Thoughts on Big Team Slayer Pro

So recently one of the gametypes I’ve been playing a bunch has been big team slayer pro. And in my opinion, the game is extremely frustrating. Since I’m so used to playing with personal ordinances, I have find where all of the power weapons spawn and also, the vehicles seem to overpowered. Since you have no radar, you have to rely on a narrow vision and sound. And sometimes even those two things will fail you. Also, the loadouts are pre-made so you cannot have your favorite. And since only one loadout, the one with the carbine, has a plasma pistol, you can easily be taken out by players with longer distance weapons. And since all of the maps are huge, you are basically screwed. And not one of the loadouts has plasma grenades. Even more power for those with vehicles. I feel I’m constantly being forced to stay in my base to avoid being tagged by multiple vehicles. And since I’m not one of those players that enjoys rushing for power weapons, the game seems much less fun. I really don’t like it.

What do you guys think?

I’m a fan of both, the radar being implemented into slayer pro has made a far more enjoyable experience, I don’t mind what I play

Apart from the lack of a motion sensor it’s the closest we have to classic big team battle.

Which is simply superior in every way to infinity big team. You actually have to work as a team and use smarts to take down vehicles instead of spawning with all the anti vehicle ordnance you need.

And power weapons create the flow of a map that infinity slayer just can’t compare to.

It’s better in every way.

> Apart from the lack of a motion sensor it’s the closest we have to classic big team battle.
>
> Which is simply superior in every way to infinity big team. You actually have to work as a team and use smarts to take down vehicles instead of spawning with all the anti vehicle ordnance you need.
>
> And power weapons create the flow of a map that infinity slayer just can’t compare to.
>
> It’s better in every way.

Uh, Pro has a motion tracker now. It was added in on Monday’s matchmaking update.

> > Apart from the lack of a motion sensor it’s the closest we have to classic big team battle.
> >
> > Which is simply superior in every way to infinity big team. You actually have to work as a team and use smarts to take down vehicles instead of spawning with all the anti vehicle ordnance you need.
> >
> > And power weapons create the flow of a map that infinity slayer just can’t compare to.
> >
> > It’s better in every way.
>
> Uh, Pro has a motion tracker now. It was added in on Monday’s matchmaking update.

I didn’t know that. Thanks.

I must be the only person on this forum who doesn’t see the need for a radar in BTB. I’ve never seen anyone give a reason why either except “hurr I get backsmacked”.

Limited loadouts are my only gripe, I think Slayer pro would be better to have subplaylists for BTB and Slayer.

Welcome to real Halo: where things actually take strategy to beat.

> I must be the only person on this forum who doesn’t see the need for a radar in BTB. I’ve never seen anyone give a reason why either except “hurr I get backsmacked”.

The reason why radar is so essential is because it shows you everyone around you within a close proximity. Yeah I’ll admit one of my problems is getting bakc-smacked, but also, it’s good to have so you can avoid double-teams. With radar, you can see them coming and choose to either run, hide, or attack if you have a power weapon or teammate. And sometimes when the game lags, you hear the sound of vehicles too late and you either get splattered by a ghost or blown up by a tank. Basically, it prevents bs kills.

> Apart from the lack of a motion sensor it’s the closest we have to classic big team battle.
>
> Which is simply superior in every way to infinity big team. You actually have to work as a team and use smarts to take down vehicles instead of spawning with all the anti vehicle ordnance you need.
>
> And power weapons create the flow of a map that infinity slayer just can’t compare to.
>
> It’s better in every way.

Well in today’s Halo 4, it’s nice to have all of your resources right away when most of the population is inhabited by noobs or MLG groups that actually know how to work together. And when you are on the wrong end with -Yoink- teammates, having everything you need immediately helps to balance it out better and salvage a decent k/d. It makes the learning curve easier for the noobs and if another 2 playlists were created for pro big team and pro infinity, there wouldn’t be as many problems. I’m just curious what goes into making a playlist for 343. How much does it cost? How does it affect efficiency? That would at least give my frustration some closure.

^^above

How do a noob getting a Needler and a pro an iCannon help flow and gameplay?

> ^^above
>
> How do a noob getting a Needler and a pro an iCannon help flow and gameplay?

Explain

What are you asking?

I play Big Team a lot and I actually do better in Pro than Infinity because it’s less random. I think it great that they added it. It makes it feel a lot more ‘classic’. Also all you need is select the carbine load out to deal with vehicles.

BTB is 100000000000x better now with “Pro” settings. BTB was absolutely ruined by all the power weapons and people spawning with a plasma pistol and 2 stickies every life.

To me yes it feels a little bit like classic halo but its boring.

No plasma pistol, great idea what with all the vehicles running around.

> No plasma pistol, great idea what with all the vehicles running around.

Carbine loadout, not on the ever so precious BR one

> No plasma pistol, great idea what with all the vehicles running around.

The carbine loadout has a pp secondary…and even without stickies, you could always use your precision weapon to pick the driver out of the vehicle. You know, the way you had to shoot the driver out with precision weapons since CE?

It’s easy to get used to walking with a crutch, but it’s nice to be able to walk on my own