Thoughts on the New 'Brute Spiker'?

I was surprised to see no forums about it yet, but perhaps its because the closest look we get of it is mostly in the ‘Awakening The Nightmare’ cutscenes when the Brutes first enter the Flood infested High Charity.
On that note, I’d really appreciate it if 343 would have a full 3D render or, finished concept art or, something of that nature so we can all get a real good look at the newly designed weapon and admire the work that has gone into it! :smiley:

By now, you can probably tell I’m actually really liking the new design of this classic Brute weapon. As neat as the original is it kinda lacked the cool and retro sci-fi look. I mean, if you were to improve the look of the Spiker in any way what would you do? Add more spikes of course!! Obviously there is much more to it then that but overall, nice work 343! I look forward to holding this bad boy in the future! (Near future right? Like Halo 6 plz?)

Your thoughts?

> 2533274810100046;1:
> I was surprised to see no forums about it yet, but perhaps its because the closest look we get of it is mostly in the ‘Awakening The Nightmare’ cutscenes when the Brutes first enter the Flood infested High Charity.
> On that note, I’d really appreciate it if 343 would have a full 3D render or, finished concept art or, something of that nature so we can all get a real good look at the newly designed weapon and admire the work that has gone into it! :smiley:
>
> By now, you can probably tell I’m actually really liking the new design of this classic Brute weapon. As neat as the original is it kinda lacked the cool and retro sci-fi look. I mean, if you were to improve the look of the Spiker in any way what would you do? Add more spikes of course!! Obviously there is much more to it then that but overall, nice work 343! I look forward to holding this bad boy in the future! (Near future right? Like Halo 6 plz?)
>
> Your thoughts?

I like the design a lot, it was nice seeing the old weapon in a HD blur cutscene.

> 2533274810100046;1:
> As neat as the original is it kinda lacked the cool and retro sci-fi look.
>
> Your thoughts?

I don’t think a “Sic-fi” look for the brute’s main weapon would really work with what they are. This is going to be hard to explain but I think that the sci-fi look would_N’T_(Forgot to add the N’T at the end of “would” so if you’re seeing this again, uhh, sorry if it sounded like my point was conflicting. If this is you first time reading this then carry on with your day) match the brute nature. If you look the brutes weapons, and even their vehicles, look hastily and messily made. Scrapping together whatever they had to make them look big and powerful and fearless. But a futuristic sci-fi look wouldn’t match this. But I do agree with the more spikes thing, ADD ALL THE SPIKES.

> 2535431243595189;2:
> > 2533274810100046;1:
> > As neat as the original is it kinda lacked the cool and retro sci-fi look. I mean, if you were to improve the look of the Spiker in any way what would you do? Add more spikes of course!!
> >
> > Your thoughts?
>
> I don’t think a “Sic-fi” look for the brute’s main weapon would really work with what they are. This is going to be hard to explain but I think that the sci-fi look would match the brute nature. If you look the brutes weapons, and even their vehicles, look hastily and messily made. Scrapping together whatever they had to make them look big and powerful and fearless. But a futuristic sci-fi look wouldn’t match this. But I do agree with the more spikes thing, ADD ALL THE SPIKES.

Good point. I actually agree. That said, I don’t think they went too far with the futuristic looking components of the weapon. Visibly, It was mostly just a bunch of spikes added to the weapon and seemed to stay very true to past Brute weapon designs but slightly embellished haha.