Thoughts on Legacy of Onyx

When do you guys think this novel takes place? I think it takes place after or during 2558 because it talks about “Pale Blade” leading the servants of abiding truth and not telcam. Oh and plus a guardian in the background soo…

Looking forward to another story on my favorite generation of spartans and in my opinion the best the Spartan III’s. Looking forward to finding out who the sangheili is. Hopefully some of the war sphinx’s can give that Guardian a real run for its money.

My guess is post halo 4 but pre halo 5. I’m glad they’re both in GEN2 armour, one thing that’s bothered me is Spartan IIIs are still consistently seen to be using SPI armour even when there’s no point in using it anymore.

I say after Halo5.

> 2535408730995228;4:
> I say after Halo5.

I really hope its after Halo 5. I’m tired of all the pre-Halo 5 stories that are coming out.

It sounds really neat.
Also I agree with HASHTAG JOHN 117…we need more post Halo 5 stories. Even some stories that are presently taking place with a game. I believe most, if not all, the novels take place before or after a game.

> 2533274805386380;6:
> It sounds really neat.
> Also I agree with HASHTAG JOHN 117…we need more post Halo 5 stories. Even some stories that are presently taking place with a game. I believe most, if not all, the novels take place before or after a game.

I know it’s not the most popular novel but come on, The Flood came out 15 years ago. Even if you ignore that, The Last Voyage of the Infinite Succor and Breaking Quarantine take place during Halo CE. Palace Hotel, Second Sunrise Over New Mombasa, Wages of Sin and the second half of Broken Circle all take place during the events of Halo 2. The first half of New Blood takes place during ODST. What Remains, Rossbach’s World and Undefeated all take place during Halo 5.

I will agree however that we need more post-H5 stories, since all we have is Rossbach’s World and Halo Wars 2. Everything else we know is mostly through snippets of information from Waypoint updates.

> 2533274849782428;7:
> > 2533274805386380;6:
> > It sounds really neat.
> > Also I agree with HASHTAG JOHN 117…we need more post Halo 5 stories. Even some stories that are presently taking place with a game. I believe most, if not all, the novels take place before or after a game.
>
> I know it’s not the most popular novel but come on, The Flood came out 15 years ago. Even if you ignore that, The Last Voyage of the Infinite Succor and Breaking Quarantine take place during Halo CE. Palace Hotel, Second Sunrise Over New Mombasa, Wages of Sin and the second half of Broken Circle all take place during the events of Halo 2. The first half of New Blood takes place during ODST. What Remains,__Rossbach’s World and Undefeated all take place during Halo 5.
>
> I will agree however that we need more post-H5 stories, since all we have is Rossbach’s World and Halo Wars 2. Everything else we know is mostly through snippets of information from Waypoint updates.

I just really want a novel post 5 not a another short story.

> 2535424310227895;3:
> My guess is post halo 4 but pre halo 5. I’m glad they’re both in GEN2 armour, one thing that’s bothered me is Spartan IIIs are still consistently seen to be using SPI armour even when there’s no point in using it anymore.

If it is during that time why is the pale blade leading the servants and not telcam? He was killed in 2558 so

> 2533274849782428;7:
> > 2533274805386380;6:
> > It sounds really neat.
> > Also I agree with HASHTAG JOHN 117…we need more post Halo 5 stories. Even some stories that are presently taking place with a game. I believe most, if not all, the novels take place before or after a game.
>
> I know it’s not the most popular novel but come on, The Flood came out 15 years ago. Even if you ignore that, The Last Voyage of the Infinite Succor and Breaking Quarantine take place during Halo CE. Palace Hotel, Second Sunrise Over New Mombasa, Wages of Sin and the second half of Broken Circle all take place during the events of Halo 2. The first half of New Blood takes place during ODST. What Remains,__Rossbach’s World and Undefeated all take place during Halo 5.
>
> I will agree however that we need more post-H5 stories, since all we have is Rossbach’s World and Halo Wars 2. Everything else we know is mostly through snippets of information from Waypoint updates.

Facepalm I forgot those…well…I don’t know what Last Voyage, Breaking Quarantine, Palace Hotel, Second Sunrise, and a few more of those are. Are they from Halo Legends?
I appreciate the memory jogging.

> 2533274805386380;10:
> > 2533274849782428;7:
> > > 2533274805386380;6:
> > > It sounds really neat.
> > > Also I agree with HASHTAG JOHN 117…we need more post Halo 5 stories. Even some stories that are presently taking place with a game. I believe most, if not all, the novels take place before or after a game.
> >
> > I know it’s not the most popular novel but come on, The Flood came out 15 years ago. Even if you ignore that, The Last Voyage of the Infinite Succor and Breaking Quarantine take place during Halo CE. Palace Hotel, Second Sunrise Over New Mombasa, Wages of Sin and the second half of Broken Circle all take place during the events of Halo 2. The first half of New Blood takes place during ODST. What Remains,__Rossbach’s World and Undefeated all take place during Halo 5.
> >
> > I will agree however that we need more post-H5 stories, since all we have is Rossbach’s World and Halo Wars 2. Everything else we know is mostly through snippets of information from Waypoint updates.
>
> Facepalm I forgot those…well…I don’t know what Last Voyage, Breaking Quarantine, Palace Hotel, Second Sunrise, and a few more of those are. Are they from Halo Legends?
> I appreciate the memory jogging.

I know palace hotel is from evolutions, but I havnt heard of those other ones. Where is wages of sin from?

Either slightly before halo 5 or right after because as people have pointed out,telcam was killed in 2558.Halo retribution comes out in 10 days so I’m gonna be focused on that and my star was inferno squad novel for the time being

> 2533274830587831;2:
> Looking forward to another story on my favorite generation of spartans and in my opinion the best the Spartan III’s. Looking forward to finding out who the sangheili is. Hopefully some of the war sphinx’s can give that Guardian a real run for its money.

The Sangheili is likely the Pale Blade- Dural 'Mdama, son of Jul 'Mdama.

Be interesting, we haven’t had a novel set during/post Halo 5.

Do you think the Guardians/Cortana will be a prominent part of the story or do you think its going to be a “post credits” thing. There is one on the front cover, but then the description is putting a lot of emphasis on the UNSC and Servants of the Abiding Truth.

I’d be surprised if they wanted to have a Guardian destroyed in a novel before Halo 6. I get the impression they want Chief/Locke doing that to be a big deal. It wouldn’t seem right to have a huge defeat for Cortana and then start Halo 6 as if it hadn’t dented her forces. I mean if the humans get an army of Onyx sentinels they could probably defeat Cortana; if the previous novel is any indication of how effective they are.

Do you think the Servants of the Abiding Truth are unaware of events in the wider galaxy? Maybe they are trying to get into the Shield World to flee the Guardians? I’ve always been curious about how 343 was going to have Cortana’s relationship with the Covenant work out; its not really been explained. If they fight her do you think they’ll side with humanity? The front cover, if that is M Dama, does seem to indicate this with him alongside the Spartans.

Plus we haven’t actually seen what the score is when Cortana takes over a place. The description mentions a “rapidly changing galaxy” for these civilians so I am assuming that issue is going to be addressed at some point in the novel.

Am I the only one who thinks it is a little cringe to have Jul M Dama 2.0 after all the complaints about him dying? :smiley:

I hope this Onyx book has less silliness than the last one. Human fleets beating a Covenant one that outnumbered it ten times over, nuclear mines blowing up Covenant fleets when they were depicted taking nuclear warheads in previous novels, a handful of Spartans beating an army of elites and hunters; a hunter getting rugby tackled. So no outnumbered humans ships beating Forerunners ones, no nukes blowing up Guardians (if the Arbiters fleet couldn’t dent the one on Sunaion I don’t see a single nuke working), no handful of Spartans magically beating an army of Prometheans like its a cakewalk; don’t have the Warden Eternal rugby tackled by a Spartan. :smiley:

The S-IIIs are back, Mendez is back, we get a new character who’s a CIVILIAN of all things, that awesome Sangheili from before…AND its inside Onyx.
The only thing that cuold make this more awesome is if they found the remains of Kurt Ambrose and resurrected him as an AI.

> 2533274874804600;11:
> > 2533274805386380;10:
> > > 2533274849782428;7:
> > > > 2533274805386380;6:
> > > > It sounds really neat.
> > > > Also I agree with HASHTAG JOHN 117…we need more post Halo 5 stories. Even some stories that are presently taking place with a game. I believe most, if not all, the novels take place before or after a game.
> > >
> > > I know it’s not the most popular novel but come on, The Flood came out 15 years ago. Even if you ignore that, The Last Voyage of the Infinite Succor and Breaking Quarantine take place during Halo CE. Palace Hotel, Second Sunrise Over New Mombasa, Wages of Sin and the second half of Broken Circle all take place during the events of Halo 2. The first half of New Blood takes place during ODST. What Remains,__Rossbach’s World and Undefeated all take place during Halo 5.
> > >
> > > I will agree however that we need more post-H5 stories, since all we have is Rossbach’s World and Halo Wars 2. Everything else we know is mostly through snippets of information from Waypoint updates.
> >
> > Facepalm I forgot those…well…I don’t know what Last Voyage, Breaking Quarantine, Palace Hotel, Second Sunrise, and a few more of those are. Are they from Halo Legends?
> > I appreciate the memory jogging.
>
> I know palace hotel is from evolutions, but I havnt heard of those other ones. Where is wages of sin from?

Wages of sin is from one of the split-volumes of Halo Evolutions.
Last Voyage, Breaking Quarantine and Second Sunrise are all from the ancient Halo Graphic Novel.
Second Sunrise is actually double important because that was our first introduction to Benjamin Jirad of Hunt the Truth fame.

Anyone have a link to the cover art? Or has it not been shown?

> 2533274807602068;13:
> > 2533274830587831;2:
> > Looking forward to another story on my favorite generation of spartans and in my opinion the best the Spartan III’s. Looking forward to finding out who the sangheili is. Hopefully some of the war sphinx’s can give that Guardian a real run for its money.
>
> The Sangheili is likely the Pale Blade- Dural 'Mdama, son of Jul 'Mdama.

Oh yeah! Well if it’s after Jul 'Mdama’s death, he really doesn’t have a family and probably is just probably fueled by vengeance.

> 2533274830166194;16:
> Anyone have a link to the cover art? Or has it not been shown?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/golden-clouds

> 2533274805386380;10:
> > 2533274849782428;7:
> > > 2533274805386380;6:
> > > It sounds really neat.
> > > Also I agree with HASHTAG JOHN 117…we need more post Halo 5 stories. Even some stories that are presently taking place with a game. I believe most, if not all, the novels take place before or after a game.
> >
> > I know it’s not the most popular novel but come on, The Flood came out 15 years ago. Even if you ignore that, The Last Voyage of the Infinite Succor and Breaking Quarantine take place during Halo CE. Palace Hotel, Second Sunrise Over New Mombasa, Wages of Sin and the second half of Broken Circle all take place during the events of Halo 2. The first half of New Blood takes place during ODST. What Remains, Rossbach’s World and Undefeated all take place during Halo 5.
> >
> > I will agree however that we need more post-H5 stories, since all we have is Rossbach’s World and Halo Wars 2. Everything else we know is mostly through snippets of information from Waypoint updates.
>
> Facepalm I forgot those…well…I don’t know what Last Voyage, Breaking Quarantine, Palace Hotel, Second Sunrise, and a few more of those are. Are they from Halo Legends?
> I appreciate the memory jogging.

• The Last Voyage of the Infinite Succor, Breaking Quarantine and Second Sunrise Over New Mombasa are from the Halo Graphic Novel. - Palace Hotel was one of the stories from Halo Evolutions. - Wages of Sin is an exclusive story only available in the re-released edition of **Halo Evolutions: Volume Two.**You’re welcome for the memory jog :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274849782428;19:
> > 2533274805386380;10:
> > > 2533274849782428;7:
> > > > 2533274805386380;6:
> > > > It sounds really neat.
> > > > Also I agree with HASHTAG JOHN 117…we need more post Halo 5 stories. Even some stories that are presently taking place with a game. I believe most, if not all, the novels take place before or after a game.
> > >
> > > I know it’s not the most popular novel but come on, The Flood came out 15 years ago. Even if you ignore that, The Last Voyage of the Infinite Succor and Breaking Quarantine take place during Halo CE. Palace Hotel, Second Sunrise Over New Mombasa, Wages of Sin and the second half of Broken Circle all take place during the events of Halo 2. The first half of New Blood takes place during ODST. What Remains, Rossbach’s World and Undefeated all take place during Halo 5.
> > >
> > > I will agree however that we need more post-H5 stories, since all we have is Rossbach’s World and Halo Wars 2. Everything else we know is mostly through snippets of information from Waypoint updates.
> >
> > Facepalm I forgot those…well…I don’t know what Last Voyage, Breaking Quarantine, Palace Hotel, Second Sunrise, and a few more of those are. Are they from Halo Legends?
> > I appreciate the memory jogging.
>
> - The Last Voyage of the Infinite Succor, Breaking Quarantine and Second Sunrise Over New Mombasa are from the Halo Graphic Novel. - Palace Hotel was one of the stories from Halo Evolutions. - Wages of Sin is an exclusive story only available in the re-released edition of **Halo Evolutions: Volume Two.**You’re welcome for the memory jog :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh ok. I haven’t read Evolutions. I did watch the animated adaptations on YouTube…or something like that. And haven’t read the graphic novel.