This update has downloaded over 6GB and is at 100%

So, I turned my Xbox One on today to continue building a map I’ve spent three or four hours on to find it was downloading an update. It said “Updating… 100%” so I figured great, it’s almost done and I can jump right in. I went about doing a few things out of my room for a good fifteen minutes to give the update time to finish properly.

I come back in…and see it’s still at 100%. It still says it’s updating.

Fine. No big deal. I turned off my TV and left my Xbox running. Two hours pass and I come back in, turn my TV on, and see…it’s still at “Updating… 100%”.

Thinking that can’t be right, I check the bandwidth usage in settings on the Xbox and yeah…I’ve been downloading almost 3 gigs of data. But it’s still not finished and I don’t know why.

So I turned my TV off again and went out to see a movie. I come back, turn my TV on and it still tells me it’s at 100%. Turning the console off and on doesn’t help. Unplugging it doesn’t help. I’ve downloaded almost 7 gigs of data and nothing has come of it.

What’s going on?

Is the data corrupted? I would be…disappointed if I had to reinstall the game, but I would be absolutely furious if I lost all that work I put into the map I was building. Is there a way I can save the map file, transfer it or my account to an external storage device, and reinstall the game?

And why is this update completely ruining my bandwidth limit? I thought it was only like a gig…

Bump.

My game is 59.1GB, I downloaded the patch, but it hasn’t helped at all. The patch was only around 1400mb 1.4GB, so you are downloading too much.

Sounds like a hard reset would have been in order. Not sure. At this point of it really did launch over 60 gigs at you; you might need to uninstall, and re-downloaded.

> 2533274813733147;3:
> My game is 59.1GB, I downloaded the patch, but it hasn’t helped at all. The patch was only around 1400mb 1.4GB, so you are downloading too much.

Yeah, I know.

Is there anyway to reinstall without killing all of my saved maps/gametypes?

Next time it downloads an extra 4.5 GB, turn your Xbox off immediately. This is a classic example of programming errors: forgetting to close an input stream. In other words, the download finished a while ago, but, for some reason, the connection for the download never ended and your Xbox was caught in an infinite loop of downloading a massive amount of nothing.

(Or stray packets being sent across the Internets containing stray data that may or may not be a massive security hole which is why you should ALWAYS close a stream when you’re done with it. Who ever coded that pos should really go back to 4th grade.)

Oh, and you probably don’t need to wipe your data for the game—just wait for the next patch or clear the game’s cache. (I’m not sure how to do the latter of the two)