This place is very friendly

Hello.

I came here from the Bungie.net forum, where I spent the last 2.5 years and the first thing I noticed is that people are a lot nicer and more reasonable here.

I’ve only been a Halo player for the last 3 years, but Destiny is the game that brought me to consoles (used to be a PC gamer before).
Anyway, after spending the last few years on b.net I expected people to just “tear me a new one” as soon as I posted my first topic here, because I haven’t been playing Halo games since I was 6 years old.
(I did try Halo: CE on PC when it released, but I just didn’t like it back then)

But that’s not the case here. People respect my opinion and whenever I’m wrong they don’t fly off the handle, but just write a nice comment to correct me.

There is no greater point to this post.
Just wanted to say I appreciate all of you nice people acting mature here. I feel very welcome :slight_smile:

<mark>Do not post inappropriate comments.</mark>

I’d like to say the Halo community has always been a pretty good/chill group if gamers, though some of the fan boys can be really cancerous lol, those are usually the only kinds you need to watch out for around here cause they can definitely argue like crazy

> 2533274928772127;2:
>

I fine with “arguing” a point, but people on b.net will just try and “stat shame” you if they don’t like what you wrote on there.

Like, someone writes “I think [this weapon] is a bit too strong” and the replies are something in the ballpark of “OMG u noob, -Yoink!- you have a 0.9 kd and you never finished a raid, KYS, go play Minecraft”, etc.
Even though everyone knows he’s right, but nobody wants to deal with it.

It’s like, if I wrote “I actually enjoyed playing both the Halo 4 campaign and Spartan Ops because that’s my first contact with the Halo games” and someone told me “OMG you suck, your opinion has no value because you didn’t stand in line until midnight when Halo 2 released and you should sell your Xbox because you’re not worthy of the magnificence that is the Halo universe”.
If anyone was to respond to that message here it would be something like “That’s cool man, but you need to try Halo 3 because you’ll probably enjoy it even more”

That’s the kind of thing I like about this place :slight_smile:

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274928772127;2:
> I’d like to say the Halo community has always been a pretty good/chill group if gamers, though some of the fan boys can be really cancerous lol, those are usually the only kinds you need to watch out for around here cause they can definitely argue like crazy

Lets be honest, ALL fanboys are cancerous.

> 2533274907200114;4:
> > 2533274928772127;2:
> >

Agreed.
It’s one thing to love a game, but it’s a whole other story to be blindly defensive about certain stuff.

I’m sure Halo: CE had fanboys that were salty when the BR showed up in Halo 2.
But luckily the internet was not as loud as it is today, so we were spared the walls of text describing just how wrong that decision was :slight_smile:
(and why they’re not buying the game)

> 2535427838849776;1:
> Hello.
>
> I came here from the Bungie.net forum, where I spent the last 2.5 years and the first thing I noticed is that people are a lot nicer and more reasonable here.
>
> I’ve only been a Halo player for the last 3 years, but Destiny is the game that brought me to consoles (used to be a PC gamer before).
> Anyway, after spending the last few years on b.net I expected people to just “tear me a new one” as soon as I posted my first topic here, because I haven’t been playing Halo games since I was 6 years old.
> (I did try Halo: CE on PC when it released, but I just didn’t like it back then)
>
> But that’s not the case here. People respect my opinion and whenever I’m wrong they don’t fly off the handle, but just write a nice comment to correct me.
>
> There is no greater point to this post.
> Just wanted to say I appreciate all of you nice people acting mature here. I feel very welcome :slight_smile:

Everyone’s voice and opinion is valid here no matter if is good or bad

People do stat shame on here, but it’s not allowed so that’s why it doesn’t happen as often. B.net has always been like that though even in the Halo days.

Haha I have noticed the same thing. While you can get help from some incredibly great people on this forum, the bungie forum is not the same at all. I love how community driven Halo is. Also the lore is way cooler…you’re basically the same as everything else DESTINY.

If someone hasn’t told you yet, WELCOME! And we’re glad you are here!

I’d say generally you can have a productive conversation on here and they are mostly positive aswell. But watch out for Sprint forums that’s all ill say :slight_smile:

Yeah, when it comes to how we want people to conduct themselves on a forum, b.net is a far cry from Waypoint.

People on b.net like to say that Waypoint is too “PC”, that the rules are too strict, that the monitors are power-hungry… >__>
But we just think that everyone can say whatever they need to say while being thoughtful, respectful, and on-topic. Totally reasonable expectation, imo. Also I’d prefer a monitor who is “too” vigilant to a Ninja who does nothing but move non-Destiny topics out of #Destiny (but not Destiny topics out of #Gaming. Talk about double standard).

The irony in the very first post on this thread being flagged is just too good… Anyway people here are generally not too bad. You’ll stumble upon a bad apple every once in a while, but all things considered its pretty pleasant around here which I think we owe mostly to the active and helpful Monitors. Glad your enjoying your stay.

> 2533274950162674;11:
> The irony in the very first post on this thread being flagged is just too good… Anyway people here are generally not too bad. You’ll stumble upon a bad apple every once in a while, but all things considered its pretty pleasant around here which I think we owe mostly to the active and helpful Monitors. Glad your enjoying your stay.

Yeah I noticed it’s a lot more civil here.

The thing about a forum like this is not just the admins doing their job but the users as well not really supporting that kind of behavior.

I’m all for a good laugh once in a while, but one does not feed the trolls or they never leave :slight_smile:

> 2535445555605570;8:
> Haha I have noticed the same thing. While you can get help from some incredibly great people on this forum, the bungie forum is not the same at all. I love how community driven Halo is. Also the lore is way cooler…you’re basically the same as everything else DESTINY.
>
> If someone hasn’t told you yet, WELCOME! And we’re glad you are here!

Thanks, I’m glad to be here :slight_smile:

I’ve been focusing more and more on Halo over the past couple of months, working my way up the legendary campaigns (doing H3 as we speak and then only Reach is left) so I’ll be sticking around for a long time hopefully.

Welcome aboard, Spartan!

Start with an easy 25 laps around the Infinity then report to your Squad Leader.

Probably a lot of it has to do with age. Since Halo is an older franchise, I wouldn’t be surprised if it has a more mature playerbase than other games.

> 2533274904158628;15:
> I wouldn’t be surprised if it has a more mature playerbase than other games.

Lol.

> 2533274796457055;16:
> > 2533274904158628;15:
> > I wouldn’t be surprised if it has a more mature playerbase than other games.
>
> Lol.

ok, since you’re a mod, you have to deal with a lot of immaturity, I get that. I probably don’t see as much of it for various reasons (I haven’t looked inside that sprint thread for example). When I used the word “mature” I strictly meant in terms of age, not necessarily behavioral maturity. I should have used the word older instead.

But my point is that compared to other video game franchises, I see more maturity here than I do in those other communities (for example I stopped looking at Miiverse when I played the new Zelda game simply because it was full of children). And that’s not the only one, I’ve seen other video game franchises with very toxic communities that I’d guess are primarily composed of children, so I was just making a connection with Halo being an older franchise. However I completely understand why you’re loling at my statement…

Edit: After I submitted this post, I realized Zelda is older than Halo which kind of invalidates my argument. I was like “oh crap Zelda is older than Halo, what am I saying?” But let me tell you what I see: here on Waypoint, someone makes a thread asking “What got you into Halo in the first place?” and 99% of the responses are “I started with Halo CE back in the day”. However, based on my experience in the Zelda community, that’s not happening. Most of the people there haven’t played the original Zelda game from 1986, in fact judging by their immaturity I wouldn’t be surprised if most of them were getting started with Breath of the Wild.

So maybe I was wrong about Halo being older. Instead, this could be happening: Halo isn’t as popular as it used to be, and not nearly as popular as Zelda. So maybe Waypoint has a higher percentage of diehard fans from the beginning? Just a thought.

> 2535424310227895;9:
> I’d say generally you can have a productive conversation on here and they are mostly positive aswell. But watch out for Sprint forums that’s all ill say :slight_smile:

So true! Don’t EVER go to a spring forum.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>

> Welcome aboard, Spartan!
>
> Start with an easy 25 laps around the Infinity then report to your Squad Leader.

Then ask for another one!

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>

> 2533274928772127;2:
> Do not post inappropriate comments. I’d like to say the Halo community has always been a pretty good/chill group if gamers, though some of the fan boys can be really cancerous lol, those are usually the only kinds you need to watch out for around here cause they can definitely argue like crazy

Oh my gosh this was fine…

OP, You have now witnessed…THE IRON HAND OF THE MONITOR!