This Title Update Better Be Groundbreaking

It’s going to take a miracle to turn this game in the right direction.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

It’s taking forever to come out of the closet. it must be breaking something

I would not hold my breath. I’d suspect some necessary updates with very few of the I’d like to have suggestions made by others.

It’s okay, 343i know what they’re doing.

We’re screwed.

I need more playlists and maps and stuff to do. I’m nearing SR130 and I doubt I’ll stick around too long if there isn’t anything new available. Maybe the ranking will keep me interested, who knows… GoW:J is just around the corner and I’m defo picking that up.

I’m hoping for a fileshare fix, added forge maps in matchmaking and whatever ranking system they were talking about adding. I’d be happy with those for now. Maybe I can live without the ranking update if they want to have it working properly before release.

EDIT: Oh adding more SR ranks would be nice.

I got sad news for ya if you are hoping for quick fixes to everything. It took them 3 years for them to give us something that had less features and options than the previous game before. It’s been 2 months and they haven’t even fixed the freaking file share that has been working for 6 years! They managed to release dlc though haha. It you want a huge TU update to fix everything, come back in 6 months because their sense of time is different then our sense.

> It’s going to take a miracle to turn this game in the right direction.

It’s so big it’ll break the foundations to the home you’re living in. lol

Your hopes are going to be crushed.

They’re not going to magically flip the game over and make it into something else like you seem to expect. The game will be the same but it will be a more balanced and refined version of what we already have. It won’t be an entire new game.

“The right direction” is an opinion, I love this game and it’s going to stay that way. Looking forward to the tweaks they bring.

> > It’s going to take a miracle to turn this game in the right direction.
>
> It’s so big it’ll break the foundations to the home you’re living in. lol

Damn I hope I have enough memory for that.

When is the Tu coming?

> This Title Update Better Be Groundbreaking

What title update?

You’re going to be so disappointed…

It’s not going to add anything, just fix a few thing such as weapons and exploits.

:frowning:

Hey,

I think this game is pretty good but the maps and the settings are just bad.

Instant Spaws are destroying the whole gameplay. In COD it´s working because noone has a shield. It is not working out in Halo because you are now able to kill an opponent after you lost a 1vs1 battle against him.

343 knows that the most people like big maps. BTB is always the playlist with the most players. There is just one problem: The other people are going to stop playing matchmaking because they hate big maps.

There is no 2vs2 playlist because 343 also knows that it makes no sense to play it on such big maps. And this part is pretty sad. 2vs2 Playlist is one of the oldest playlists ever in Halo but Im glad it isnt on yet. With those settings, instant spaws and random weapons on the map and those big maps, it wouldnt be fun at all to play this playlist.

I love playing MLG settings in older Halo versions but in Halo4 they are messing them up also. So you see it is not easy to find the right settings.
I think you should make a “pro” setting, with DMR and BR. DMR is a little bit stronger than the BR so you should give the BR loadout a better option of the loadouts.
And take out instant spaws: In a 2vs2 or 4vs4 game it is so important that people have to wait 5 sec. to respawn. If you are winning one battle your team has then an opportunity to take an adavantage and kill the whole other team. Because you are in a 2vs1 (4vs3)situation for a short time. With instant spaws you totally take this part out of the game. More dramatically is that this opponent can spawn right behind you in just 1 sec with full shields. You see there is a huge problem.

Pro settings are so important because the most people who will be playing this game in the future are players who want to win. Just 4 fun players are playing different games in the future.

So I really like this game but please take your time to make good settings.
And give us more small maps please.

I see the Forum Team are replying, but we have not heard for ages anything from BS ANGEL or any of the 343i team about this TU update or specs being unlocked, are they still on holiday???.

I am about to hit SR70 and the playlists are getting very boring indeed now, only Dominion is interesting now, they should add this into BTB along with capture the flag and one bomb as with the previous Halo games, community maps are really needed, file browser needs to work correctly,there are some great maps out there if you find them that could easily be added into Halo 4, I played Lockout MLG the other day made with Forge and it was great on Team SWAT.

Halo 4 also needs a new forge map similar to reach where anything can be built within reason.

I’m see the numbers dwindle almost everyday now so unless something exciting happens this month then I think I will write off what I paid for the map pack and say goodbye to Halo for good.

> I see the Forum Team are replying, but we have not heard for ages anything from BS ANGEL or any of the 343i team about this TU update or specs being unlocked, are they still on holiday???.
>
> I am about to hit SR70 and the playlists are getting very boring indeed now, only Dominion is interesting now, they should add this into BTB along with capture the flag and one bomb as with the previous Halo games, community maps are really needed, file browser needs to work correctly,there are some great maps out there if you find them that could easily be added into Halo 4.

Well they have been on holiday for the Xmas period, I think they are starting to trickle back into the office this week.

I’ve always wondered why game types like dominion, invasion or even Infection/flood weren’t 16 players. Just imagine the chaos with having a load of zombies after 1 guy running around valhalla, would be unreal. Big Team Objectives needs to come back, I love playing CTF on Valhalla, but there are too few players on a map that size.

I am cynical so I am expecting this TU to fix a few things but still leave the game mostly broken or unbalanced. Nothing 343i has done so far has given me any reason to believe the TU is going be revolutionary or amazing.

Still I love being surprised. Fingers crossed.

I dont think it matters what this title update does or brings to HALO4

Haters will hate no matter what

Were the other title updates ground breaking?

Its going to take a long while before Halo 4 becomes the game its suppose to be.

> I see the Forum Team are replying, but we have not heard for ages anything from BS ANGEL or any of the 343i team about this TU update or specs being unlocked, are they still on holiday???.

BS Angel is responding but she is only posting about cats or stuff that is already known. So her post aren’t that usefull. As for the other employees of 343i it seems like they find it more important to post on sites like reddit and neogaf than on their own site.

I currently don’t think that the TU will have much changes. Weapons will probably still be unbalanced. But one can hope right? Even if that hope is fading fast.