Thoughts on Angry Joe Review

Hey guys,

The much anticipated angry Joe review for Halo 5 was uploaded today at Halo 5: Guardians Angry Review - YouTube (sorry don’t know how to put links). He is totally trash talking the game with a few positive points. I get he is a PS4 guy and some things like the REQ system and campaign (only 3 Master Chief missions? Really?) along with the marketing MS/343 did behind it i agree on but other points I don’t. Do you guys think 6/10 is a good score for Halo 5? This will surly make the ponies happy lol!

Let’s start a discussion.

Personally I feel that what he said was largely right. That is not to say that i feel he got everything spot on. The campaign in particular was in my opinion rather weak and not very good. It relies way too much on outside media (I.E the books) to provide exposition which is not great. The loss of split screen on a Halo game is just unacceptable. After all, Halo has it’s roots as a couch co-op game. Perhaps the score was a little low but all in all i felt that he gave a very balanced argument about the game’s positives (Warzone, and the new gameplay features) and the negatives (Weak campaign and the loss of couch co-op). Joe also mentioned that H5 was still better than Killzone, so he isnt completely biased towards the PS4.

Guys remember that he’s just a guy with an opinion. That’s how all reviews are. Don’t take it to heart and definitely don’t take offense to it. I think most of his points are valid, but the final score is definitely a bit unfair. I also have a feeling that he’s going to rate Black Ops 3 a bit higher, despite it being an inferior game, but that’s just my 2 cents.

I think he has a right to his opinion. Though, I also have to agree with him, the attitude of Mister Chief (apparently representing 343) of “shut up, the grown ups are talking” to the red and blue Spartan IVs (representing those who are uneasy about req packs or think they ruin the purity of the game and have VERY valid concerns) just seems…insulting. Like, is this how 343 views the fans who don’t like what they have done with the Halo gameplay, they view them as children who don’t know what they are talking about? Seriously, what the hell, 343?

Forgive me for being a PS4 player coming into this matter, but I was formerly a Xbox player before Xbox One came into play and I really have something to say about Halo 5 guardian even though I have not even played it but seen lots of videos of it and I just really want to let my opinion out on the game. Let first of tell you guys that I played Halo 3 back then and it was the first time that I have played online and it was the first time for me to experience the online multiplayer. As time progresses and that the game keep changing every 3 years(2 years after Reach 2010- Halo 4 2012) the game is getting recognition and it became a popular franchise for the Xbox gaming community. I really loved the Halo games and its stories, before 343 took over and… well it wasn’t as that big as it was before they took over. I was hyped for Halo 4 itself but after playing it for just about 2-3 months the game wasn’t really that exciting nor does it feel the same as it’s predecessors cause of some problems I have with it. I’ll get to my point of how I think of Halo 5 Guardians soon but hear this out of how I think of 343 changes to Halo in Halo 4. Halo 4 multiplayer was really great and all up until the point you see that there was a similarity of COD kill streak rewards. I really did not like the fact that there was a COD similarity to the multiplayer cause that was not Halo anymore when I saw that. I don’t know if they have stop doing that and don’t rant me out on that if they had change cause I was gone and moved on to the PS4. Another thing is that the campaign was not really exciting at all. I was hoping that we would fight the Didact as the final boss battle but you did not and that the campaign wasn’t really that long; again my opinion. Another problem I had with the game was that new feature that replace Firefight, Spartan Ops. Oh how I’ve problem with this feature. The thing about this is that it did not even last a year at all instead it lasted about 2 months. 2 months and that was it? What were 343 thinking? How could they not add more episodes after Halsey losing her arm? Why did this happen? I mean I was shocked that this was all that it had and no more story. This was where I had given up on Xbox and just moved on to PS4. I had some more problems with the game but its nothing but a personal nitpick on 343’s Spartan armor design. I mean couldn’t they just keep the original looks like Bungie made? And this is where I come to talk about Halo 5 Guardians. Now Halo 5 hype was really had my hopes up when I first saw the trailers for it. The return of the Arbiter, new characters, the return of the Forunners, and the Master Chief. Now this is where I really would get my rant on the game. First off the Campaign. The campaign is what makes the Halo universe cause it tells you the story and the lore from the Master Chiefs point of view. With the new playable character Spartan Locke you play as this character most of the time and if this correct you only play as the Master Chief for only 3 missions ONLY in a 15 mission campaign. Wasn’t the Master Chief the true main character in the Halo universe cause it looked like he just got replaced by this new guy who just recently became a Spartan. Another thing about this game that I found lacking in this game is pretty much the backbone of every Halo Machinima videos and that would be Forge. Yes I know about it coming it December, but why must the Forge be delayed until December? Halo 3, Reach, and 4 came with the Forge feature but for this game not to have it is just unbelievable to me. Speaking of missing features what about the other multiplayer features besides Warzone and Arena? How is it that the other classic features not even hear on the game? What is making 343 doing to make these features come in late? If you have the answers please tell me. Remember my nitpick about the armor, well it just got me even more nitpicking in Halo 5 Guardian Spartan customization. Holy ____ do I want to nitpick the ____ out of it. Your telling me that they now only customize just the head and the rest of the body? Where is the option to change the shoulder pads, the gauntlets, and the legs? What the heck? In Reach you can totally make your own very customary Spartan on about every inch of the Spartans body and they just took out all that options? Where’s the fun in that in just only customizing the head and the body? Oh don’t you guys even dare tell me about the armors coming in the REQ packs cause that is another problem but still minimal. The REQ packs is a bit stupid cause really it just feels like ME3 packs to me. Sure you can have the option of not buying them and just save up on points to get the golden pack but is this a necessary feature to the game? Sure it might help out on Halo 5 Warzone game but do the gamers really need such things? Back then in Halo 3, Reach, and even 4 we really didn’t need such things to win the game. All we needed was skills and luck. We never had to use such power ups back then and that this just comes in to intense it? Correct me if I’m wrong but when you get weapons in these REQ packs did they just give you a license to wield a special weapon like the Spartan laser or the Mantis? Please tell me if I’m wrong here cause that just pisses me off that it now a requirement to get a license in a REQ pack. And because of this typing system that I can’t seem to type over word I just texted I will now also tell you about how I feel about players getting awesome looking armors in random REQ packs. Why is it that they now just need to get armors in REQ packs? Why? Why does 343 think that this idea was great? It’s not at all it feels like a random loot drops from DESTINY when you opening ENGRAMS this has to be one of the most stupidest and laziest idea for them to come up with. Where is the fun in that? We had to get these armors by either ranking up or getting achievements. Heck in Halo 3 we had to get at least 40 achievements to get the legendary Katana body piece. we had to find every skulls in the campaign in order to get the HAYABUSA ARMOR. We worked off our -Yoinks!- to get those awesome armor pieces and now it’s just random loot drops? That is nothing but crap to me cause we earned those armors cause we had to do the things and it challenged all the players to achieve such accomplishment and now it doesn’t feel like you do at all anymore. Just get it in the pack and hope your lucky enough to get it, that is all. That is all of my opinion of the game so far and really it does not live up to the height to me on Halo. If Halo 6 comes out like this again, it just mean 343 doesn’t really give a care at all.

Haven’t watched the review yet but going by the comments, he’s saying what a lot of people are saying. In many ways Halo 5’s hate reminds me of Halo 2’s hate in the beginning. It took a very long time for people to adjust to Halo 2. I do miss Co-Op campaign local especially since it has been in every Halo game. I don’t think this game is bad, but many people did not understand the story or who the characters are. And sometimes the REQs do feel like you got ripped off.

He nailed the review of this game right on the head. I don’t think there is a more honest and sincere review of the game out. Just as Joe said, this game has potential but its not an amazing game with the current issues.

Lets also not even get started on “Hunt the truth” which was a utter and complete lie. We didn’t hunt any truth. We did two mission early on pertaining to hunting the truth then the story went off in a completely different direction! The marketing for this game hyped it up way beyond what it actually was.

> 2535463187807823;2:
> Personally I feel that what he said was largely right. That is not to say that i feel he got everything spot on. The campaign in particular was in my opinion rather weak and not very good. It relies way too much on outside media (I.E the books) to provide exposition which is not great. The loss of split screen on a Halo game is just unacceptable. After all, Halo has it’s roots as a couch co-op game. Perhaps the score was a little low but all in all i felt that he gave a very balanced argument about the game’s positives (Warzone, and the new gameplay features) and the negatives (Weak campaign and the loss of couch co-op). Joe also mentioned that H5 was still better than Killzone, so he isnt completely biased towards the PS4.

Honestly he gave a pretty spot on review. Do I still like the game? Hell yeah! Is there -Yoink- in here that I would like changed? Bet your -Yoink- I do! Is it the only decent Multiplayer game on the Xbox? -Yoink- yeah it is! So until something else comes out we are collectively stuck with Halo :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274821485400;4:
> I think he has a right to his opinion. Though, I also have to agree with him, the attitude of Mister Chief (apparently representing 343) of “shut up, the grown ups are talking” to the red and blue Spartan IVs (representing those who are uneasy about req packs or think they ruin the purity of the game and have VERY valid concerns) just seems…insulting. Like, is this how 343 views the fans who don’t like what they have done with the Halo gameplay, they view them as children who don’t know what they are talking about? Seriously, what the hell, 343?

Where is this?

Requisition System, lack playlist, no forge at launch, and lack story ruined

> 2533274872156802;3:
> Guys remember that he’s just a guy with an opinion. That’s how all reviews are. Don’t take it to heart and definitely don’t take offense to it. I think most of his points are valid, but the final score is definitely a bit unfair. I also have a feeling that he’s going to rate Black Ops 3 a bit higher, despite it being an inferior game, but that’s just my 2 cents.

His opinion is unfair about Halo, but a game that isn’t even out yet is inferior because you say so. Isn’t that a bit unfair?

Is it not possible he could enjoy BO3 more than he did Halo 5?

I think he;s right on…i know people might not like it, but yeah…I’d say that’s actually pretty fair assessment.

I pretty much knew what his review was gonna be before I watched it. I’d like to see him do another review after the end of the year to see if his rating goes up to a 8 or 9 after changes, but for now, I think the 6 he gave was more than fair. I would have given it a 7 for fun gameplay, but a lack of forge and game types holds it back from a better rating.

His points about the REQ system were spot on. Why should it take thousands of dollars to unlock everything? And why are there no earnable customization pieces?

The rest is up for debate.

> 2535421736537084;1:
> Hey guys,
>
> The much anticipated angry Joe review for Halo 5 was uploaded today at Halo 5: Guardians Angry Review - YouTube (sorry don’t know how to put links). He is totally trash talking the game with a few positive points. I get he is a PS4 guy and some things like the REQ system and campaign (only 3 Master Chief missions? Really?) along with the marketing MS/343 did behind it i agree on but other points I don’t. Do you guys think 6/10 is a good score for Halo 5? This will surly make the ponies happy lol!
>
> Let’s start a discussion.

Angry Joe is a harsh reviewer so just remember that. he uses 5/10 as an average so i agree that at launch the game is only a 6/10. being its only slightly above average mainly because of the bad story telling which trags it down. though like he said the score will likluyincrease later once forge,btb and some other stuff comes out. i dont agree with everything but i think his review was a fair one and on par with his other reviews

After watching his stream (they are still up on twitch) I don’t know. I really feel like he was riding on the Hate train for views and tips from PS fanboys

One thing he was wrong about was the time/cost to unlock all items. getting just gold is not a smart idea and wastes alot of time/points. also i personally like the idea that i realistically cant get every armour peice in halo 5’s life cycle

> 2533274821485400;4:
> I think he has a right to his opinion. Though, I also have to agree with him, the attitude of Mister Chief (apparently representing 343) of “shut up, the grown ups are talking” to the red and blue Spartan IVs (representing those who are uneasy about req packs or think they ruin the purity of the game and have VERY valid concerns) just seems…insulting. Like, is this how 343 views the fans who don’t like what they have done with the Halo gameplay, they view them as children who don’t know what they are talking about? Seriously, what the hell, 343?

343 has a very hard time dealing with criticism, a pretty common issue with developers these days.

> 2533274817747391;18:
> > 2533274821485400;4:
> > I think he has a right to his opinion. Though, I also have to agree with him, the attitude of Mister Chief (apparently representing 343) of “shut up, the grown ups are talking” to the red and blue Spartan IVs (representing those who are uneasy about req packs or think they ruin the purity of the game and have VERY valid concerns) just seems…insulting. Like, is this how 343 views the fans who don’t like what they have done with the Halo gameplay, they view them as children who don’t know what they are talking about? Seriously, what the hell, 343?
>
>
> 343 has a very hard time dealing with criticism, a pretty common issue with developers these days.

Absolutely correct but it’s not just companies, die hards who can’t see ANY faults end up being part of the problem too, and it’s a pretty vicious cycle, Like he said about people who voice their concerns about the Req system are just instantly smashed and attacked just for not agreeing with it, it’d ridiculous and these are our peers now…scary thought.

Absolutely. Is Halo 5 a decent game? Yeah, it’s pretty solid. Has it done anything extraordinary to advance the genre or franchise forward? Not really, at least not without Forge.

As of now, Halo 5 is probably the most average FPS game out right now. Meanwhile Black Ops III (although I hate the futuristic crap) is delivering more content than ever (The return of Co-Op Campaign, Split-Screen, a standalone Co-Op mode, Theater, Mods and Map Editing for PC, etc.) and I believe it stands as a HUGE threat to Halo 5 if 343 doesn’t get it in gear NAOW.