Thoughts On Halo 5 Forge?

I am now hyped for Forge.
New Effects, Lighting, Grouping, A WHALE, a Glossiness Option for objects…

I cannot wait to see what everyone will be making in Halo 5: Guardians.
Didn’t see the reveal?
Watch This.

I just wet my self when I saw that video, sadly no AI, but at least I didn’t go number 3

I wish it wasn’t locked out until december. I love to play around with forge when I don’t feel like doing any multiplayer. Now I can’t

> 2533274802357607;3:
> I wish it wasn’t locked out until december. I love to play around with forge when I don’t feel like doing any multiplayer. Now I can’t

Wait, it’s (Terrible Pun INBOUND) "LOCKE"D UNTIL DECEMBER?!
Please send the source where it states this.

> 2533274936850165;2:
> I just wet my self when I saw that video, sadly no AI, but at least I didn’t go number 3

AI Would make it too good.

Really looks awesome. I love the lighting effects

My thoughts:

ERMAGERD FERGE!!! AND HOLY -YOINKING!- -YOINKERONI!- It’s massive!!! And there’s a whale now! Hype level reaching dangerously high levels.Seriously, hats off to 343 for this. No wonder they made us wait in the dark for so long. I’m not even worried about the fileshare anymore. There is no way they put this much into this forge without giving us the most simple, intuitive, comprehensive fileshare yet (you hear me, guys?). They’ve just been hitting everything out of park with this game. If they nail the fileshare, I’m just gonna go ahead burst with pure joy.

> 2533274883669557;7:
> My thoughts:
>
>
> HOLY -YOINKING!- -YOINKERONI!- It’s massive!!! And there’s a whale now! Hype level reaching dangerously high levels.
> Seriously, hats off to 343 for this. No wonder they made us wait in the dark for so long. I’m not even worried about the fileshare anymore. There is no way they put this much into this forge without giving us the most simple, intuitive, comprehensive fileshare yet (you hear me, guys?). They’ve just been hitting everything out of park with this game. If they nail the fileshare, I’m just gonna go ahead burst with pure joy.

Yes.
As long as they don’t pull the MCC File Share garbage, we’ll be fine.

> 2533274802357607;3:
> I wish it wasn’t locked out until december. I love to play around with forge when I don’t feel like doing any multiplayer. Now I can’t

It’s probably for the better. Alongside BTB being held off for a week or two.

After the MCC, 343i wants to make sure Halo 5 f0launches as smoothly as possible, and that they’re able to respond to and address any issue that turns up in the first few weeks. With almost everything hinging on things like the new gameplay elements and dedicated servers, it is essential that they’re working, or else a large amount of the game will be bugged.
By putting things out piece by piece, they can manage it efficiently, monitor and debug them quickly, and use all the data to make sure the next component is flawless. If wouldn’t help for them to release forge if the servers are broken. Instead, fix the issues first, compile all the feedback into the next component, and build up to a great and functional game without compromising things to make launch day.

Looks cool, too bad it won’t be in at launch though.

> 2533274907934539;9:
> > 2533274802357607;3:
> > I wish it wasn’t locked out until december. I love to play around with forge when I don’t feel like doing any multiplayer. Now I can’t
>
>
> It’s probably for the better. Alongside BTB being held off for a week or two.
>
> After the MCC, 343i wants to make sure Halo 5 f0launches as smoothly as possible, and that they’re able to respond to and address any issue that turns up in the first few weeks. With almost everything hinging on things like the new gameplay elements and dedicated servers, it is essential that they’re working, or else a large amount of the game will be bugged.
> By putting things out piece by piece, they can manage it efficiently, monitor and debug them quickly, and use all the data to make sure the next component is flawless. If wouldn’t help for them to release forge if the servers are broken. Instead, fix the issues first, compile all the feedback into the next component, and build up to a great and functional game without compromising things to make launch day.

As much as I think games shouldn’t be released until every aspect of the game is ready for launch, I believe this is the best way to go now.

> 2533274825410891;10:
> Looks cool, too bad it won’t be in at launch though.

WHATEVER, I got so much to do on that day aside from Forge.
Campaign, Arena, Warzone, Customizing, Redeeming REQ Packs, and sigh School…
Man, the whole school day’s gonna be a helluva drag… and I must go on a social media blackout otherwise I’m gonna click on the wrong video and have the ending spoiled.

> 2533274887515153;11:
> > 2533274907934539;9:
> > > 2533274802357607;3:
> > > I wish it wasn’t locked out until december. I love to play around with forge when I don’t feel like doing any multiplayer. Now I can’t
> >
> >
> > It’s probably for the better. Alongside BTB being held off for a week or two.
> >
> > After the MCC, 343i wants to make sure Halo 5 f0launches as smoothly as possible, and that they’re able to respond to and address any issue that turns up in the first few weeks. With almost everything hinging on things like the new gameplay elements and dedicated servers, it is essential that they’re working, or else a large amount of the game will be bugged.
> > By putting things out piece by piece, they can manage it efficiently, monitor and debug them quickly, and use all the data to make sure the next component is flawless. If wouldn’t help for them to release forge if the servers are broken. Instead, fix the issues first, compile all the feedback into the next component, and build up to a great and functional game without compromising things to make launch day.
>
>
> As much as I think games shouldn’t be released until every aspect of the game is ready for launch, I believe this is the best way to go now.

At least it’s only, what, a month and a half? Could be much worse.

That video was a small tease.

Here’s a quote from the waypoint blog

“We had a camera crew on site to document this week-long collaboration and we’ll be sharing that footage in the near future. In it, you’ll see many of the new Forge features in action. For a small preview of what’s to come, check out the below video.”

> 2533274825410891;10:
> Looks cool, too bad it won’t be in at launch though.

Look at it this way:

Halo 5 releases, then CoD, then Fallout, then Battlefront … what do you think might happen? Then December rolls around with BTB and Forge and who knows what else, and guess what game becomes the center of attention again? That’s right, Fallout … I mean, Halo.

That’s what I’m hoping for at least.

This looks absolutely fantastic, i will have to get this out of the way first COME ON A GIANT FORGE WORLD, XBOX ONE HAS THE POWER!!**!

The tools and effects look fantastic, also look we got A SNOW LEVEL :3

> 2533274887515153;11:
> > 2533274907934539;9:
> > > 2533274802357607;3:
> > > I wish it wasn’t locked out until december. I love to play around with forge when I don’t feel like doing any multiplayer. Now I can’t
> >
> >
> > It’s probably for the better. Alongside BTB being held off for a week or two.
> >
> > After the MCC, 343i wants to make sure Halo 5 f0launches as smoothly as possible, and that they’re able to respond to and address any issue that turns up in the first few weeks. With almost everything hinging on things like the new gameplay elements and dedicated servers, it is essential that they’re working, or else a large amount of the game will be bugged.
> > By putting things out piece by piece, they can manage it efficiently, monitor and debug them quickly, and use all the data to make sure the next component is flawless. If wouldn’t help for them to release forge if the servers are broken. Instead, fix the issues first, compile all the feedback into the next component, and build up to a great and functional game without compromising things to make launch day.
>
>
> As much as I think games shouldn’t be released until every aspect of the game is ready for launch, I believe this is the best way to go now.

I realize it’s for the best. But I just love to do forge things, and I find it as a bit of a hassle.

oh my god, YES!!! This is outstanding!!! Well done 343 :clap: now show me more!

It’s awesome that they brought some well known forgers out to test it. I started the video thinking Ducain23 is going to be so pumped about this news and there he was on my screen.

Holy -Yoink-. I don’t forge much, but the things this will do for the longevity of the game… PHEW!!! Gon’ be playin’ Halo 5 for a WHILE :smiley: