Thoughts on 3D printing your Spartan

Ok, so I love the idea of being able to 3D print your SPARTAN-IV. As it is now, we are very limited in what we can actually do with it however. That being said, 343 has said they will be adding in more stances for your statue to be in. What I would like to see is being able to have more than 1 spartan on a single ase plate. Obviously this would be more expensive, but I think it would be pretty awesome to be able to have a statue of you and your buddies SPARTAN-IV’s set as a squad, or even just being able to make your own custom squad. Now I know that you could just buy them separately, but they wouldn’t look as natural or epic I believe. Or maybe making it so you can have your spartan fighting off an enemy, like an elite or a knight. Heck, if you wanted to go all out, your entire squad fighting off say, Warden Eternal?

Anyone have any other thoughts? I’d love to see some more ideas! It would be really cool to see some of this, and your own SPARTAN-IV in real life.

Why not let us just print off an entire firefight from the campaign…

I’ll wait until I see a few people post pics of their orders. The quality looks questionable from what I saw from the SDCC versions from the same company.

As you mentioned, some stuff is missing. I can’t use my looking forward stance. So I’ll wait until more stuff is added. Gives me time to unlock more armor that’s appealing. I can handle missing the deadline for free shipping.

> 2661949065475413;3:
> I’ll wait until I see a few people post pics of their orders. The quality looks questionable from what I saw from the SDCC versions from the same company.
>
> As you mentioned, some stuff is missing. I can’t use my looking forward stance. So I’ll wait until more stuff is added. Gives me time to unlock more armor that’s appealing. I can handle missing the deadline for free shipping.

I agree. The quality looks kinda sub-par for the price…it almost looks like a glaze over the statue and with $30 USD for the smallest and $90 for the biggest, I’ll probably wait a while (at least until I get better armor) to order one.

BUT

Me and my cousin are huge Halo fans, and I know he’d love this for Christmas, so I’ll probably order one for him. :stuck_out_tongue:

I might do one just for the heck of it, but if the quality sucks then I doubt I’ll be getting another anytime soon.

I’ll definitely 3D print my Spartan at some point, but I’m waiting to get more armor unlocks from req packs in Halo 5 first before doing so. I’m not saying I’m hating on my current armor setup, but I’m going to wait until I get more varieties though.

I always wanted to have a figure of some sort for my multiplayer Sapartan since Halo 3. These 3D printed Spartans are the closest thing yet. They seem sort of pricey , but might as well get before December 6th to take advantage of free shipping.

I’m also glad they have additional stances available since I only have the default stance, and the one where your Spartan has their fist in front of their face.

I wish the base was our emblem…from one of the earlier games when you could actually customize your emblem.

I’ve read a lot of people questioning the quality. They look pretty good to me, but even if they were bad they’re still 100% better than the 3D spartan I could get made elsewhere, which is no where.

As soon as I unlock the armor I want I’m going to get the big one. Hopefully MK IV comes out soon. And sage green comes with it.

I think its perfect the way it is, just keep adding options. What you propose is a bit much. I have one of these prints already from SDCC and they are pretty fragile as they are made from a sandstone composite, so with that in mind, it probably wouldn’t be smart to 3D print an entire fireteam on a long plate or whatever.

I think it’s a neat concept! I could see somebody ordering it and have a completely different armor on their in-game spartan later and be like-- “Aww…now I don’t match.” Than again though aesthetics-wise. It’d be rad to have as a nice trophy to your room/living arrangements.