This new "multiplayer suite"...

This phrase has been dropped multiple times by developers in interviews, Twitter responses and more. I’m curious as to what exactly they’re referring to. If it were just regular BTB, then I’m sure they wouldn’t have bothered with the fancy language. So it has to be something new.
For all we know, it could be those 32v32 or more battles people have been asking for for so long. Or it could be a massive online objective-based firefight. Anyone have any theories? I’ve got no freaking idea.

Cmon, guys, don’t make me bump this… Oh, too late.

I think you are misunderstanding the term suite. A suite in the modern computing world is simply an encompassing terms used to define a collection of different software features. Forge, PvP muliplayer, custom games, Firefight / Spartan Ops, etc. = the suite.

There will likely be more features not yet announced, but I would not read too much into the studio referring to MP as a suite.

Which is weird because I thought Bungie/343industries typically used the term “suite” for a collection of like-themed songs in a single track.

They could be talking about the music that multiplayer uses, too.

I want space battles.

> 2533274881015020;4:
> Which is weird because I thought Bungie/343industries typically used the term “suite” for a collection of like-themed songs in a single track.
>
> They could be talking about the music that multiplayer uses, too.

Musicians in general, in fact that’s one of the few definitions of the word “suite”.

Multiplayer “suite” doesn’t actually make sense semantically, but I suppose they are using it as a made-up synonym for “collection”.

Just got to wait for E3! Can’t wait! We shall see.