Thoughts on new trailer?

If you haven’t seen it, you can find it here.

I honestly expected gameplay, but noneetheless the game looks super gorgeous. Not sure what was up with that Halo Reach AR though.

Well looks great, love the new / old school look of chief. Going back to halo , ofc we knew that but still again great.
Next year, sux but hey new engine amazing graphics makes up for it. I wonder though will it be exclusive on MS new xbox console or will it come to xbox and pc at the same time? i really dont want to buy another console just for halo lol, i will ofc lol, but i dont want to i have a nice pc thanks.

Biggest question is, WTF is chief doing in the middle of space next to a Halo, that he didnt even know was there until that random guy told him to look outside.
Im guessing they have skipped ahead some from halo 5, ofc they want to stay away from the mess that was halo 5, this is one way of doing it ofc. Im guessing Halsey gave Chief a new set of armor because his wwas messsed up after halo 5, and ofc because they were stuck on that planet they only had an old one for him. Chief goes off looking for M Bias to help him figure out how to save Cortana. Thats my guess right now.

Looks good, still a long way but at least we know now its coming next year.

While i appreciate the trailer, we still don’t know much more then we did last year. I guess my expectations were a bit high for Halo this year, but damn 2 E3s of teasing is starting to get to me.

I’m excited to see what it all means in the end. What ring was that? How does Cortana link into it all? Is the guy from the trailer a character or a generalisation of marines? Look at all the things on Chief OS boot up screen!

Loads of hints to what we can expect next year and that’s what I am excited for!

Honestly? Meh

I wasn’t expecting gameplay.
but if I had to sum up how I feel about the trailer in one word it would be well…confused.
How did the chief get there? What’s going on after H5? It just left me with more questions. Who’s the random (marine maybe?). Will he be important in the story? I mean they took the time to show him off the first half of the trailer was him. I’m confused

> 2717573882290912;3:
> While i appreciate the trailer, we still don’t know much more then we did last year. I guess my expectations were a bit high for Halo this year, but damn 2 E3s of teasing is starting to get to me.

Yeah, after being burnt by Halo 5’s campaign I do not appreciate how teasy they’re being with the story. They don’t understand that we’re not excited about the new status quo, and have to make us excited about it. Showing something that tells next to nothing about the next game, aside from it being a CE circle jerk which we already knew, is disappointing.

The trailer was well done, though. Props to the graphics, editing and such.

the ring was probably halo zeta from the first trailer teaser, no reason why it would be another after that.
Cortana is nuts still , if thats even her cough! M Bias.

But yeh i really wasnt expecting gameplay, it was obvious they would hold off a new halo for there new console.
Again i just hope Halo Infinite comes out on the new xbox and pc at the same time. I got an xbox one just for halo and ended up never using it for anything else, dont want to have to do that again lol.

> 2535462450434439;6:
> I wasn’t expecting gameplay.
> but if I had to sum up how I feel about the trailer in one word it would be well…confused.
> How did the chief get there? What’s going on after H5? It just left me with more questions. Who’s the random (marine maybe?). Will he be important in the story? I mean they took the time to show him off the first half of the trailer was him. I’m confused

Exactly. Confused. And not in an excited “what’s going to happen???” kinda way. In a “where the -Yoink- are they going with this?” kinda way lol

I have a few thoughts on what I took from the trailer.

The first thing that obviously struck a lot of people, is the armor. My god it is beautiful and absolutely love going back to the design.

The second thing that felt good was the music. Original music tossed in at multiple points made it feel like I was watching a trailer from the original games.

Being that I am an “old” Halo player (meaning since the beginning), I have high hopes for what they’re doing and cleaning up from Halo 5. I think you’ll see a lot more of the community come back together if they’re going to stick with an original design and artwork. Nothing can truly be said though until we see true game play.

I was also expecting a bit more. We knew they were doing a throw back to OG Halos, we knew about the Halo 3 armour coming back, we knew they were resetting things.

I’m disappointed we didn’t see more in-world footage. Also that he was floating around again…as the first official shot of chief, it’s very anti-climactic.

I felt like it rehashed how CE started, down to the random sparks in the ship. The design was nostalgic for sure of the pillar of autumn. Which don’t get me wrong I loved but…they didn’t exactly push the envelope here.

It all looked like they were trying to emulate the original experience…but I didn’t feel that spark of halo magic. Because that’s been done. I thought for a moment this was a remake of CE almost.

Also how dare you tease us with Cortana at the end.

I am basically so conflicted.

Don’t understand why everyone is applauding 343 dumbing down the visuals into an indie cartoon style.

I’m going to miss olive drab chief. Not looking forward to neon puke green chief.

> 2533274801472802;12:
> Don’t understand why everyone is applauding 343 dumbing down the visuals into an indie cartoon style.
>
> I’m going to miss olive drab chief. Not looking forward to neon puke green chief.

And Halo 5 was visually appealing? That was more power rangers cartoon than you could ever imagine.

Plus. It’s possible the game will show more grit later on. We’ve hardly seen much of anything still.

I think it looks great, its more more in line with bungies halo. I didnt even mind 343i version as it was a nice change. but yeh going back it looks great. Halo always looked clean, its why it worked so well in mp, no clutter garbage making it hard to see, cough bfv lol

Looks fine so far.

> 2533274801472802;12:
> Don’t understand why everyone is applauding 343 dumbing down the visuals into an indie cartoon style.
>
> I’m going to miss olive drab chief. Not looking forward to neon puke green chief.

I agree. This looks nothing like halo to me