Thoughts on Halo E3 2019 trailer?

What was everyone thoughts on the new E3 trailer for Halo Infinite? I think it’s cool that we are getting a new character in Halo that will be an ally to Master Chief. But what kind of role will he provide when fighting along side Master Chief? what I can’t get off my mind is how he said that we lost and that everything is gone with part of the Halo ring destroyed too while at it. My theory is that the UNSC was on along with Chief were on Halo and Cortana or someone blew part of the Halo ring where the UNSC was on and the reason the dudes pelican was seemed to be EMP blasted is because the UNSC on Halo were trying to get out of the blast radius my getting off Halo. Tell me your theories and what things you noticed or you found interesting! Also what are your thoughts on the new armor chief is rocking? I personally think a darker green like Halo 3 armor would be a bit better maybe. I liked the armor design in Halo 4 and 5 that Master Chief had buts it good to see the Halo 2/3 armor design back nonetheless.

7/10 good but needed a bit more.

you know what it didn’t reveal gameplay but it got me excited I literally cant wait till 2020 dude, I just want to play the game. The trailer was so full of mystery I really need to find out more!

Loved the last shot. Very nice callback to both the starting and ending cutscenes of Assault on the Control Room.

I’m not too familiar with the Halo 5 campaign but I feel like Halo: Infinite will take place several years after the events of Halo 5. I think Chief probably went into cryosleep within his armor (maybe his new suit carries the cryo chamber technology?) after the events of H5 and Cortana. I love the art style, which is reminiscent of the bungie trilogy, alongside with the og compositions and stuff. Maybe the story line will be linked to whichever books had recently released in the past few years or just other Halo lore. I’m pretty sure the Pilot said “Echo 216” and I think that was said somewhere in Halo: Reach or Halo 1? Whatever it is I’m really excited for 2020 and what’s to come.

0/10 worst halo trailer ever

I’m more focused on this pilot guy, who he is and what he brings to the story. Will he be Chief’s new partner similar to how Arbiter was in H3? Will he make it home to his baby? Is his baby even alive or when he said “we lost”, was he looking at old recordings of his family? I like the darker, adult tone this game seemingly is taking.

I think we didn’t get gameplay maybe it cuz it wasn’t ready yet or maybe they are still adding things we want

It was good, but I preferred last year’s though. This one, and the Halo coverage overall, didn’t have as much punch to it as I expected.

I’m very happy with the look of Chief’s armour(as I’ve just said in another thread I’ve been playing since the very beginning of the series and feel it’s the first time it’s perfect.) I like the overall art style which I think is on-point as they’re making it look like a more advanced higher fidelity Halo.

They need to respect Halo’s roots(1, 2, 3 & ODST) as much as possible but also not try to simply ride on its coattails(I like that the music will be in the proper Halo style but don’t just ripoff/rehash Marty’s work. Should just get him back.) - and more than anything for the love of god don’t blunder around like with 4 & 5 desperately trying to put 343i’s stamp on everything, fixing what isn’t broken or innovation for innovations sake - this is your last chance 343i if you screw up again I’ll just stick to MCC PC.

The hologram was cringe af by the way, if that was meant to be an emotional moment I’ll be playing through Infinite(still unhappy with the name just call it Halo 6) like a cold unfeeling sociopath. I mean seriously what kind of wife sends a hologram like that to her husband and has it only show her the entire time without letting him see his child? Her appearance was very uncanny valley looking and the kid mindlessly repeated what she told her to say. The hologram just came across as very forced and awkward. It reminded me of Microsoft’s presentation of Kinectimals…shudders

I think it was awesome. Still leaving lots of questions to be answered. So happy to finally se Chief back in his rightful armor and the soundtrack going back to the roots of Halo. Just need to preorder my Halo Project Scarlett and I’ll be complete.

• What events transpired leading up to the trailer? - How did the Master Chief end up floating in space like that? - Was it Covenant, Forerunners, The Banished (I’m a wishful thinker), or something else that was attacking the ship?The trailer looked amazing! I started to get emotional at the end when Cortana started talking. I’m beyond excited!!! Halo Infinite is going to be amazing!!!

At first I thought we didn’t get much. But knowing how Halo announcements roll, I decided to look back over a few times. Join in on the discussions with the you tube community and do my own research. I think we got plenty. Plenty of little… easter eggs…

Not only that, I know it has been a year, but I don’t want too much right now. I’d rather to not have to drag around a heap of content until next years E3. I’d rather carry that burden over several months than more than twelve.

> 2533274827080064;13:
> At first I thought we didn’t get much. But knowing how Halo announcements roll, I decided to look back over a few times. Join in on the discussions with the you tube community and do my own research. I think we got plenty. Plenty of little… easter eggs…
>
> Not only that, I know it has been a year, but I don’t want too much right now. I’d rather to not have to drag around a heap of content until next years E3. I’d rather carry that burden over several months than more than twelve.

Well you are exactly right, we didn’t get much. The whole cliche’ of throwing some red herring character so you don’t recognize it as a Halo trailer at first, then just a cutscene trailer with no gameplay, followed by a release date. Yeah it is likely they did hide some things in the trailer but as far as I can tell there wasn’t much information on how the game will be.

> 2666640315087182;14:
> > 2533274827080064;13:
> > At first I thought we didn’t get much. But knowing how Halo announcements roll, I decided to look back over a few times. Join in on the discussions with the you tube community and do my own research. I think we got plenty. Plenty of little… easter eggs…
> >
> > Not only that, I know it has been a year, but I don’t want too much right now. I’d rather to not have to drag around a heap of content until next years E3. I’d rather carry that burden over several months than more than twelve.
>
> Well you are exactly right, we didn’t get much. The whole cliche’ of throwing some red herring character so you don’t recognize it as a Halo trailer at first, then just a cutscene trailer with no gameplay, followed by a release date. Yeah it is likely they did hide some things in the trailer but as far as I can tell there wasn’t much information on how the game will be.

True, there wasn’t any gameplay footage… but we’re still a 18 months out from release with the potential of flighting (beta) at the end of this year. I’d rather know more about where the story is going at this stage than have gameplay as it would be too long to wait for me to have that gameplay experience myself.

The trailer actually had a ton of lore in it.

It was a good trailer but I think I liked the last trailer better. Being on the ground on the ring and seeing the environment and animals was cool.