thorn, master cheifs brother?

Ive been thinking about this alot latley. It seemed rather LUCKY thorn got out of that corner attack in the season 2 commercial of SP Ops. Would be interesting also if cheif somehow found out. Maybe through the debriefing he is getting with oni or someone? Pretty sure 343 could get much deeper in this matter.
It would be nice to see him step up to the plate and see what he does if him and mc go on missions together. Would he take the big brother role and try as much as he can to protect thorn? This would be good development for mc’s humanity I think also. Just my opinion.

Thorn is from New Phoesnix on Earth and Jon is from a whole other planet.

Also, that’s not SpOps season 2, it’s the continuation of season 1, and still free!

> Thorn is from New Phoesnix on Earth and Jon is from a whole other planet.

This pretty much sums it up. And as for Thorne’s “luck” I’d say that it was more skill that got him out of that situation not luck. If it were MC in that situation he certainly wouldn’t be able to fight his way out of it (he got owned by one elite in an energy sword duel in Halo Legends so I doubt he could fight that many of them) he would just have something crazy happen that would save him or give him a chance to run away and escape. So they seem pretty different to me at the moment.

-Yoink!-, hit quote instead of edit. Sorry for the double post.

> > Thorn is from New Phoesnix on Earth and Jon is from a whole other planet.
>
> This pretty much sums it up. And as for Thorne’s “luck” I’d say that it was more skill that got him out of that situation not luck. If it were MC in that situation he certainly wouldn’t be able to fight his way out of it (he got owned by one elite in an energy sword duel in Halo Legends so I doubt he could fight that many of them) he would just have something crazy happen that would save him or give him a chance to run away and escape. So they seem pretty different to me at the moment.

You never played halo CE did you? MC went through plenty of Elites in that game.

> > > Thorn is from New Phoesnix on Earth and Jon is from a whole other planet.
> >
> > This pretty much sums it up. And as for Thorne’s “luck” I’d say that it was more skill that got him out of that situation not luck. If it were MC in that situation he certainly wouldn’t be able to fight his way out of it (he got owned by one elite in an energy sword duel in Halo Legends so I doubt he could fight that many of them) he would just have something crazy happen that would save him or give him a chance to run away and escape. So they seem pretty different to me at the moment.
>
> You never played halo CE did you? MC went through plenty of Elites in that game.

As a matter of fact I have played Halo: CE.

I’m not saying that elites>MC in general I’m just saying that in that particular situation I wouldn’t put the odds in favor of MC. It’s well known that he isn’t a particularly skilled spartan, it is his luck that get him through and that’s why I said I doubt he would defeat them but he would more likely escape them. If it were Fred I’d be more inclined to think he’d give them a whooping.

Here is energy sword duel I was talking about in case you hadn’t seen it before.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y2RnxUxwBI#t=011m20s

Like I was saying before his lack of skill nearly gets him killed but his luck saves him.

An incredibly skilled elite vs. a spartan thats prolly never even used an energy sword before.

Yea, pretty even matchup id say. /eyeroll

Maybe. But I still personally don’t think MC could defeat at least seven elites with energy swords (you see seven on screen, there may be more off screen) while he himself is unarmed. Not saying that he would be killed I just think he would survive through some “lucky” interruption to the encounter. I guess we will never really know how he would fare though.

>
> This pretty much sums it up. And as for Thorne’s “luck” I’d say that it was more skill that got him out of that situation not luck. If it were MC in that situation he certainly wouldn’t be able to fight his way out of it (he got owned by one elite in an energy sword duel in Halo Legends so I doubt he could fight that many of them) he would just have something crazy happen that would save him or give him a chance to run away and escape. So they seem pretty different to me at the moment.

You do realize that the elites Thorne was fighting were nothing special right? Ranks vary in the covenant and the higher the rank the more skillful the elite usually is. The Sangheili usually get promoted based off how many kills they can wrack up. The elite John fought was clearly very skilled and he even managed to kill a Spartan 2(Sheila). And Thorne clearly didn’t fight off all those Elites seeing as we found Thorne’s tags. Episode 5 made it quite clear that he was captured.

> > > > Thorn is from New Phoesnix on Earth and Jon is from a whole other planet.
> > >
> > > This pretty much sums it up. And as for Thorne’s “luck” I’d say that it was more skill that got him out of that situation not luck. If it were MC in that situation he certainly wouldn’t be able to fight his way out of it (he got owned by one elite in an energy sword duel in Halo Legends so I doubt he could fight that many of them) he would just have something crazy happen that would save him or give him a chance to run away and escape. So they seem pretty different to me at the moment.
> >
> > You never played halo CE did you? MC went through plenty of Elites in that game.
>
> As a matter of fact I have played Halo: CE.
>
> I’m not saying that elites>MC in general I’m just saying that in that particular situation I wouldn’t put the odds in favor of MC. It’s well known that he isn’t a particularly skilled spartan, it is his luck that get him through and that’s why I said I doubt he would defeat them but he would more likely escape them. If it were Fred I’d be more inclined to think he’d give them a whooping.
>
> Here is energy sword duel I was talking about in case you hadn’t seen it before.
>
> www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y2RnxUxwBI#t=011m20s
>
> Like I was saying before his lack of skill nearly gets him killed but his luck saves him.

You’re clearly very ignorant of Halo lore if you really believe that.

Chief aside from Noble 6 is the only spartan to have the “Hyper Lethal” tag placed upon him. Noble 6 managed to whoop several high ranking elites before his death. Halsey stated that she believed John had the skill to one day lead the entire spartan 2 program.

And as Madman said, Chief had probably never used an energy sword before that fight, so saying he’s not skilled because he lost a duel against an elite who uses an energy sword for a living is quite laughable.

> You do realize that the elites Thorne was fighting were nothing special right? Ranks vary in the covenant and the higher the rank the more skillful the elite usually is. The Sangheli usually get promoted based off how many kills they can wrack up. The elite John fought was clearly very skilled and he even managed to kill a Spartan 2(Sheila). And Thorne clearly didn’t fight off all those Elites seeing as we found Thorne’s tags. Episode 5 made it quite clear that he was captured.

Yes I know they are low ranked elites, they are still deadly in their own right though especially in a pack like that against an unarmed spartan. Also just because they are low ranked doesn’t mean they are unskilled they all have to start some where and there may be a spectacular swordsmen among them soon to blaze through the ranks and the Sangheili that defeated John I’d think was no less deadly at a lower rank than he was at the rank was in Halo Legends.

> And as Madman said, Chief had probably never used an energy sword before that fight, so saying he’s not skilled because he lost a duel against an elite who uses an energy sword for a living is quite laughable.

Point taken on this.

> > You do realize that the elites Thorne was fighting were nothing special right? Ranks vary in the covenant and the higher the rank the more skillful the elite usually is. The Sangheli usually get promoted based off how many kills they can wrack up. The elite John fought was clearly very skilled and he even managed to kill a Spartan 2(Sheila). And Thorne clearly didn’t fight off all those Elites seeing as we found Thorne’s tags. Episode 5 made it quite clear that he was captured.
>
> Yes I know they are low ranked elites, they are still deadly in their own right though especially in a pack like that against an unarmed spartan. Also just because they are low ranked doesn’t mean they are unskilled they all have to start some where and there may be a spectacular swordsmen among them soon to blaze through the ranks and the Sangheili that defeated John I’d think was no less deadly at a lower rank than he was at the rank was in Halo Legends.

Where did I ever say they were unskilled? I just said that they were nothing special.

The Sangheili are promoted through the ranks based on their skill, abilities, and the amount of kills they wrack up, so yes, a higher ranked Sangheili would be more skilled than a lower ranked one. That’s how the Covenant’s ranking structure works.

> Where did I ever say they were unskilled? I just said that they were nothing special.
>
> The Sangheili are promoted through the ranks based on their skill, abilities, and the amount of kills they wrack up, so yes, a higher ranked Sangheili would be more skilled than a lower ranked one. That’s how the Covenant’s ranking structure works.

I never said you called them unskilled. It was probably a poor choice of words. What I was trying to get across was that even though they may not be “special” relative to a higher ranked elite they are still dangerous and competent soldiers and fighters in their own right and relative to many other soldiers. And there may also be that odd one out that is a prodigy, when he is promoted he is no more dangerous then before he got promoted he just has some new armor and a title. All I’m saying is that there maybe low ranked elites who out skill higher ranked elites and just haven’t been promoted yet.

> > Where did I ever say they were unskilled? I just said that they were nothing special.
> >
> > The Sangheili are promoted through the ranks based on their skill, abilities, and the amount of kills they wrack up, so yes, a higher ranked Sangheili would be more skilled than a lower ranked one. That’s how the Covenant’s ranking structure works.
>
> I never said you called them unskilled. It was probably a poor choice of words. What I was trying to get across was that even though they may not be “special” relative to a higher ranked elite they are still dangerous and competent soldiers and fighters in their own right and relative to many other soldiers. And there may also be that odd one out that is a prodigy, when he is promoted he is no more dangerous then before he got promoted he just has some new armor and a title. All I’m saying is that there maybe low ranked elites who out skill higher ranked elites and just haven’t been promoted yet.

There’s a whole lot of speculation in this post, which doesn’t add up to much. Fact is that the Sanheili ranking structure is based upon skill, ability, and kill count, so logically higher ranked ones will be more skilled than lower ranked ones.

There could possibly be prodigies, but we certainly haven’t seen any low ranked prodigy Sangeheili and thus is just speculation, which as I said doesn’t add up to much. All the greatly skilled Sangheili we’ve seen are high ranked. Thel(was a supreme commander before falling and becoming the Arbiter), Rtas, Ripa(was a commander before becoming the Arbiter), etc, etc.

>
> Also, that’s not SpOps season 2, it’s the continuation of season 1, and still free!

Totally forgot about this.
And in halo legends cheif fights a very skilled elite if im not mis taken.

Wow I feel like an idiot I just woke up saw the first comment on this thread & missed the entire first part of the thread…

I mentioned this before goofing around but…

>
> Also, that’s not SpOps season 2, it’s the continuation of season 1, and still free!

And where was the safest place to be during the war?
Let me tell you… EARTH!
It’s not act like there arent space ships that wouldnt let people travel from planet to planet in this universe.

Someone actually thinks John-117 is unskilled? What blasphemy is this, you do realize that was the first time John had actually had a conflict with a Elite that was crazy enough to toss him a Energy Sword do you not?

It was also a changing point in how John felt about certain things and he did indeed work to become stronger, and it is well known that the Elite he did fight is one of the strongest amongst them.

You cant base every time John-117 survives on luck, he has done plenty to show that he does not need luck to survive and he is known to be one of the most skilled Spartans.

> >
> > Also, that’s not SpOps season 2, it’s the continuation of season 1, and still free!
>
> Totally forgot about this.
> And in halo legends cheif fights a very skilled elite if im not mis taken.

And got his -Yoink- kicked in the process. Not the first time either.

> I mentioned this before goofing around but…
>
>
>
>
> >
> > Also, that’s not SpOps season 2, it’s the continuation of season 1, and still free!
>
> And where was the safest place to be during the war?
> Let me tell you… EARTH!
> It’s not act like there arent space ships that wouldnt let people travel from planet to planet in this universe.

Good point but that would be absolutely ridiculous IMO and it’s definitely unlike 343 to do something like this. He’s a good Spartan, and that’s it. Why should it be more than that?

> > > Thorn is from New Phoesnix on Earth and Jon is from a whole other planet.
> > >
> > > Also, that’s not SpOps season 2, it’s the continuation of season 1, and still free!
> >
> > Totally forgot about this.
> > And in halo legends cheif fights a very skilled elite if im not mis taken.
>
> And got his -Yoink!- kicked in the process. Not the first time either.

RIDICULOUS OBJECTION: That was in 2544 (if I’m not mistaken). Chief can easily become a much better bad–Yoink- in 13 years.