This thread isn't a plea to stop boosting, its asking WHY Waypoint hasn't stopped it.

We have given sufficient evidence concerning boosters in Halo Wars, and if we haven’t, can we know why?

Basically, why haven’t boosters been banned? What can we do to improve the evidence? Thank you.

Waypoint im not upset that you lied to the halowars community, im upset because now we can’t trust you.

I’m assuming no mod will come forth and answer the questions? Classic.

No, I’m just going to give the mods the benefit of the doubt and say they haven’t seen this thread yet.

I’ll forward this along to some folks and see if they can find some answers for you guys.

Why do most Halo players abhor boosting? When someone else get’s an achievement by boosting or legit it has no effect on you at all. I paid just as much for my game as you, why should I be banned because I’d rather play with my friends & move on to other games faster than sit on one game’s multiplayer for 250 hours? I play games for the achievements & it’s my business how I get them, not any of yours! If I game save then it becomes an issue.

Mind your own business, play games how you want to play them & allow us the same courtesy.

> Why do most Halo players abhor boosting? When someone else get’s an achievement by boosting or legit it has no effect on you at all. I paid just as much for my game as you, why should I be banned because I’d rather play with my friends & move on to other games faster than sit on one game’s multiplayer for 250 hours? I play games for the achievements & it’s my business how I get them, not any of yours! If I game save then it becomes an issue.
>
> Mind your own business, play games how you want to play them & allow us the same courtesy.

Because it is cheating and not how the game was built to be played, you are taking advantage and it does effect others because then they will be kicked out of their leader board spot. Just cause you dont wana play right doesnt mean the people who do should be punished.

That depends on if someone is truly affected by it. Am I affected by a full lobby of friends boosting achievements? No, and Bungie allows that. However, if I’m playing Grifball and you spawn camp and go only for kills, it’s detracting from my fun, whether your on my team or the opposing, it makes the game less fun.

Some people are also very proud of the legitimate time and work put forward to hitting the top of the leaderboard, for a couple of people to boost together just to hit the top robs them of their work.

I don’t mind harmless achievement boosting, but boosting for something in the game with the general public isn’t cool at all.

> > Why do most Halo players abhor boosting? When someone else get’s an achievement by boosting or legit it has no effect on you at all. I paid just as much for my game as you, why should I be banned because I’d rather play with my friends & move on to other games faster than sit on one game’s multiplayer for 250 hours? I play games for the achievements & it’s my business how I get them, not any of yours! If I game save then it becomes an issue.
> >
> > Mind your own business, play games how you want to play them & allow us the same courtesy.
>
> Because it is cheating and not how the game was built to be played, you are taking advantage and it does effect others because then they will be kicked out of their leader board spot. Just cause you dont wana play right doesnt mean the people who do should be punished.

And who are you to tell me that playing the game my way is wrong? I’m not after leaderboard status, just achievements & microsoft says that boosting is perfectly acceptable! Anyways, your definition of cheating is poor. For me to find a friend & trade max xp with him is far from cheating. There are far too many good games available for me to waste 200 hours on just one achievement when I can do it in 25 hours. You halo guys are ridiculous. Spend a little more time playing & less complaining on forums please.

Halo wars is a decent RTS but it & no other game I’ve encountered deserves as much multiplayer time as the developers ask for with their achievements. It’s a simple matter of I prefer to play with like minded people & boosting allows me that. I get my competitive kick from golf & have no interest in competitive multiplayer in my video games unless it’s with friends, old or new.

> > > Why do most Halo players abhor boosting? When someone else get’s an achievement by boosting or legit it has no effect on you at all. I paid just as much for my game as you, why should I be banned because I’d rather play with my friends & move on to other games faster than sit on one game’s multiplayer for 250 hours? I play games for the achievements & it’s my business how I get them, not any of yours! If I game save then it becomes an issue.
> > >
> > > Mind your own business, play games how you want to play them & allow us the same courtesy.
> >
> > Because it is cheating and not how the game was built to be played, you are taking advantage and it does effect others because then they will be kicked out of their leader board spot. Just cause you dont wana play right doesnt mean the people who do should be punished.
>
> And who are you to tell me that playing the game my way is wrong? I’m not after leaderboard status, just achievements & microsoft says that boosting is perfectly acceptable! Anyways, your definition of cheating is poor. For me to find a friend & trade max xp with him is far from cheating. There are far too many good games available for me to waste 200 hours on just one achievement when I can do it in 25 hours. You halo guys are ridiculous. Spend a little more time playing & less complaining on forums please.
>
> Halo wars is a decent RTS but it & no other game I’ve encountered deserves as much multiplayer time as the developers ask for with their achievements. It’s a simple matter of I prefer to play with like minded people & boosting allows me that. I get my competitive kick from golf & have no interest in competitive multiplayer in my video games unless it’s with friends, old or new.

You act like someone is forcing you to get achievements. If you don’t like the achievement, then don’t do it. That simple. No need to go over with a huge rant over how “this game isn’t worth is blah blah blah I’m lazy blah blah blah” and ruining the leaderboards, just don’t do it.

> > > > Why do most Halo players abhor boosting? When someone else get’s an achievement by boosting or legit it has no effect on you at all. I paid just as much for my game as you, why should I be banned because I’d rather play with my friends & move on to other games faster than sit on one game’s multiplayer for 250 hours? I play games for the achievements & it’s my business how I get them, not any of yours! If I game save then it becomes an issue.
> > > >
> > > > Mind your own business, play games how you want to play them & allow us the same courtesy.
> > >
> > > Because it is cheating and not how the game was built to be played, you are taking advantage and it does effect others because then they will be kicked out of their leader board spot. Just cause you dont wana play right doesnt mean the people who do should be punished.
> >
> > And who are you to tell me that playing the game my way is wrong? I’m not after leaderboard status, just achievements & microsoft says that boosting is perfectly acceptable! Anyways, your definition of cheating is poor. For me to find a friend & trade max xp with him is far from cheating. There are far too many good games available for me to waste 200 hours on just one achievement when I can do it in 25 hours. You halo guys are ridiculous. Spend a little more time playing & less complaining on forums please.
> >
> > Halo wars is a decent RTS but it & no other game I’ve encountered deserves as much multiplayer time as the developers ask for with their achievements. It’s a simple matter of I prefer to play with like minded people & boosting allows me that. I get my competitive kick from golf & have no interest in competitive multiplayer in my video games unless it’s with friends, old or new.
>
> You act like someone is forcing you to get achievements. If you don’t like the achievement, then don’t do it. That simple. No need to go over with a huge rant over how “this game isn’t worth is blah blah blah I’m lazy blah blah blah” and ruining the leaderboards, just don’t do it.

Your right but the gameplay is in the achievements for the xbox 360. My rant is about you elitists that think I should be banned for playing the game I paid for in the way I chose. That’s the issue! I never signed an agreement with Halo Wars saying I won’t boost. I can promise that if I receive a ban this will bring legal matters into the picture.

Everybody who plays on Xbox LIVE is binded by their Code of Conduct. Here’s a link should anybody want to read up on the specifics:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US//Legal/codeofconduct

PS: Less name calling as it pertains to your fellow forum goers and more respect, please. Thanks.

> > > > > Why do most Halo players abhor boosting? When someone else get’s an achievement by boosting or legit it has no effect on you at all. I paid just as much for my game as you, why should I be banned because I’d rather play with my friends & move on to other games faster than sit on one game’s multiplayer for 250 hours? I play games for the achievements & it’s my business how I get them, not any of yours! If I game save then it becomes an issue.
> > > > >
> > > > > Mind your own business, play games how you want to play them & allow us the same courtesy.
> > > >
> > > > Because it is cheating and not how the game was built to be played, you are taking advantage and it does effect others because then they will be kicked out of their leader board spot. Just cause you dont wana play right doesnt mean the people who do should be punished.
> > >
> > > And who are you to tell me that playing the game my way is wrong? I’m not after leaderboard status, just achievements & microsoft says that boosting is perfectly acceptable! Anyways, your definition of cheating is poor. For me to find a friend & trade max xp with him is far from cheating. There are far too many good games available for me to waste 200 hours on just one achievement when I can do it in 25 hours. You halo guys are ridiculous. Spend a little more time playing & less complaining on forums please.
> > >
> > > Halo wars is a decent RTS but it & no other game I’ve encountered deserves as much multiplayer time as the developers ask for with their achievements. It’s a simple matter of I prefer to play with like minded people & boosting allows me that. I get my competitive kick from golf & have no interest in competitive multiplayer in my video games unless it’s with friends, old or new.
> >
> > You act like someone is forcing you to get achievements. If you don’t like the achievement, then don’t do it. That simple. No need to go over with a huge rant over how “this game isn’t worth is blah blah blah I’m lazy blah blah blah” and ruining the leaderboards, just don’t do it.
>
> Your right but the gameplay is in the achievements for the xbox 360. My rant is about you elitists that think I should be banned for playing the game I paid for in the way I chose. That’s the issue! I never signed an agreement with Halo Wars saying I won’t boost. I can promise that if I receive a ban this will bring legal matters into the picture.

I don’t think legal matters will help you. If you affect other peoples fun they have every right to report you. If I came across someone boosting and ruining my fun you better believe I’d report them.

I think getting so defensive is a bad way to make a first impression on people. You can boost your achievements just fine without affecting other people. If you want to do it in matchmaking you are accepting the risk that you can get banned.

> We have given sufficient evidence concerning boosters in Halo Wars, and if we haven’t, can we know why?
>
> Basically, why haven’t boosters been banned? What can we do to improve the evidence? Thank you.

Apologies for missing the OP in my last response. We lost access to the Halo Wars leaderboards a few weeks ago when the back-end shifting started. Now that the last hiccup from that has been resolved, I imagine the leaderboards will be tackled next.

> > > Why do most Halo players abhor boosting? When someone else get’s an achievement by boosting or legit it has no effect on you at all. I paid just as much for my game as you, why should I be banned because I’d rather play with my friends & move on to other games faster than sit on one game’s multiplayer for 250 hours? I play games for the achievements & it’s my business how I get them, not any of yours! If I game save then it becomes an issue.
> > >
> > > Mind your own business, play games how you want to play them & allow us the same courtesy.
> >
> > Because it is cheating and not how the game was built to be played, you are taking advantage and it does effect others because then they will be kicked out of their leader board spot. Just cause you dont wana play right doesnt mean the people who do should be punished.
>
> And who are you to tell me that playing the game my way is wrong? I’m not after leaderboard status, just achievements & microsoft says that boosting is perfectly acceptable! Anyways, your definition of cheating is poor. For me to find a friend & trade max xp with him is far from cheating. There are far too many good games available for me to waste 200 hours on just one achievement when I can do it in 25 hours. You halo guys are ridiculous. Spend a little more time playing & less complaining on forums please.
>
> Halo wars is a decent RTS but it & no other game I’ve encountered deserves as much multiplayer time as the developers ask for with their achievements. It’s a simple matter of I prefer to play with like minded people & boosting allows me that. I get my competitive kick from golf & have no interest in competitive multiplayer in my video games unless it’s with friends, old or new.

Then dont get the achievements, why should you get them unlegitly when others worked for it? Also it doesnt matter if you “meant” not to steal the leaderboards but you are regardless. Why dont i make a baseball team and put everyone on steroids? Cause to your logic it doesnt matter if it is not the way it is meant to be played, it is how you exploite the game and enjoy your self and ruin it for others that worked hard, sorry but you dont deserve to do that or get the acheviment, i really would love for 343 to build a banhammer which would wipe boosters xp just like bungies does, It would be the best thing ever.

> I’ll forward this along to some folks and see if they can find some answers for you guys.

Thanks.

> > We have given sufficient evidence concerning boosters in Halo Wars, and if we haven’t, can we know why?
> >
> > Basically, why haven’t boosters been banned? What can we do to improve the evidence? Thank you.
>
> Apologies for missing the OP in my last response. We lost access to the Halo Wars leaderboards a few weeks ago when the back-end shifting started. Now that the last hiccup from that has been resolved, I imagine the leaderboards will be tackled next.

Well thats good to hear. Thank you for your response and for updating us on the situation.

I hope to hear from WayPoint soon considering many well thought out E-mails were written with sufficient(should be) to do away with at least some boosters.

Alls i can say is be patient, its not like they wont adress the problems.

i mean, you said you would last month. come on now. I know for a fact, proof (10 or more links a piece) has been sent in regarding the 4 top people in 2v2 party teams and still nothing has been done. It’s just annoying because I along with other top players are at the top of the leaderboards, just under these boosters, but we made it their legitimately and deserve our proper ranks. I am #5 for 2v2 party teams when I should be #1 but you guys decided not to ban or remove the boosters from the boards. i just don’t understand.

I will probably be banned from this site for this and the thread will probably be deleted, but at least i tried lol

Edit#1:

my post already got moved to this dead thread. thanks a lot =) (sarcasm)

Know whats awful?

Community members putting in the amount of effort they have with no result of boosters banned. Why do we have to do the work? Why is it our job to make the community better while 343 makes all the money?

And how are we supposed to provide proof with the crappy stats system? If you dont save the link to the game soon enough it gets lost forever.