Thoughts on Bloomed DMR

I think that this is not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. When Halo Reach came out with the TU 85% Bloom barely bothered me but did feel slightly like to much bloom. The playtester said the reticule reset much faster than Reach. This makes it seem like it was less than 85% bloom. To me this is perfect and really wont bother me, especially when I know I can switch to a no bloom BR at anytime. Im really liking what Halo 4 is shaping up to look like!

DMR would’ve been the God gun without it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ya with BR at 5sk it would have been amazing with no bloom

> DMR would’ve been the God gun without it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Exactly. Bloom on the DMR would have to be a must at this point so it wouldn’t over power every weapon at long range. The BR user will at least have a fighting chance against it and a Sniper Rifle user wouldn’t be constantly bombarded with shots from the DMR while trying to shoot someone.

I don’t see why the 5 BR is a 5sk weapon…

As long as it isn’t that much bloom, I’m cool with it.

> I don’t see why the 5 BR is a 5sk weapon…

> As long as it isn’t that much bloom, I’m cool with it.

Thats what I think to and if you really hate bloom just use the BR

> DMR would’ve been the God gun without it. :stuck_out_tongue:

DMR has and always will be the dominant gun in Reach. With or without bloom.

As for bloom on the Halo 4 DMR, I’m hoping its very minimal so as to keep players from cross-mapping on BTB maps.

> > I don’t see why the 5 BR is a 5sk weapon…

I agree but they are still tweaking the weapons so we might still have a chance for a 4 shot BR. I think it would be a good move so that the BR would at least have a fighting chance against a DMR at long range. Not saying that the BR should kill a DMR all the time at long range, which it shouldn’t, but at least have it so you could get away while suppressing the DMR user.

Where’s the option for “Bloom is fine in Halo Reach already”? Your poll gives the impression that everybody hates bloom, which isn’t the case.

And to answer your question, I’m fine with the DMR having bloom. If people don’t like it, they can just use a different precision weapon.

> Where’s the option for “Bloom is fine in Halo Reach already”? Your poll gives the impression that everybody hates bloom, which isn’t the case.
>
> And to answer your question, I’m fine with the DMR having bloom. If people don’t like it, they can just use a different precision weapon.

Your right now that I look at the poll it does seem like everyone hates bloom. Ill fix that

> > Where’s the option for “Bloom is fine in Halo Reach already”? Your poll gives the impression that everybody hates bloom, which isn’t the case.
> >
> > And to answer your question, I’m fine with the DMR having bloom. If people don’t like it, they can just use a different precision weapon.
>
> Your right now that I look at the poll it does seem like everyone hates bloom. Ill fix that

Actually sorry you cant edit polls. For anyone else who likes bloom the way it is in Halo Reach just post saying so

Bloom was the biggest thing that turned me off of Reach. I hate to sound whiny,but what’s the difference between bloom and setting the rate of fire to the slowest optimal point and having a static reticle?

Forget bloom. Introduce a Rate of Fire cap. This way it doesn’t outperform automatics in close range.

> Forget bloom. Introduce a Rate of Fire cap. This way it doesn’t outperform automatics in close range.

Actually, this makes sense.

> Bloom was the biggest thing that turned me off of Reach. I hate to sound whiny,but what’s the difference between bloom and setting the rate of fire to the slowest optimal point and having a static reticle?

People would have complained either way, because that’s what they’re good at.

Let’s face it, people: if it doesn’t absolutely dominate the map, then people aren’t interested in it. Everybody wants it faster, and stronger, and they’ll hate it if it isn’t.

Oh, and woe betide change, guys.

Ill have to see.