This SERIOUSLY needs to be addressed.

So I made a different thread, and I kinda found the logical explanation. Feel free to read. IDK how to hyperlink so, copy and paste https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/db05ce78845f4120b062c50816008e5d/topics/spartan-ii-stats/163b0fca-384f-4f95-9edd-20e7cda0b153/posts?page=1

Okay, this will forever bother me unless someone can come up with a good explanation. Why does Chief look small with his armor on, compared to other soldiers wearing normal clothing. As big as his arms look with the suit on, the Marines with a layer or two of cotton look just as big. The armor is either a total of being only an inch thick, or his arms are smaller than the average human. Granted they have denser muscle fibers, and bones, but they are still physically big as well, WITH the denser tissue. I love the art style, but Spartans are massive. I know it looked nearly the same in the previous titles, 4, and 5 being the worst offender though, but I feel it needs a fix, unless someone can convince me, logically, and through cannon, otherwise.

Can 343 address this concern? If a production company for a Sonic movie can change the look of the main character in post, I think 343 should be able to as well with a year and a half left to release. I’m not asking for a change, unless there is no explanation as to why a Spartan 2 looks like they would have twigs for arms if taking a realistically thick piece of armor off.

Either way, I’m am HYPED. Just need an explanation.

Halo for life.

The marine comes up to Chief’s chest, so he’s about the right height. The armour looks bulky, which gives Chief a squatter appearance than his classic Mk V or Mk VI, or his new Mk VI.

I honestly don’t know what you mean.

I dont mean his height. Check his arms. If the armor is supposed to be thick for protection and all the tech sandwiched between the titanium plates, and his skin, than his arms would have to be tiny compared to an average human. His arms with the armor look to be the same diameter, or a hair more, than the marine wearing loose cloathing. If the marine is 6 ft tall than the height is fine obviously. Look at any body builder, or just a guy who works out and is stronger than the average gym rat, and tell me if adding a MJOLNIR suit would make the arms looks to be an average human arm size.

I don’t think he looks smaller than the pilot in the trailer

So I made a different thread, and I kinda found the logical explanation. Feel free to read. IDK how to hyperlink so, copy and paste https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/db05ce78845f4120b062c50816008e5d/topics/spartan-ii-stats/163b0fca-384f-4f95-9edd-20e7cda0b153/posts?page=1

Soldiers, general athletes and martial artist are slender in the most cases. Unnecessary bulk hampers mobility and endurance.

> 2533274945422049;7:
> Soldiers, general athletes and martial artist are slender in the most cases. Unnecessary bulk hampers mobility and endurance.

I mean, it all depends. There is no “general athlete”. Different sports require different physical standards, and if you look at boxing or MMA, even more so. Most infantry being slender is usually a symptom of regular infantry not really having to be in peak physical shape to do what they do. Spec Op guys, hell, even guys in Ranger Battalion get really big. Even then however, yes, they are not all gonna be HUGE, and you can be strong AF without tearing cloths every time you flex, but will still be bigger than your average infantry soldier. I personally know a guy who is a machine, but you’d never know it by looking at him, though another buddy of mine not only was at that level, but looked it as well, then he got sent home due to injuries. His unit was going for strength and size, so to each their own. But again, we ARE talking Spec Op’s here pertaining to Spartans. Them especially, and a majority of ODST’s are gonna be at their peak(for strength and size, ODST’s not as much, they can have their peak range from strength to endurance, and agility depending on what they do, but still greater than the average Marine). Spartans are gonna peak with pretty much every aspect of their individual physical capabilities. Point was that his arms with MJOLNIR looked only a bit larger than a pilots arms.

Regardless, I came up with a logical conclusion, to which I provided a link to in the OP which gives a solid explanation to the concern I expressed in the OP. In a nutshell, due to the lore, and what we see in the games, he is “skinny”, but his muscle density makes him double what you think he should weigh, and able to lift three times his body weight, so I answered my own questions. Think of Tom Holland. 5’8, 140 pounds. He looks skinny. Now imagine that physique looking exactly the same, but being 280 pounds. That is what we have going on with Spartans.

i think with a bit more spacing between the plates and stronger seperation between the plates and the undersuit ( so incorporation a bit more of the H4/5 design) The new armor would look even better. the new armor looks somewhat limited in its range of motion and speed. The halo wars 2 cutscene spartans have the right mixture between old bulk and new speed. this suit overcompensates a bit, but the overall look is good.