Threat sensor concern.

With them reverting the radar back to classic won’t threat sensor be near useless now? I get it acts like a wall hack but if I recall in the flight it also marked people on your radar. With the radar reverted wont it bascially be promethian vision 2.0? Pretty sure people hated it in H4.

Thoughts?

Being able to see targets through walls beyond the range of your tracker, or pick up players that are crouching or not moving will be its main benefits.

I’m a bit confused. Are you talking about that circular ping thingy, not to be confused with the locational ping?

I thought it only displayed stuff you see, like items on the ground etc. for better visibility.

Did it also mark players behind walls? What are the disadvantages of this feature? Does the originator also get marked? If not, what’s keeping you from spamming this like an idiot?

Thanks in advance <3

But people didn’t dislike the Promethean vision for being useless, they disliked it for being OP. If I understood correctly.

Even at closer ranges where you already see a red dot on the motion tracker Promethean vision and Threat sensor still helps a lot with reticle-positioning, timing to engage, seeing which direction the enemy was facing, seeing outlines of what weapon they are carrying, see if they are activating their pickups etc, so I dare say it will be useful anyway, but less powerful than Promethean vision, can only be used once, and can be detected by all players.

Plus like the post above said, you will see targets beyond the motion tracker’s range also.

> 2533274885698180;1:
> With them reverting the radar back to classic won’t threat sensor be near useless now? I get it acts like a wall hack but if I recall in the flight it also marked people on your radar. With the radar reverted wont it bascially be promethian vision 2.0? Pretty sure people hated it in H4.
>
> Thoughts?

No because it’s used for exact positioning on different levels and distances.

Posts previous to mine make good points as to why it won’t become useless. Additionally, it can still be in the sandbox for radar-less modes or if they make the combat sensor default for competitive modes. Beauty of equipment is that it can be swapped out.

> 2533274885698180;1:
> With them reverting the radar back to classic won’t threat sensor be near useless now? I get it acts like a wall hack but if I recall in the flight it also marked people on your radar. With the radar reverted wont it bascially be promethian vision 2.0? Pretty sure people hated it in H4.
>
> Thoughts?

Yeah you pretty much don’t need the threat sensor outside of comp which is lame.

> 2533274805075298;7:
> > 2533274885698180;1:
> > With them reverting the radar back to classic won’t threat sensor be near useless now? I get it acts like a wall hack but if I recall in the flight it also marked people on your radar. With the radar reverted wont it bascially be promethian vision 2.0? Pretty sure people hated it in H4.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Yeah you pretty much don’t need the threat sensor outside of comp which is lame.

right, cause radar shows height, shows targets outside of radar range, shows crouched players etc…

people hated promethean vision because it was a loadout armor ability, not a map pickup with limited uses.

> 2533274885698180;1:
> With them reverting the radar back to classic won’t threat sensor be near useless now? I get it acts like a wall hack but if I recall in the flight it also marked people on your radar. With the radar reverted wont it bascially be promethian vision 2.0? Pretty sure people hated it in H4.
>
> Thoughts?

The combat sensor aka radar is very different to the threat sensor (equipment item)

The combat sensor is just going to function like the radar did back in the older games.

The threat sensor equipment is not related to the radar at all. The piece of equipment is much less effective than promethean vision too as only one person can have it, it has limited use and won’t be on every map.
From my time in the flight the threat sensor piece of equipment was actually minimally invasive to the gameplay experience.

> 2533274810177460;2:
> Being able to see targets through walls beyond the range of your tracker, or pick up players that are crouching or not moving will be its main benefits.

Yes agree. Additional to that, if the “normal” radar in the next flight doesn’t show the heigh difference, maybe the threat censor can show it, this would add an additional benefit for this equipment.

Being able to see enemies through walls is a big NO in competitive play and Halos playstyle. You can have it in social but even then it subtracts a little bit of the fun aspect, you cant add everything you come up with in social under the pretense that its social therefore people wont care, i believe it makes the game overall less fun, better have players in social appear in radar at all times except crouching rather than adding see through wall mechanics.
But why am i even writing this? Its already in the game, and people will spam it like theres no tomorrow…

> 2533274843630494;12:
> Being able to see enemies through walls is a big NO in competitive play and Halos playstyle. You can have it in social but even then it subtracts a little bit of the fun aspect, you cant add everything you come up with in social under the pretense that its social therefore people wont care, i believe it makes the game overall less fun, better have players in social appear in radar at all times except crouching rather than adding see through wall mechanics.
> But why am i even writing this? Its already in the game, and people will spam it like theres no tomorrow…

I disagree. You have to contest this equipment item to even get it. Not sure how people will spam it since it doesn’t have Infinite shots and has a spawn timer.

We are all used to having radar in fps games so I feel that’s how it should be,the whole you only get a ping if they shoot was weird for halo.

> 2533274792737987;13:
> > 2533274843630494;12:
> > Being able to see enemies through walls is a big NO in competitive play and Halos playstyle. You can have it in social but even then it subtracts a little bit of the fun aspect, you cant add everything you come up with in social under the pretense that its social therefore people wont care, i believe it makes the game overall less fun, better have players in social appear in radar at all times except crouching rather than adding see through wall mechanics.
> > But why am i even writing this? Its already in the game, and people will spam it like theres no tomorrow…
>
> I disagree. You have to contest this equipment item to even get it. Not sure how people will spam it since it doesn’t have Infinite shots and has a spawn timer.

so your argument is that you have to contest the item? what if we added an item that makes you invincible for the rest of the game but make it so that you have to contest it?

> 2533274843630494;15:
> > 2533274792737987;13:
> > > 2533274843630494;12:
> > > Being able to see enemies through walls is a big NO in competitive play and Halos playstyle. You can have it in social but even then it subtracts a little bit of the fun aspect, you cant add everything you come up with in social under the pretense that its social therefore people wont care, i believe it makes the game overall less fun, better have players in social appear in radar at all times except crouching rather than adding see through wall mechanics.
> > > But why am i even writing this? Its already in the game, and people will spam it like theres no tomorrow…
> >
> > I disagree. You have to contest this equipment item to even get it. Not sure how people will spam it since it doesn’t have Infinite shots and has a spawn timer.
>
> so your argument is that you have to contest the item? what if we added an item that makes you invincible for the rest of the game but make it so that you have to contest it?

So we are comparing a AOE radar dart to invincibility? Huh? Let’s have a logical conversation here instead of going to a dramatic extreme that adds nothing to the argument. Should we take away the overshield and invisibility too? I would argue that both are far more powerful than the dart. The dart isn’t a map UAV and can be destroyed.

Thank you all for the replies. Imho i liked the new radar they had and was kinda wary about reverting back with the threat sensor in it.

> 2533274792737987;16:
> > 2533274843630494;15:
> > > 2533274792737987;13:
> > > > 2533274843630494;12:
> > > > Being able to see enemies through walls is a big NO in competitive play and Halos playstyle. You can have it in social but even then it subtracts a little bit of the fun aspect, you cant add everything you come up with in social under the pretense that its social therefore people wont care, i believe it makes the game overall less fun, better have players in social appear in radar at all times except crouching rather than adding see through wall mechanics.
> > > > But why am i even writing this? Its already in the game, and people will spam it like theres no tomorrow…
> >
> > so your argument is that you have to contest the item? what if we added an item that makes you invincible for the rest of the game but make it so that you have to contest it?
>
> So we are comparing a AOE radar dart to invincibility? Huh? Let’s have a logical conversation here instead of going to a dramatic extreme that adds nothing to the argument. Should we take away the overshield and invisibility too? I would argue that both are far more powerful than the dart. The dart isn’t a map UAV and can be destroyed.

i exaggerated the example to show that your logic is flawed here, the only reason you are fine with see through walls equipment is because you have to contest it?

> 2533274810177460;2:
> Being able to see targets through walls beyond the range of your tracker, or pick up players that are crouching or not moving will be its main benefits.

this mostly and sticking it on a sacrificial lamb so others in the team are able to counter enemies in that area next time they go through.

> 2533274843630494;18:
> > 2533274792737987;16:
> > > 2533274843630494;15:
> > > > 2533274792737987;13:
> > > > > 2533274843630494;12:
> > > > > Being able to see enemies through walls is a big NO in competitive play and Halos playstyle. You can have it in social but even then it subtracts a little bit of the fun aspect, you cant add everything you come up with in social under the pretense that its social therefore people wont care, i believe it makes the game overall less fun, better have players in social appear in radar at all times except crouching rather than adding see through wall mechanics.
> > > > > But why am i even writing this? Its already in the game, and people will spam it like theres no tomorrow…
> > >
> > > so your argument is that you have to contest the item? what if we added an item that makes you invincible for the rest of the game but make it so that you have to contest it?
> >
> > So we are comparing a AOE radar dart to invincibility? Huh? Let’s have a logical conversation here instead of going to a dramatic extreme that adds nothing to the argument. Should we take away the overshield and invisibility too? I would argue that both are far more powerful than the dart. The dart isn’t a map UAV and can be destroyed.
>
> i exaggerated the example to show that your logic is flawed here, the only reason you are fine with see through walls equipment is because you have to contest it?

That’s fine if you think the logic is flawed. The darts you pick up are only a few, they can be destroyed, they are a on-map pick up, and the item has to respawn. That is plenty balanced. During the preview they were fine.