Thoughts on Warzone variant without AI?

So a couple weeks ago I made a post calling for the removal of Legendary bosses in Warzone. I mentioned that the system for rewarding points to the team killing the boss (or, more accurately, the team lucky enough to get the last shot in) is frustratingly bad. I also mentioned that if a team manages to take out two (or more) Legendaries, the game is essentially over after that point and it’s next to impossible to mount a comeback. I am not a fan of the way some Warzone games end much too quickly because one team is taking out all of the bosses and running up the score. Most people agreed with me that Legendaries need to be either changed or removed, but some did not share my sentiments.

So I got to thinking. Why not make a new variant of Warzone? One without any bosses, that instead focuses solely on base control and Spartan killing. For all intents and purposes, it would be a giant, hectic game of Strongholds. Regular Warzone will still be an option for those who enjoy it, and people who don’t like the current system will have their fun too. I don’t know about you, but that sounds pretty fun to me.

But Uncle Sam, isn’t that the same as Warzone Assault? No. For one, Assault maps need to be made separately from regular Warzone maps (albeit from the same templates). The spawns need to be changed, and a separate scoring system is needed. My proposal would use the same maps, spawns, and scoring system as regular Warzone. The only difference is a removal of AI bosses. From a developer’s standpoint, this would take very little work to accomplish.

Just play Big Team Strongholds! While this sounds similar to Strongholds at first, I assure you it is not. Yes, the game would revolve around controlling bases. In Strongholds, you don’t get points for killing Spartans, while you do in Warzone. Second, and most obviously, there are no reqs in Strongholds. I want to be able to have a strictly PvP playlist in which I can bring in whatever weapon I want to wreak havoc on my foes. (I am already bracing myself for someone to tell me to go play Halo 4. lol)

Under this system, the games would take longer. Higher req levels would be achieved (which might also require a slight adjustment of how quickly higher req levels are reached, due to games being longer). That DMR with Stabilization Jets that you hardly ever get to use because it needs req level 8? The Mantis that is gathering dust because the game is over by the time you get a req level high enough to use it? The Recon Assault Rifle with Energy Bayonet that came with you preorder but rarely sees the battlefield? Without boss kills to throw the game out of balance, the matches will last much longer and you can finally reach these higher req levels and break out those Ultra Rare cards.Without bosses, a comeback is always a possibility. No matter what the score is, you can cap bases and get back in the game without having to worry about the other team snagging yet another Legendary boss. You’ll never hesitate to break out a higher req level vehicle because the game is already over, because under this system an ONI Scorpion or a Banshee Ultra could change the tide of the battle.

Personally I would find a variant like this much more enjoyable than the current system, in which it is all too easy for a match to become a complete blowout. I think this system would be a lot more fun and casual, and more balanced as well. What do you guys think?

EDIT: As several users mentioned, the score would likely have to be lowered to 500-700 so the game doesn’t take forever

I want a warzone where there is no core. you play til you get 1000

How many of these you gonna make, son?

I want a warzone where there are no Spartans, just AI.

My take on “No AI bosses” would be to have human controlled bosses. I would pay extra to get to play as the bosses in warzone. They could make it so that both spartan teams appear the same color so you can’t easily take sides (because some people would just to be annoying, wouldn’t they?)

Not unless you cut the score needed down to 200-300 points. The game time would be to long.
I think it would be fun to have the open space, bases, and REQs without the distraction of the AI, but the score count is insane, your looking at 60 kills per team member to win the game, factoring base control points, that’s triple what most players I see get.

Also, getting high level REQ’s isn’t that hard in you play the game right, I normally have level 8 before the winning team has 600 points, barely half the game, my personal record is level 9 when my team was winning and we only had 400 points.

> 2745721379973487;5:
> My take on “No AI bosses” would be to have human controlled bosses. I would pay extra to get to play as the bosses in warzone. They could make it so that both spartan teams appear the same color so you can’t easily take sides (because some people would just to be annoying, wouldn’t they?)

LMAO if I became the Warden Eternal oh boy :slight_smile:

how about this. no core so you have to play to 1000 and the bosses spawn randomly. so warden could spawn in the very beginning or he could spawn in the middle or he could just go usual and spawn at end. no knowing what will spawn.

> 2533274883669557;3:
> How many of these you gonna make, son?

lol sorry, my polls kept getting moved to the polls section of the forums so I made another one in the H5G section.

> 2533274800212919;8:
> how about this. no core so you have to play to 1000 and the bosses spawn randomly. so warden could spawn in the very beginning or he could spawn in the middle or he could just go usual and spawn at end. no knowing what will spawn.

I like this idea, randomize the spawning, knowing when, and where the bosses spawn makes them less threatening, if you know warden will spawn in a minute you don’t waste your REQ points on a sniper you wait till its time and grab a tank instead making his death quick, and when everyone does it, its not a boss fight. I have seen legendary bosses downed in under 5 seconds. Or for some of the elite bosses, they don’t even get to fire because you spawn assassinated them.

Random location, random times, sometimes without warning they just show up!

I’d like to play warzone slayer.

Add a time limit, no AI, no capturing bases, just two teams & both cores are exposed.

Either destroy the enemy core, get 250 (or something) kills or have the most points when the time runs out.

IMO, having both cores be exposed at all times would lead to some seriously intense battles.

> 2533274929611012;6:
> Not unless you cut the score needed down to 200-300 points. The game time would be to long.
> I think it would be fun to have the open space, bases, and REQs without the distraction of the AI, but the score count is insane, your looking at 60 kills per team member to win the game, factoring base control points, that’s triple what most players I see get.
>
> Also, getting high level REQ’s isn’t that hard in you play the game right, I normally have level 8 before the winning team has 600 points, barely half the game, my personal record is level 9 when my team was winning and we only had 400 points.

You’re absolutely right. Score would have to be moved to 600 or so. And I know it isn’t terribly hard to get high level reqs, but I feel like by the time I reach level 8 or 9 it’s too late to break out a Ultra Rare/Legendary vehicle or weapon.

I think it would be fun. They might have to lower the score a bit so it didn’t take all day. Need to leave the base capture and core destroy factor in though, otherwise once one team got out to a good lead there would be no way for the other team to recover and win.

> 2533274800212919;8:
> how about this. no core so you have to play to 1000 and the bosses spawn randomly. so warden could spawn in the very beginning or he could spawn in the middle or he could just go usual and spawn at end. no knowing what will spawn.

I think random AI spawn needs to happen. Some of the lower level bosses get spawn killed haha.

Two things:
Change there points down from 150 to say 100.
Implement some system where kill stealing isn’t an option (343 there a million solution on this forum the works done!).

> 2535468812026872;13:
> I think it would be fun. They might have to lower the score a bit so it didn’t take all day. Need to leave the base capture and core destroy factor in though, otherwise once one team got out to a good lead there would be no way for the other team to recover and win.
>
>
> > 2533274800212919;8:
> > how about this. no core so you have to play to 1000 and the bosses spawn randomly. so warden could spawn in the very beginning or he could spawn in the middle or he could just go usual and spawn at end. no knowing what will spawn.
>
>
> I think random AI spawn needs to happen. Some of the lower level bosses get spawn killed haha.

lol i spawn kill the elites on dispatch

Use the same scoring system as Destiny’s Control game mode. The score from kills is increased by the bases owned.

I would love the idea of playing on a full warzone map, no core, just bases, and a 1000 point win. That could be a mode called “Warzone social” and you would be able to drop out at anytime considering the match might last a while. Could be fun and unique

> 2533274842918190;16:
> Use the same scoring system as Destiny’s Control game mode. The score from kills is increased by the bases owned.

I like this idea. And since the games would take longer, maybe reduce req cost for stuff by 1 or 2 levels when your team controls all three bases.