Thoughts on what the first Mission could be?

After seeing the discover hope trailer and learning how it’s the first cutscene for Halo Infinite, I’ve been wondering what would happen after that moment when chief jumped off the pelican. Whether that be a continuation of the cutscene or a transition into gameplay, what do you guys think would happen at that moment?

My idea was that you playing as chief would be floating in space, and what I think is a gravity beam pulling on the pelican must be coming from a banished ship, so chief basically has to grapple himself towards the ship using the space debris and fight the banished in there or something. I don’t know, that’s what my idea was but would love to hear your ideas!

Like you said, he’ll probably get sent into a Banished ship and have to fight his way out. Probably have you go through some hallways and rooms, maybe even rescue kidnapped Marines. Then once they ship’s defenses are broken or disabled, you’d take the pelican down to the surface and maybe meet up with other UNSC forces, or be completely on your own on the ring.

Hmm… I think the first mission will be titled to reflect the spiritual reboot. So maybe Memories or Origins?

> 2533274882898126;2:
> Like you said, he’ll probably get sent into a Banished ship and have to fight his way out. Probably have you go through some hallways and rooms, maybe even rescue kidnapped Marines. Then once they ship’s defenses are broken or disabled, you’d take the pelican down to the surface and maybe meet up with other UNSC forces, or be completely on your own on the ring.

I don’t think so, I think they said the mission in the July Campaign Showcase is the first time you step foot on the ring.

> 2535416567738043;4:
> > 2533274882898126;2:
> > Like you said, he’ll probably get sent into a Banished ship and have to fight his way out. Probably have you go through some hallways and rooms, maybe even rescue kidnapped Marines. Then once they ship’s defenses are broken or disabled, you’d take the pelican down to the surface and maybe meet up with other UNSC forces, or be completely on your own on the ring.
>
> I don’t think so, I think they said the mission in the July Campaign Showcase is the first time you step foot on the ring.

Good point, but they also said that it took place about a quarter of the way through the story. Maybe lots of ship levels?

> 2533274882898126;2:
> Like you said, he’ll probably get sent into a Banished ship and have to fight his way out. Probably have you go through some hallways and rooms, maybe even rescue kidnapped Marines. Then once they ship’s defenses are broken or disabled, you’d take the pelican down to the surface and maybe meet up with other UNSC forces, or be completely on your own on the ring.

You left out the part where Chief sets the ship on a course to crash into a banished base or stronghold. And while flying to the surface in the pelican, he watches it as it goes by and sends a message to everyone down there - “thought I’d give you back your ship.”

I feel like we’ll be fighting Cortana’s Created forces for the first few missions or so, it seems like the July Campaign Showcase mission is the first time we’ll really directly engage with the Banished. And yea, I feel like we’ll get a few Halo 4 and Halo 2 esque missions on ships

We will most likely see Master Chief land on the Zeta Halo Ring in the first level of Halo Infinite. At the same time, we will see him fighting the Banished. We might also see Master Chief trying to find any UNSC Marines and ODST Troopers on the Zeta Halo Ring.

My bet? We attack some sort of brute scouting vessel. It mirrors Halo 1 and 2 starting with ship corridor combat, and it would be a quick and deep dive into the faction we’re fighting.

We will maybe capture a banished scouting vessel so we can get on the ring.

> 2614366390849210;9:
> My bet? We attack some sort of brute scouting vessel. It mirrors Halo 1 and 2 starting with ship corridor combat, and it would be a quick and deep dive into the faction we’re fighting.

I’m placing my bet on this as well.

> 2533274953653543;11:
> > 2614366390849210;9:
> > My bet? We attack some sort of brute scouting vessel. It mirrors Halo 1 and 2 starting with ship corridor combat, and it would be a quick and deep dive into the faction we’re fighting.
>
> I’m placing my bet on this as well.

Ditto here. I’m guessing with the CE vibes they’re going for it will start in ship corridors before going to open spaces on the ring.

Banished Ship to stop the magnetic pull it has on the pelican. But I don’t truly believe chief jumps out of the pelican like he does in the E3 2019 version. It’s either banished ship level or the magnetic pull crashes the pelican onto zeta halo and you’re on there from the get go.

> 2533274953653543;1:
> After seeing the discover hope trailer and learning how it’s the first cutscene for Halo Infinite, I’ve been wondering what would happen after that moment when chief jumped off the pelican. Whether that be a continuation of the cutscene or a transition into gameplay, what do you guys think would happen at that moment?
>
> My idea was that you playing as chief would be floating in space, and what I think is a gravity beam pulling on the pelican must be coming from a banished ship, so chief basically has to grapple himself towards the ship using the space debris and fight the banished in there or something. I don’t know, that’s what my idea was but would love to hear your ideas!

sounds interesting.