Thoughts on my map?

I have sent in my map solitude for the contest that was announced almost a month ago and I was wondering what the community thinks of it. The map is great for 5v5 1 flag and king of the hill but I was running low on time when I was trying to put it in so it doesn’t support much more.
file share

please check out my file share you can see pictures of it in the screen shots.

Any criticism or comments on anything in my file share would be appreciated.

I’ll be sure to download and check it out soon.

I’ll play it if I get the chance. Btw, I also have a map that I sent in for that same contest. Could you possibly try testing it if you have time?

If you want to message me we can test them both. GT: yo momy ha

> If you want to message me we can test them both. GT: yo momy ha

I’ll be on whenever I can be. I have yet to put my map on File share, but it shall be done either later tonight or tomorrow.

> I’ll play it if I get the chance. Btw, I also have a map that I sent in for that same contest. Could you possibly try testing it if you have time?

Not being rude, but shouldn’t you test your map before submitting it to the contest?
I tested Behemoth a good 20+ times before getting to my final version.

I’ll check it out!

> > I’ll play it if I get the chance. Btw, I also have a map that I sent in for that same contest. Could you possibly try testing it if you have time?
>
> Not being rude, but shouldn’t you test your map before submitting it to the contest?
> I tested Behemoth a good 20+ times before getting to my final version.

yeah It is a good idea but even if its been through tons of play testing. you can probably still use more. cant have too much right

I actually took alot of time to look this map over and I’ve come up with two conclusions.

• the map has a really good core ideal design
  • the map is lacking major forge and design assets and needs

When I first spawned on the map, I was introduced with a disco of framerate from the pieces. There is an overabundance of objects on this map can can easily be minimized. When building, make more of less! That’s the keep to being able to have a good map, performance wise.

Then as I turned around my spawn point, I saw close to what looked to be 30 initial spawn point. Naturally I was confused, then I realized you added initial spawns for each individual gametype, that is actually not necessary unless you directly need the team to spawn somewhere else for a certain gametype. As I looked at other spawn, I saw you had spawn over ledges, spawn in open areas, and had some team only, which is a bad thing. That limits and prioritizes those spawns. It create a smaller margin of area to spawn in.

Looking at the design, it is for sure unique, but there are alot of areas I felt where completely useless. Example, the rock cave seems like it would be just a long one way trip when out could just take the ramp out side. I also felt like there should have been more ways to get to the top platforms in the main room in the building.

One thing that really took notice to me was the turret, on top of the platform, aimed down at blue spawn, you’re asking for trouble with that setup, I sense alot of spawn killing from that. Very over powered for that position.

To bring up some positives, aesthetics were beautiful in the map, but remember, aesthetics and “looking nice” don’t make a good map, playability does. So reduce, reduce items as much as possible, the nice and pretty things should be at the bottom of your to do list in building a map.

Overall, I feel you have so much potential because of the things you were able to show me with this map, you have a decent sense of creativity, which is very important. You are lacking though in the essential forge knowledge and depth of things like general spawning, design, and logic. If you really want to improve I recommend reading up on things like the Forge Lessons, Optomizing your frame rate performance, Map design and Gametype setups.

These are some really good articles that will help you if you take the time to read though them. Don’t be afraid to ask any questions either, I’m willing to help you out and show you real examples of what these guides and what I’m talking about and how they apply to make an overall good map. Just hit me up online and I’ll help ya out!

I am on and ready to play some maps so message Da IronPlatypus and lets get rollin’!

> One thing that really took notice to me was the turret, on top of the platform, aimed down at blue spawn, you’re asking for trouble with that setup, I sense alot of spawn killing from that. Very over powered for that position.

Originally when I mad the map I noticed that as well but as I played the game it actually turns into just a neutral area were players coming from the grass get the quick advantage there, but that said I have always been horrible with spawns and thank you for your time.

I can’t seem to connect. It says on my screen for the xbox of course, you have no gamerscore, rep, or stats for Reach. One of us is lagging really badly. Try resetting your motim.

> I actually took alot of time to look this map over and I’ve come up with two conclusions.
> - the map has a really good core ideal design
> - the map is lacking major forge and design assets and needs
>
> When I first spawned on the map, I was introduced with a disco of framerate from the pieces. There is an overabundance of objects on this map can can easily be minimized. When building, make more of less! That’s the keep to being able to have a good map, performance wise.
>
> Then as I turned around my spawn point, I saw close to what looked to be 30 initial spawn point. Naturally I was confused, then I realized you added initial spawns for each individual gametype, that is actually not necessary unless you directly need the team to spawn somewhere else for a certain gametype. As I looked at other spawn, I saw you had spawn over ledges, spawn in open areas, and had some team only, which is a bad thing. That limits and prioritizes those spawns. It create a smaller margin of area to spawn in.
>
> Looking at the design, it is for sure unique, but there are alot of areas I felt where completely useless. Example, the rock cave seems like it would be just a long one way trip when out could just take the ramp out side. I also felt like there should have been more ways to get to the top platforms in the main room in the building.
>
> One thing that really took notice to me was the turret, on top of the platform, aimed down at blue spawn, you’re asking for trouble with that setup, I sense alot of spawn killing from that. Very over powered for that position.
>
> To bring up some positives, aesthetics were beautiful in the map, but remember, aesthetics and “looking nice” don’t make a good map, playability does. So reduce, reduce items as much as possible, the nice and pretty things should be at the bottom of your to do list in building a map.
>
> Overall, I feel you have so much potential because of the things you were able to show me with this map, you have a decent sense of creativity, which is very important. You are lacking though in the essential forge knowledge and depth of things like general spawning, design, and logic. If you really want to improve I recommend reading up on things like the Forge Lessons, Optomizing your frame rate performance, Map design and Gametype setups.
>
> These are some really good articles that will help you if you take the time to read though them. Don’t be afraid to ask any questions either, I’m willing to help you out and show you real examples of what these guides and what I’m talking about and how they apply to make an overall good map. Just hit me up online and I’ll help ya out!

Hey I am going to do some games on it if you want to come and play? Then you might understand a little more about the map. and for some reason I don’t find lag outside of forge.

May I recommend post in images of your maps when posting them in the forums? It makes this easier for people like me who are not near an xbox.

> May I recommend post in images of your maps when posting them in the forums? It makes this easier for people like me who are not near an xbox.

its on my file share