This Quote Gets Me Every Single Time

“Our duty as soldiers is to protect humanity. Whatever the cost.”

“You say that like soldiers and humanity are two different things. Soldiers aren’t machines. We’re just people.”

That is such a simple, yet deep quote. No other quote in video game history has ever actually made me stop and think, “Wow, that actually means something.” What are your opinions? Any other quotes you’d like to share?

“I know what the ladies like.” — Sergeant Johnson
Prophet of Truth: “No! I am the voice of the Covenant!”
Arbiter: “And so… You must be silenced.”

“Humanity’s imprisonment is a kindness!”

You know that’s a great point Because I thought this was a really great ending/dialogue. It really got me feeling like chief was a human being, something that was quite hard for me to actually believe before.

“This is the way the world ends.” --Cortana

Edit: Oh yeah and I like the Didact’s new one: “The Reclamation is upon us, and we are hopeless to stop it.”

> “I know what the ladies like.” — Sergeant Johnson
> Prophet of Truth: “No! I am the voice of the Covenant!”
> Arbiter: “And so… You must be silenced.”

I was speaking more of the sense of a Halo 4 quotes, though I won’t get mad at you due to Sergeant Johnson being such an awesome character.

“Usually the good Lord works in mysterious ways, but not today! This here is 66 tons of straight-up, HE-spewing, dee-vine intervention. If God is love, then you can call me Cupid!” Sergeant Johnson

> Edit: Oh yeah and I like the Didact’s new one: “The Reclamation is upon us, and we are hopeless to stop it.”

What’s so special about that one?

> > “I know what the ladies like.” — Sergeant Johnson
> > Prophet of Truth: “No! I am the voice of the Covenant!”
> > Arbiter: “And so… You must be silenced.”
>
> I was speaking more of the sense of a Halo 4 quotes, though I won’t get mad at you due to Sergeant Johnson being such an awesome character.

Thanks for clarifying. I Think there are alot of great quotes from Halo 4, simply due to the increased dialog, the characters just seemed more believable.

> > Edit: Oh yeah and I like the Didact’s new one: “The Reclamation is upon us, and we are hopeless to stop it.”
>
> What’s so special about that one?

Oh that one comes at the very end when you see chief’s face for the first time, and it seems like an iconic qoute that hints at the complexity of the “Reclaimer Saga”.

“This is the way the world ends”.

This (from H3 trailer) followed by that music… oh my god that was awesome.

“Reclaimer, when I indexed mankind for repopulation, I hid seeds from the Didact. Seeds that would lead to an eventuality…you are the culmination of a thousand lifetimes of planning.”

I really liked this whole cutscene, especially the wording of this dialogue.

> > > Edit: Oh yeah and I like the Didact’s new one: “The Reclamation is upon us, and we are hopeless to stop it.”
> >
> > What’s so special about that one?
>
> Oh that one comes at the very end when you see chief’s face for the first time, and it seems like an iconic qoute that hints at the complexity of the “Reclaimer Saga”.

It’s really about the Didact’s unwillingness to allow humanity to take up the Mantle, and it shows that Humanity filling the Forerunners’ place as stewards and defenders of the Galaxy is going to be a central theme in the next two games.

To the OP, it really is a fantastic quote. There are so many good lines from Halo 4, ranging from deep and meaningful, to clever, to straight-up badass.

Sargent Johnson From Halo 2 - “DONT MAKE ME TAKE OFF MY BELT!”

Ah… The laugh’s of that quote.

> Sargent Johnson From Halo 2 - “DONT MAKE ME TAKE OFF MY BELT!”
>
> Ah… The laugh’s of that quote.

I won’t lie… that made me pause the game and change my underwear the first time I heard it.

> It’s really about the Didact’s unwillingness to allow humanity to take up the Mantle, and it shows that Humanity filling the Forerunners’ place as stewards and defenders of the Galaxy is going to be a central theme in the next two games.

So, since humanity must now defend the galaxy… can we expect different enemy classes in the upcoming games? =D

That was the only line in the game that legitimately made me cry. I busted into tears when Chief reacted and the music kicked in.

This one from the easter egg in Spartan Ops, SO TRUE!

‘Ahhhh ahhh ahhh! The armor! It does NOTHING!’

> > It’s really about the Didact’s unwillingness to allow humanity to take up the Mantle, and it shows that Humanity filling the Forerunners’ place as stewards and defenders of the Galaxy is going to be a central theme in the next two games.
>
> So, since humanity must now defend the galaxy… can we expect different enemy classes in the upcoming games? =D

Who knows? Though I would hate to see Prometheans gone so soon. I’d expect later episodes of Spartan Ops to allude to Halo 5’s plot, and I don’t think 343 would scrap an enemy class that’s been so well received, so I’m pretty sure we’ll see more of the Prometheans in later games.

Del Rio: I… am ordering you… TO SURRENDER THAT A.I.
Chief: No sir.