Thorne Wears Ricochet Forearms!?

I don’t know if anyone has noticed this…

You know Gabriel Thorne, from Majestic, in Spartan Ops, how he wears Recruit armor? Well, turns out that this newbie has been wearing Ricochet Forearms 9 months before we have!

Ricochet Armor

Gabriel Thorne

What do you guys think?

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst224636_The-Ricochet-Forearms.aspx

Made a post about this earlier but I surprisingly got no replies. It’s not just Thorne, but it’s the Spartans we see in Campaign and Spartan Ops, and even the promo pics as well.

Wow, why the hell does Thorne get early access to DLC and it works in Spartan Ops? :stuck_out_tongue:

mhm OOmpa there was another post like yours a while back before the release, apparently the ricochet forearms and legs were the orignal deign for recruit as all spartan models have them in display.

The “Ricochet” arms are nothing more than the REAL Recruit arms, but with a different skin. Thorne, several other members of Majestic, and the Spartan-IV NPCs can be seen wearing this unreleased armor piece.

Now that you guys say that…

I went to Google, typed in Halo 4 Spartans, and the pictures 343i showed before Halo 4 was released also shows Spartans, in Multiplayer, wearing Ricochet Forearms. Wow.

The Ricochet forearms are bulkier and more square, with different nuts, bolts and plate designs, with white stripes down the length of every other side. Thorne’s arms don’t quite match that description enough to call them Ricochets, too many differences. Maybe the design was based off Thorne’s arms, but they aren’t the same.

> mhm OOmpa there was another post like yours a while back before the release, apparently the ricochet forearms and legs were the orignal deign for recruit as all spartan models have them in display.

> The “Ricochet” arms are nothing more than the REAL Recruit arms, but with a different skin. Thorne, several other members of Majestic, and the Spartan-IV NPCs can be seen wearing this unreleased armor piece.

Now I’m just wondering, why did they change the pieces? What was the point of doing so?

The Recruit forearm piece we have today originally belonged to the Warrior set, and still does although retaining its name.

Looks like Recruit to me.

Heres a quick test I am going to do. If the armor was already in the game. Then maybe it can be used in Spartan ops.

Edit:Well the armor can not be used on missions with spartans wearing them

Never mind. I was wrong. But they are very similar. The legs

Ack, wrong button.

Anyways that explains Thorne’s suit… He’s a Ricochet player and not just a field Spartan.

> Ack, wrong button.
>
>
> Anyways that explains Thorne’s suit… He’s a Ricochet player and not just a field Spartan.

Probably why he’s the best member of Majestic <.<

There was a lot of armour cut from the game, and the cutscenes were made before the game shipped. Which is why you’ll see Thorne with the old Recruit arms and an unidentified shoulder guard, DeMarco with the cut Soldier arms and legs, and Madsen wearing the cut Recon legs.

> There was a lot of armour cut from the game, and the cutscenes were made before the game shipped. Which is why you’ll see Thorne with the old Recruit arms and an unidentified shoulder guard, DeMarco with the cut Soldier arms and legs, and Madsen wearing the cut Recon legs.

Um just making a note here. Does that mean 343i are giving us the cutting floor of the game. I mean stuff that was cut.

Speaking of Ricochet armor, the grieves are simply Recruit with some parts removed o.o

> Speaking of Ricochet armor, the grieves are simply Recruit with some parts removed o.o

Indeed they are.

> > There was a lot of armour cut from the game, and the cutscenes were made before the game shipped. Which is why you’ll see Thorne with the old Recruit arms and an unidentified shoulder guard, DeMarco with the cut Soldier arms and legs, and Madsen wearing the cut Recon legs.
>
> Um just making a note here. Does that mean 343i are giving us the cutting floor of the game. I mean stuff that was cut.

One armour component is hardly the cutting floor. We still don’t have MkIV armour. Take a look at the Art of Halo 4. It’s there. In all its Halo Wars cutscene glory.