Thoughts on the Ivory Tower Remake? (video)

Hey Spartans,

Thanks to 343’s message of the day, I was informed of AnonFriction’s remake of Ivory Tower, along with 3 other forge maps. I’m late to the party, but I’ve uploaded a video comparing the remake to the original classic from Halo 2.

I’m really pleased with the map, and can’t wait to see it added to matchmaking!

What are your thoughts, Spartans? I’m not big on downloading forge maps, but I’m a believer in the forge system for Halo 5, and will give it a shot.

EDIT Link Fixed ** Ivory Tower Remake Comparison Video

Broken link for me… sends me to YouTube and says that I need to create a channel to upload videos.

Sent me to the connection page of a Google account…

It looks amazing for a forge map. I do admit it almost looks like the same exact map without textures though. Really impressive.

Link to vid that I watched in lieu of the broken link

> 2533274866989456;2:
> Broken link for me… sends me to YouTube and says that I need to create a channel to upload videos.

> 2533274872647908;3:
> Sent me to the connection page of a Google account…

> 2533274823442902;4:
> It looks amazing for a forge map. I do admit it almost looks like the same exact map without textures though. Really impressive.
>
> Link to vid that I watched in lieu of the broken link
> Halo 5 Forge Showcase #1: Ivory Tower Remake - YouTube

Sorry about the broken link, Spartans. Milkcheeze, thanks for taking the time to find the video and post the link. Here’s the correct link again.
And I agree, Milkcheeze. The customization in forge continues to improve. I love the fog effects on the lights. I also like the overshield ramp area!

Halo 5 Ivory Tower Video

This map looks amazing.

Looks neat but the scale of everything is way off, feels like you’re a baby spartan running around in an adult sized map.

Maps look amazing. The forger seems to have well integrated the new game mechanics

It will probably be fun to play on. It’s a little too much white color for me, but maybe he was taking the ivory part literally.

> 2728966917079826;7:
> Looks neat but the scale of everything is way off, feels like you’re a baby spartan running around in an adult sized map.

I felt this way at first, but with sprint I think it will play fine. We will see though. I hope it makes it to matchmaking. It wouldn’t hurt to see another version scaled down a bit though to test. I’m sure that would be A LOT of work though.

> 2727626560040591;9:
> It will probably be fun to play on. It’s a little too much white color for me, but maybe he was taking the ivory part literally.

Hah, your post gave me a good laugh!

I hope they start putting these into matchmaking. Maybe my Chiron TL 34 could be put into some action sack playlist, seeing as it won’t work competitively. I’m also looking at this guys elevator scripts to hopefully improve my ladder, which sometimes doesn’t work.

It’s nicely laid out and would be perfect with a few tweaks:

1. Elevator seems a little slower than it should
  2. Add weapon pads for rocket launcher and sniper (to keep in line with Halo 5 default setups)
  3. Intro needs tweaked to be smoother
  4. Some of the jumps need to be tweaked because you should be able to clear the distance with spartan abilities (Example: From shotgun spawn to central walkway)