Those content with how Reach is in one way or another.

I got a question, for the very few of you who are on this forum.

Why are you content with it? What makes you love Reach so?

I’m sure most of you will know I’m not trying to be provocative or instigate in a clever way to start a flame war, because I myself am one of the people who like Reach how it is.

But I just want different views on why people like the game, since it IS such a different beast than the past games.
I hope to get
I also hope to get plenty of responses, logically, if there are over 700,000K on Reach a day, there has to be at least a hundred or so here that like some aspects of it. Or are there not even that many members on here yet that post? I dunno.

If anyone wishes to come in here and be rude and try to start flame wars with the reasons given, I will report you. This isn’t the thread, section, or forum for that.

I’m not really ‘content’ with Reach. In fact, Reach is the Halo game that pushed me away from my Halo addiction and now I’m back onto the sweet teats of Quake. I didn’t like Reach’s campaign and I don’t like the idea of AAs or bloom. The only reason I’ve played it for as long as I have is due to forge; I love it! Making, sharing and collabarating with others on maps is just a ton of fun. The game itself is by no means bad, but I just don’t find it as addicting as past Halos.

I love Reach, My favorite Halo.

-All the weapons in Reach have a purpose and feel awesome.
-I like the skill involved in learning the weapons. Although people don’t like the random element of bloom I love bloom and the depth involved in handling each weapon.
-I also like the themes and design of the maps.
-I love firefight in Reach.
-Reach has my favorite campaign, it feels expertly crafted.
-Reach has elites, and implements them amazingly well. It also has the largest feature set of all the Halo.
-The falcon is an amazing vehicle.
-I like the addition of armor abilities and the mechanics they add to the sandbox.
-Reach has been supported very very well.
-DMR is great, AR is great, and the pistol is great.
-awesome Easter eggs.
-armor customization.
-Theater.
-FORGE and forge world.
-crazy with the brutes, crazy with the hunters, crazy with the elites, new grunt variation.
-varied environments.

But I would never say that there are Halo games that I don’t like, they all have similar core gameplay with meaningful differences and are all amazing games. I CANT WAIT FOR HALO 4.

Yeah, there are really so many options in Forge. You can do so much if you just think, in fact just yesterday I was playing The Cage on Tempest, and the actually playing map wasn’t new but a simple change of scenery and sound did so much for the map!

Or have you seen those overlimit cities? They are huge. I’ve played BTB in them and it’s the funnest thing.

Edit: I got ninja’d. I agree with just about everything! But I can say the Elites…well, difficulty in Reach only improves cheapness of enemies. They can have automatic concussion rifles, never reload, bah…in CE, Elites had a brain! But nonetheless beating Reach on Legendary, especially with skulls is still no easy feat!

I like Forge :stuck_out_tongue:

Everything else is meh. Campaign disagrees with previously established canon (PoA on Reach, Reach being invaded in game for weeks when in reality it fell in hours, etc) Bloom was poorly done on the DMR, Armor Abilities are unbalanced since some are exponentially more useful than others, grenades are mininukes that dont bounce allowing players who arent experienced with throwing mechanics land grenades almost perfectly (Dont even start me on their homing abilites…) movement speed and jump height are lowered and almost all the Bungie made maps play terribly (Its a shame that the community can make better maps than a company who set the standards for a fps on the console.) Custom Games had less options than in Halo3 (WTF???) and party viewing was removed from theater. Firefight gave more options but at the same time didnt feel like a battle for survival.

IMO Reach had amazing potential. Going back to some of the style of CE was a good move but things like AAs and Bloom ruined it for me and many others. I give Bungie credit for having the guts to try something new but it didnt work out how it shouldve.

Dont fix whats not broken.

I guess that post did go with the thread, but you should have elaborated more on what you liked.

The movement speed is actually second fastest in the games, and there are more custom game options, it is just that Reach shipped with a few broken ones or missing. This was fixed by our lovely ex Funigneer Jeremiah! You’ll be missed… :frowning:

The reason I like Forge is self-explanatory. Never in a Halo game has a member of the community had the ability to craft such amazing maps-Hell some if not all of the community maps are superior to those made by Bungie.

I also forgot to say I like Invasion a lot. Its an amazing objective type gamemode which was extremely hyped up. The sad thing is that Invasions gone down hill since the beta with Elites getting a serious nerf to their physical abilites and some of their weapons making almost any game dominated by the Spartans.

Community Playlists were also really fun. Finally we have playlists for gametypes like Grifball and Infection and even a playlist that tries to emulate the settings of previous Halo games.

I love Forge and Custom Games. Both have huge potential. I also like BTB as long as it’s objective. When it comes to BTB objective, loving would be a bit too strong word, I still like it. I’d still take any other Halo with these additions over Reach.

I enjoy the game just like I have enjoyed H1, H2, H3, H3: ODST before it.

I for one have liked all the Halo games, it make s pleasant change to play something different from game to game. I certainly would feel bored if I was playing the same game with different graphics game in and game out. Halo isn’t Call Of Duty and needs not to be a carbon copy of the game or games before it.

I’m looking forward to Halo CEA and Halo 4. Hopefully there be another style of play, not like any of the games before it, hopefully a cross of all of them. The day of this game being made soley for the core gamer is over, we are going to have to accept that there is a bigger focus than ever towards the casual player and at best I’m betting Halo 4 will be a blend between Halo Reach and Halo 3.

Playlist preference, well thats BTB. I enjoy the vehicles and objective gametypes. maps like Boneyard and Spire, IMO shouldn’t be in the playlist along with BTB snipers.

Me, I just want to keep playing, AL is a $%#^& but it’s not going to stop me playing the franchise I enjoy.

I’ll admit, I didn’t really enjoy Reach from the release. So I sold it. But then I decided to rebuy it.

Selling it was a big mistake for me.

Forge, Custom Games, Easter Eggs and a few MM Playlists (SWAT, Team Snipers) are keeping me with Reach. I still play the odd game of Halo 3 but I really like Reach and I hope 343 will change it for the best. :slight_smile:

Reach isn’t a Halo experience. Halo was designed to be a simple FPS, but reach changed that with the addition of armor abilities, bloom, and the lack of good maps.
The previous halo games, I think, are much better, due to the fact that they could accomodate (can’'t spell that word) anyone’s playing style. In halo reach, you must work more as a team, which I don’t like. In addition to that, the players I play with are completely AWFUL. Not most of the time, not some of the time, ALL of the time. I get stuck with people that betray me for weapons or vehicles, or people that don’t know how to use them. They made the sniper an anti-vehicle weapon which makes absolutely no sense. It seems like most of the people that play reach have no idea on how to do so, And others worship reach and don’t seem to think it has any flaws whatsoever.
I mean, don’t get me wrong, I play Reach a little bit, and it has its fun moments. But I don’t like its new graphical style where everything is more dull, as opposed to halo 3’s glossier look.
Halo Reach’s campaign was dreadful. Not to play, but the story. The campaign starts instantly, And you don’t know anything about the characters, unless I guess you read the books, which I don’t. All you know is that they are spartans, and that you get sent off on a simple radar problem mission, and you end up with freaking covenant everywhere, where a few hours game time later you send off humanities last hope (the AI, Cortana) in a giant ship, where it leaves off where Halo 1 began. I don’t really find out anything about the characters, I don’t think of any of those spartans as nearly as awesome as Master Chief, And I really just want nothing more then a story that’s twice as developed as it currently is. What about producing the spartans in the FIRST PLACE! where did they come from? where was noble 6 before he came to reach? how many spartans are on reach? WHO IS NOBLE TEAM! what where they doing before reach was attacked! why did the covenant want the humans dead so badly? why couldn’t they just sneak in and take their artifact and leave? Why didn’t they evacuate the planet before the invading army starting wrecking face on cities? Why does is seem like noble team is the only group actively doing anything? why doesn’t the UNSC just hijack the giant ships instead of blowing them up! Why don’t the UNSC just leave the planet instead of trying to defend, since all hope was obviously lost? why does noble 6 sacrifice himself instead of a group of marines and/or odsts?? how does The other last spartan Not notice the elite with the sword behind him? why didn’t he just shoot down the phantom before it even got over to him? Why didn’t the pillar just take off while i was getting up to the gun and while i was shooting down all the phantoms with it? why didn’t someone just wait in a pelican to pick up noble six RIGHT AFTER he shot down the cruiser? CAN WE LEARN SOMETHING MORE ABOUT THE SPARTANS AND THE SPARTAN PROGRAM PLEASE! Why did a single needle kill kat? Why does carter sacrifice himself instead of just jumping out after aiming at the scarab?

Well, you know what im saying. haha. But anyway, reach doesn’t fit my bill at all.

At first I liked the idea of AA’s until I realized how unnecessarily tough it was making things. Sprint sounded like my favorite idea but since it takes longer to kill in this game, it only breaks the matchups just a little bit more.

What I do like about Reach is Firefight. More options, more varieties–it’s fun. Matchmaking FF is great to play when people are actually playing and communicating and having fun. My favorite playlist hands down. I’m a fan of campaign too. It was fun.

I’m in love with certain playlists on Reach. But not the entire game itself. It’s taking me forever to understand the DMR even though I get it in theory and the inconsistency of map selections makes the learning curve all the more unnecessarily harder.

I’m pretty sure everybody who says they’re content with Reach and that it’s “TEH BEST HALO EVAR MAI FAVORITE ONE” are only saying it because it is the newest Halo.

> I got a question, for the very few of you who are on this forum.
>
>
> Why are you content with it? What makes you love Reach so?
>
>
> I’m sure most of you will know I’m not trying to be provocative or instigate in a clever way to start a flame war, because I myself am one of the people who like Reach how it is.
>
>
>
> But I just want different views on why people like the game, since it IS such a different beast than the past games.
> I hope to get
> I also hope to get plenty of responses, logically, if there are over 700,000K on Reach a day, there has to be at least a hundred or so here that like some aspects of it. Or are there not even that many members on here yet that post? I dunno.
>
>
> If anyone wishes to come in here and be rude and try to start flame wars with the reasons given, I will report you. This isn’t the thread, section, or forum for that.

reach is a good game, sure. when you compare its mechanics to any previous halo game, however, it quickly looses much of its grandeur. reach is a very polished, nice looking game. it has brought many things to the table, but advancements as far as the core game mechanics go was not one of these things.

have you ever heard the saying “dont fix what isnt broken”? apparently bungie has never heard of this saying.

see, its not that things changed, its that they got WORSE. its pretty hard to argue that the reach melee system is better than the melee system in H3. its also pretty hard to argue that the grenades arent basically mini nukes. on top of that we have the DMR which WANTS you to pace your shots to win the majority of the time (over 75%), but if you do you will still be beaten by someone who makes no effort to play the game as intended by full auto spamming. then we have things like jet pack removing the concept of map control, and armor lock. see? i dont even have to explain armor lock because every single person knows its horrible, and knows exactly whats wrong with it. heck, i bet i could have just said

-bloom
-grenades
-armor lock
-jet pack
-DMR bloom

and you would have known exactly what most people think is wrong with these.

reach is a good game, but as far as halo goes, its hardly a swansong. more like an epic disappointment.

Its not that I am content with reach, there are some things I would like to see come and go, but I do love the game, and I think it is the best halo to date.

I love halo reach Living Dead playlist!!! I just wish halo 3 had one :frowning:

i like forge, theater and customs.

everything else is meh.

Firefight. Sure, its repetitive, but its better then playing the online multiplayer…

> -Reach has been supported very very well.

wut

Again. I sold my xbox because of Reach and went to Golden eye 007 on the WII. If that says how much I like Reach.