Those Placement Matches...

Anyone else forget how stressful it was to do the placement matches again? I just finished them for slayer and it was over two hours of intense frustration all ranging from getting killed by the “surprise! I have a shotgun!” players to team mates quitting out. It’s a great way to gauge skill, but it’s certainly not without it’s stress. I’m pretty sure I just lost 5 years of my life from yelling at a TV monitor. But damn, TVs are good listeners.

How did everyone else make out?

Havent tried yet, but im sure i will be like, really a crappy team again.

I was doing spectacularly in Arena. Teammates doing callouts and whatnot. Then my next 3 were full of afk, betrayers, and leavers.

That system is so flawed. Especially for modes like Big Team, where your rating is dependent on the performance of 7 other players. I can go in solo and get platinum because of randoms. Or go in with 7 friends and get Diamond. The disparity there is ridiculous.

I’ll probably wait for some of my friends and/or members of my spartan company to get on before I head into ranked. There is nothing worse then getting matched with people who earned their bronze rank. Or the ever so common “shoots teammate because he grabbed a weapon I wanted and gets us both killed in Breakout.”

So far its great 2 matches to go

> 2533274873814073;4:
> That system is so flawed. Especially for modes like Big Team, where your rating is dependent on the performance of 7 other players. I can go in solo and get platinum because of randoms. Or go in with 7 friends and get Diamond. The disparity there is ridiculous.

Actually the placement games work differently, your personal stats factor in.

I can’t stand these placement matches. What’s wrong with everyone starting off at the lowest rank then working their way up? Then it’s starts all over again next month. Ridiculous!

> 2678703528375484;8:
> I can’t stand these placement matches. What’s wrong with everyone starting off at the lowest rank then working their way up? Then it’s starts all over again next month. Ridiculous!

I agree!

I lost all 10 games on purpose, with a 0.6 KD, and still somehow got Platinum.

I know. They’re awful. I’m really furious right now, actually. I spent a ton of time doing all ten placement matches for every playlist since launch. For some of them I got way overranked because of the stupid parameters they use in the placement algorithms (never, ever, ever facto in W/L instead of KD, 343!). It was completely unenjoyable and, when all was said and done I was properly ranked in about half of the playlists and had an embarrassing 0.5 KD. Since then, I avoided the playlists I was overranked in completely (as I was getting a 0.2 KD there and frustrating my teammates with my poor play) and stuck to the ones I was properly ranked in. I played hundreds of matches and little by little gradually worked my way up to a 0.999 KD. Halo 5 was finally fun again because I was competitive, the matches were competitive, and my teammates and opponents were all about the same skill level. Then I went and downloaded the new update today, logged in and was shocked to see all the Arena rankings reset. The placement matches are just awful: I am nothing but cannon fodder for people who are way too good to be playing against me, then I finally plough through the 10 matches only to get overranked again. I am not going through all that again for all of the other playlists just to have to do it all again at the end of the next month. Screw that. I’ll just go play Rise of the Tomb Raider or something if 343i is going to continue doing these asinine “Seasons”.