Thoughts so far?

Hey guys,

Well, since we have more information now, all though still not much, i would like your gusy opnions on Halo 4.

I know its really too early to say anything really, but i still would like to share my, and see your, opinions.

My thoughts are, while the spartans look much like the NOVA 2 soldiers, the game looks great. Im definitely looking forward to playing the multiplayer, as 343i seem to be going in a relatively balanced direction (Please none of these comments about armor enhacnements and what not ok? If yu want to see my thoughts on those go here: http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst70061_Close-analyzation.aspx )

Im definitely looking forward to seeing how they handle the multiplayer and cheifs story. The canonical part of multiplayer doesnt really make sense to me though, i didnt really need a reason to kill me some reds/blues. But even then, i look forward to what they come up with.

The continuatuion of cheifs story is going to be the hard part. I know they are including the Forruners, and likely the main enemy will be the Master Builder (For those who dont know, he/they are the makers of the Halo installations.)

Im hoping to see the campaign chalk full of easter eggs like halo 2 was, and hope that exploration of maps is actually encouraged like it was in halo 2. This made the campaign that much more enjoyable, as you it gave you somthing else besides multiplayer to do.

Anyone else think the return of the Sangheili (elites) would be something nice to see in multiplayer? I dont mean in just a few playlists, i mean in all of them. im sure this could be achieved like it was in halo 3, but with a better hitbox and none of the issues being brought back.

If not the Sangheili, how about a new species such as the forruners?

Anyway, these are just some thoughts. WHat do you guys think? Any ideas about any of the things given above?

No flaming, No starting of flame wars, Try to stay away from too much negativatiy please.

Silent

Luks gud

> Luks gud

Thats all? No comment on anything? Nothing to say? It just looks good?..

> > Luks gud
>
> Thats all? No comment on anything? Nothing to say? It just looks good?..

Yea, luks gud. Luks real gud

> > Luks gud
>
> Thats all? No comment on anything? Nothing to say? It just looks good?..

Not everyone has a 3-page report on how they feel about news :slight_smile:

Me? I am still stunned by the ViDoc today! Can’t wait for more details that is for sure.

> > > Luks gud
> >
> > Thats all? No comment on anything? Nothing to say? It just looks good?..
>
> Not everyone has a 3-page report on how they feel about news :slight_smile:
>
> Me? I am still stunned by the ViDoc today! Can’t wait for more details that is for sure.

what??

> > > Luks gud
> >
> > Thats all? No comment on anything? Nothing to say? It just looks good?..
>
> Not everyone has a 3-page report on how they feel about news :slight_smile:
>
> Me? I am still stunned by the ViDoc today! Can’t wait for more details that is for sure.

(Insert fake sadface) but theres so much to reply too! lol jk

I actually havent seen todays vidoc… can i get a link?

I’m just hoping for large-scale battles. It seems like they’re trying to make everything in the campaign bigger and grander. I hope the battles represent that.

> I’m just hoping for large-scale battles. It seems like they’re trying to make everything in the campaign bigger and grander. I hope the battles represent that.

Yeah, those would be really nice to see. You got a brush on some in CE, but only on a couple of missions (Asault on the control room). Halo 2 had some as well, but nothing spectacular.

Im hoping to see something like they showed in the ODST live action trailer, that would be a sick battle.

From what I have seen, and analyzed it looks to me as if they are taking a step in the same direction Bungie did with Halo: Reach yet adding features you would have seen in COD. In which case this will be the end of halo ladies and gentlemen.

I we can hope for is that they do not make the same mistakes.

> > I’m just hoping for large-scale battles. It seems like they’re trying to make everything in the campaign bigger and grander. I hope the battles represent that.
>
> Yeah, those would be really nice to see. You got a brush on some in CE, but only on a couple of missions (Asault on the control room). Halo 2 had some as well, but nothing spectacular.
>
> Im hoping to see something like they showed in the ODST live action trailer, that would be a sick battle.

I don’t know how everyone else feels about boss battles, like in Halo 2. I really want them back. Even just one or two. And not like the “fight” against Guilty Spark, that was ridiculous. I want to have a real antagonist that I get to face off with at the end, someone who will get me really pumped when I get to fight them.

> From what I have seen, and analyzed it looks to me as if they are taking a step in the same direction Bungie did with Halo: Reach yet adding features you would have seen in COD. In which case this will be the end of halo ladies and gentlemen.
>
> I we can hope for is that they do not make the same mistakes.

See the thread i linked above? You may want to take a look at it. It should reaasure you that hali isnt turning into COD… or at least help some what.

> > > I’m just hoping for large-scale battles. It seems like they’re trying to make everything in the campaign bigger and grander. I hope the battles represent that.
> >
> > Yeah, those would be really nice to see. You got a brush on some in CE, but only on a couple of missions (Asault on the control room). Halo 2 had some as well, but nothing spectacular.
> >
> > Im hoping to see something like they showed in the ODST live action trailer, that would be a sick battle.
>
> I don’t know how everyone else feels about boss battles, like in Halo 2. I really want them back. Even just one or two. And not like the “fight” against Guilty Spark, that was ridiculous. I want to have a real antagonist that I get to face off with at the end, someone who will get me really pumped when I get to fight them.

Boss battle in halo 2? Oh, right, tartarus… Yeah i rather liked that actually… I liked those battles where you had someone specific to kill, even quilty spark. That makes Heretic leader, Regret, Tartarus, Truth and guilty spark.

I kinda enjoyed them, and so long as there is no “Boss Health” meter at the top im fine XD

> > > > I’m just hoping for large-scale battles. It seems like they’re trying to make everything in the campaign bigger and grander. I hope the battles represent that.
> > >
> > > Yeah, those would be really nice to see. You got a brush on some in CE, but only on a couple of missions (Asault on the control room). Halo 2 had some as well, but nothing spectacular.
> > >
> > > Im hoping to see something like they showed in the ODST live action trailer, that would be a sick battle.
> >
> > I don’t know how everyone else feels about boss battles, like in Halo 2. I really want them back. Even just one or two. And not like the “fight” against Guilty Spark, that was ridiculous. I want to have a real antagonist that I get to face off with at the end, someone who will get me really pumped when I get to fight them.
>
> Boss battle in halo 2? Oh, right, tartarus… Yeah i rather liked that actually… I liked those battles where you had someone specific to kill, even quilty spark. That makes Heretic leader, Regret, Tartarus, Truth and guilty spark.
>
> I kinda enjoyed them, and so long as there is no “Boss Health” meter at the top im fine XD

Oh, God, a health meter XD . That would just be . . . yeah. . . .

Read my topic for my thoughts on Halo 4’s campaign etc. But the graphics look hawt

> From what I have seen, and analyzed it looks to me as if they are taking a step in the same direction Bungie did with Halo: Reach yet adding features you would have seen in COD. In which case this will be the end of halo ladies and gentlemen.
>
> I we can hope for is that they do not make the same mistakes.

Excuse me, but how is it turning into CoD? I see comments like this, but the closest we get is loadouts and sprint. Sprint has been in a lot of games besides CoD, and loadouts will be nothing like any other game to have them. Hell, Halo has less than half the arsena, there would be nothing to actually unlock. If it was CoD we’d see things like:

-Iron sights
-Unlocked weapons
-Killstreaks
-No shielding
-Rapid health regen
-No vehicles
-Instant melee kill
-Perks

> Read my topic for my thoughts on Halo 4’s campaign etc. But the graphics look hawt

Hmm, havent see yours… Il have to look for it… And yeah, they look really nice.

> > Read my topic for my thoughts on Halo 4’s campaign etc. But the graphics look hawt
>
> Hmm, havent see yours… Il have to look for it… And yeah, they look really nice.

It’s on the front page of this forum

Really like the art direction the game is taking (almost Japanese in some ways), and I’m so pleased to see some bright visuals returning. More excited about the SP then the MP at the moment, mostly just because Primordium was such an awesome book, and has me hyped as to where Chief is going to be taken on this next adventure. Also can’t wait to hear the new audio. Overall, despite all the concerns others have on this forum, my high hopes have not been dampened by recent reveals whatsoever.

> Really like the art direction the game is taking (almost Japanese in some ways), and I’m so pleased to see some bright visuals returning. More excited about the SP then the MP at the moment, mostly just because Primordium was such an awesome book, and has me hyped as to where Chief is going to be taken on this next adventure. Also can’t wait to hear the new audio. Overall, despite all the concerns others have on this forum, my high hopes have not been dampened by recent reveals whatsoever.

Same here. There are logical reasons for the additions anyway, plus hatever they put in th game, it will still be halo. I must agree, i am definitely looking forward to the Campaign.