does look pretty official.

It was confirmed in Major Nelsons Podcast at 9:30

Survivor ejects you out of a vehicle if its about to explode.

Recharge decreases the time it takes for your shields to recharge.

> It was confirmed in Major Nelsons Podcast at 9:30
>
> Survivor ejects you out of a vehicle if its about to explode.
>
> Recharge decreases the time it takes for your shields to recharge.

That sounds awesome. Helps fix some problems people on here have been complaining about forever.

343 IS listening…

That sounds like 2 armor mods. The survivor one seems a little overpowered. It’s pretty crazy if that happened. I know I’d use it, for sure! And Recharge sounds EXACTLY like Shielding. Hmm…

> That sounds like 2 armor mods. The survivor one seems a little overpowered. It’s pretty crazy if that happened. I know I’d use it, for sure! And Recharge sounds EXACTLY like Shielding. Hmm…

They are not the same shielding helps the recharge time not the delay.

The Survivor Mod is going to get a lot of negative feedback because players will feel like they deserved a kill for some vehicle like a Mantis or Scorpion, but they will only get a generic kill at most. How are people going to be able to build up Commendations if enemies won’t die in their vehicles?

I’m having vivid visions of three Spartans ejecting out of a Warthog before it explodes. :stuck_out_tongue:

If it’s something like a literal ejector seat and LAUNCHES you out, it could be fun. If it just makes you automatically hop out, it might not be all too fun. Still, useful.

Recharge will come in handy, I’m sure.

To the poster above, Shielding makes the shield come back faster after the initial six second waiting period. Recharge will likely cut that down by a couple seconds (or even half).

> It was confirmed in Major Nelsons Podcast at 9:30
>
> Survivor ejects you out of a vehicle if its about to explode.
>
> Recharge decreases the time it takes for your shields to recharge.

Why couldn’t they have made it so you can exit a vehicle faster in general?

But if it’s launching like in CE (i.e. Hog fling), then I’m all for it!!!

As for Recharge, it’s a shame they’ve limited it to a armor mod, but if I can get enough Microsoft points, I’ll get the pack for that alone.

An armor mod that decreases the delay between shield recharges?

That would be amazing…

> The Survivor Mod is going to get a lot of negative feedback because players will feel like they deserved a kill for some vehicle like a Mantis or Scorpion, but they will only get a generic kill at most. How are people going to be able to build up Commendations if enemies won’t die in their vehicles?

Lol

Thing is, it’s not very hard to kill vehicle anyways.

> I’m having vivid visions of three Spartans ejecting out of a Warthog before it explodes. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> If it’s something like a literal ejector seat and LAUNCHES you out, it could be fun. If it just makes you automatically hop out, it might not be all too fun. Still, useful.
>
> Recharge will come in handy, I’m sure.
>
> To the poster above, Shielding makes the shield come back faster after the initial six second waiting period. Recharge will likely cut that down by a couple seconds (or even half).

OK, thanks for clarifying. I just sounded the same, I guess. :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, Survival would only be terrible if you went through all the trouble of blowing up a vehicle just to get only a generic kill at best. That would not help commendations. At all.

> An armor mod that decreases the delay between shield recharges?
>
> That would be amazing…

From the description given during the previously linked podcast, it can be used (or stacked) with the Shielding mod.

Shorter recharge delay AND faster recharging shields.

> Anyway, Survival would only be terrible if you went through all the trouble of blowing up a vehicle just to get only a generic kill at best. That would not help commendations. At all.

They way this one was described, sounds like it’s really only helpful if your vehicle is getting shredded by small arms fire. Stuff like Rockets, Splaser, or Incinerator Cannons will be able to take out vehicles before the driver can eject, it seems.

Sounds like everybody’s going to be using Recharge. I know I will! Not sure how I feel about Survivor.

> Not sure how I feel about Survivor.

I’m thinking of it as another counter to plasma starts. Hopefully we can stack with Wheelman.

Survivor doesn’t sound like it would help against one hit kills, such as scorpion or wraith shots.

Still, I’d like to see it in action to see if it is useful

Survivor: This won’t end well, let’s just leave it at that…

Recharge: Yes! Finally!!

Problem for me… I already use my amour mods slots… I sometimes wish we could equip more than one.

> Problem for me… I already use my amour mods slots… I sometimes wish we could equip more than one.

We can equip two. One tactical package, one support upgrade.