This needs to be fixed more then it did pre-update

The booting for betrayals in grifball. It’s insane. What I don’t understand is having no shields where it’s way easier to betray people then it was before, and still having a banhammer like this. A simple fix is just turn off friendly fire or fix the ban system. I don’t care if having betrayals in grifball is how it was in past versions, I really don’t give a -Yoink-.
I don’t want to be afraid to play grifball or use my hammer because of being booted for something like this. I don’t want to play a game and have to worry about stupid -Yoink- -Yoink- like this. I don’t want to play so passively to where I’ll only use my hammer if one of my 3 teammates are no where to be seen, and I’m not gonna spawn trap people I’m playing grifball to play -Yoinking!- grifball. Not to camp a spawn for 15 minutes. So please, fix the issue. It would make grifball a much, much, much more enjoyable experience. Personally besides this bug it’s the best version of grifball ever so please fix. :frowning:

I feel the same way. Betrayals in grifball should be expected to happen, it’s grifball!

I think a way to fix the issue would be to make it so that as long as you harm the enemy, it shouldn’t count towards your betrayal count. It would be a simple fix and it would allow you to play grifball like grifball while at the same time stop people from trolling and killing their teammates on purpose.

> 2535462337547146;1:
> The booting for betrayals in grifball. It’s insane. What I don’t understand is having no shields where it’s way easier to betray people then it was before, and still having a banhammer like this. A simple fix is just turn off friendly fire or fix the ban system. I don’t care if having betrayals in grifball is how it was in past versions, I really don’t give a -Yoink-.
> I don’t want to be afraid to play grifball or use my hammer because of being booted for something like this. I don’t want to play a game and have to worry about stupid -Yoink- -Yoink- like this. I don’t want to play so passively to where I’ll only use my hammer if one of my 3 teammates are no where to be seen, and I’m not gonna spawn trap people I’m playing grifball to play -Yoinking!- grifball. Not to camp a spawn for 15 minutes. So please, fix the issue. It would make grifball a much, much, much more enjoyable experience. Personally besides this bug it’s the best version of grifball ever so please fix. :frowning:

Ban related traffic goes in the ban thread which is linked in my signature.

Probably the most straightforward way to address the issue is to increase the betrayal threshold so it takes a larger number of team kills to trigger the boot screen.

As it stands, the game type is designed for custom game competitive league play, which is a far cry from the realities of open matchmaking.

> 2533274880633045;3:
> > 2535462337547146;1:
> > The booting for betrayals in grifball. It’s insane. What I don’t understand is having no shields where it’s way easier to betray people then it was before, and still having a banhammer like this. A simple fix is just turn off friendly fire or fix the ban system. I don’t care if having betrayals in grifball is how it was in past versions, I really don’t give a -Yoink-.
> > I don’t want to be afraid to play grifball or use my hammer because of being booted for something like this. I don’t want to play a game and have to worry about stupid -Yoink- -Yoink- like this. I don’t want to play so passively to where I’ll only use my hammer if one of my 3 teammates are no where to be seen, and I’m not gonna spawn trap people I’m playing grifball to play -Yoinking!- grifball. Not to camp a spawn for 15 minutes. So please, fix the issue. It would make grifball a much, much, much more enjoyable experience. Personally besides this bug it’s the best version of grifball ever so please fix. :frowning:
>
> Ban related traffic goes in the ban thread which is linked in my signature.

He’s not talking about banning he’s talking about Grifball betrayals which lead unnecessary booting.

I feel for you relic. I don’t have much of an opinion on this one way or the other since I rarely play Grifball. I do remember though that betrayals were disengaged or booting turned off, something to that affect, and the betraying was rampant. I did play a few games back then, and I was the most unenjoyable Halo I ever played.

The only way to fix this is to disable betrayal booting in Grifball.

Scrap betrayal booting or make it to where you have to get a high amount of betrayals to get kicked. Removing betrayals just gives people ways to exploit a map, that is FACT and something you should care about.

> 2533274863544717;5:
> > 2533274880633045;3:
> > > 2535462337547146;1:
> > > The booting for betrayals in grifball. It’s insane. What I don’t understand is having no shields where it’s way easier to betray people then it was before, and still having a banhammer like this. A simple fix is just turn off friendly fire or fix the ban system. I don’t care if having betrayals in grifball is how it was in past versions, I really don’t give a -Yoink-.
> > > I don’t want to be afraid to play grifball or use my hammer because of being booted for something like this. I don’t want to play a game and have to worry about stupid -Yoink- -Yoink- like this. I don’t want to play so passively to where I’ll only use my hammer if one of my 3 teammates are no where to be seen, and I’m not gonna spawn trap people I’m playing grifball to play -Yoinking!- grifball. Not to camp a spawn for 15 minutes. So please, fix the issue. It would make grifball a much, much, much more enjoyable experience. Personally besides this bug it’s the best version of grifball ever so please fix. :frowning:
> >
> > Ban related traffic goes in the ban thread which is linked in my signature.
>
> He’s not talking about banning he’s talking about Grifball betrayals which lead unnecessary booting.
>
> I feel for you relic. I don’t have much of an opinion on this one way or the other since I rarely play Grifball. I do remember though that betrayals were disengaged or booting turned off, something to that affect, and the betraying was rampant. I did play a few games back then, and I was the most unenjoyable Halo I ever played.

He’s complaining about being booted and getting a ban for killing his teammates, as indicated by the bolded passages. I understand that accidental betrayals are sometimes a thing in grifball, however if you’re killing enough of your teammates to get the boot option (which I believe is higher than in non-grifball game types) then you might want to look at your play style. I can play grifball without getting booted and I am distinctly average. Despite this I can be considerate, contribute to the match and win my fair share.

We know that grifball is broken when you remove friendly fire due among other things to some of the launching that can occur. We’ve also seen that with the system turned off the griefers have a field day as they can be -Yoinks!- and get away with everything without so much as a swat on the wrist. And that inevitably leads into endless cycles of kids betraying each other and claiming it was a reprisal. No good will come of that.

Disable friendly fire.

If you turn betrayal booting off it will just lead to trolling.

> 2535462337547146;1:
> I don’t want to play so passively to where I’ll only use my hammer if one of my 3 teammates are no where to be seen, and I’m not gonna spawn trap people I’m playing grifball to play -Yoinking!- grifball. Not to camp a spawn for 15 minutes.

Okay, so you won’t, what about the bunch of other people that will spawn trap people and betray endlessly?

You have to betray people 3 times in Grifball for someone to get the option to boot you.
I found it relatively easy to not betray in Grifball. Not blindly swinging is a good way to start. There also is a need to be less selfish to prevent betrayals. If you see a teammate about to strike down an enemy, going after the same enemy to try and yank the kill for yourself may end up leading to a betrayal.

> 2533274880633045;8:
> > 2533274863544717;5:
> > > 2533274880633045;3:
> > > > 2535462337547146;1:
> > > > The booting for betrayals in grifball. It’s insane. What I don’t understand is having no shields where it’s way easier to betray people then it was before, and still having a banhammer like this. A simple fix is just turn off friendly fire or fix the ban system. I don’t care if having betrayals in grifball is how it was in past versions, I really don’t give a -Yoink-.
> > > > I don’t want to be afraid to play grifball or use my hammer because of being booted for something like this. I don’t want to play a game and have to worry about stupid -Yoink- -Yoink- like this. I don’t want to play so passively to where I’ll only use my hammer if one of my 3 teammates are no where to be seen, and I’m not gonna spawn trap people I’m playing grifball to play -Yoinking!- grifball. Not to camp a spawn for 15 minutes. So please, fix the issue. It would make grifball a much, much, much more enjoyable experience. Personally besides this bug it’s the best version of grifball ever so please fix. :frowning:
> > >
> > > Ban related traffic goes in the ban thread which is linked in my signature.
> >
> > He’s not talking about banning he’s talking about Grifball betrayals which lead unnecessary booting.
> >
> > I feel for you relic. I don’t have much of an opinion on this one way or the other since I rarely play Grifball. I do remember though that betrayals were disengaged or booting turned off, something to that affect, and the betraying was rampant. I did play a few games back then, and I was the most unenjoyable Halo I ever played.
>
> He’s complaining about being booted and getting a ban for killing his teammates, as indicated by the bolded passages. I understand that accidental betrayals are sometimes a thing in grifball, however if you’re killing enough of your teammates to get the boot option (which I believe is higher than in non-grifball game types) then you might want to look at your play style. I can play grifball without getting booted and I am distinctly average. Despite this I can be considerate, contribute to the match and win my fair share.
>
> We know that grifball is broken when you remove friendly fire due among other things to some of the launching that can occur. We’ve also seen that with the system turned off the griefers have a field day as they can be -Yoinks!- and get away with everything without so much as a swat on the wrist. And that inevitably leads into endless cycles of kids betraying each other and claiming it was a reprisal. No good will come of that.

I apologize. I didn’t read it as carefully as I thought. Yeah sorry relic, if you are getting banned for that many betrayals then there’s something else going on here. Plus, how do you know you are being banned for betrayals? Does the pop up message you get state as much? You and I both know you have received bans for quitting. So maybe it is a combination of the two.

> 2533274925727172;2:
> I feel the same way. Betrayals in grifball should be expected to happen, it’s grifball!
>
> I think a way to fix the issue would be to make it so that as long as you harm the enemy, it shouldn’t count towards your betrayal count. It would be a simple fix and it would allow you to play grifball like grifball while at the same time stop people from trolling and killing their teammates on purpose.

That would be an effective way of fixing it

> 2535462337547146;1:
> The booting for betrayals in grifball. It’s insane. What I don’t understand is having no shields where it’s way easier to betray people then it was before, and still having a banhammer like this. A simple fix is just turn off friendly fire or fix the ban system. I don’t care if having betrayals in grifball is how it was in past versions, I really don’t give a -Yoink-.
> I don’t want to be afraid to play grifball or use my hammer because of being booted for something like this. I don’t want to play a game and have to worry about stupid -Yoink- -Yoink- like this. I don’t want to play so passively to where I’ll only use my hammer if one of my 3 teammates are no where to be seen, and I’m not gonna spawn trap people I’m playing grifball to play -Yoinking!- grifball. Not to camp a spawn for 15 minutes. So please, fix the issue. It would make grifball a much, much, much more enjoyable experience. Personally besides this bug it’s the best version of grifball ever so please fix. :frowning:

Agree 100%. I played one game of grifball since the update – BOOTED! I couldnt believe it. I still can get booted from grifball – ridiculous! Betrayals will happen very often and they should either turn off the booting or bump up the threshold to 10 betryals or so. It happens really frequently and I dont want to play passively either so I choose not to play at all. I honestly don’t care how they fix it but it makes no sense. In Reach if I ever encountered a troll that betrayed me I would dish it back. That was fair enough to me.

And OP if they fix the booting problem grifball will be super fun I love running around with all of the abilities. Its total chaos and so much fun. Ground pound is really fun to use in grifball too.

> 2533274833081329;10:
> > 2535462337547146;1:
> > I don’t want to play so passively to where I’ll only use my hammer if one of my 3 teammates are no where to be seen, and I’m not gonna spawn trap people I’m playing grifball to play -Yoinking!- grifball. Not to camp a spawn for 15 minutes.
>
> Okay, so you won’t, what about the bunch of other people that will spawn trap people and betray endlessly?

In my opinion if you stink and get spawn camped thats your problem. Its part of the game. There is no way to prevent it. As long as my team doesnt kill me I’m fine with it.

This shouldn’t be up for debate. Just disable betrayal and the problem is solved. I do not see a reason why anybody would disagree with removing betrayal in grifball.

> 2533274931680884;15:
> > 2533274833081329;10:
> > > 2535462337547146;1:
> > > I don’t want to play so passively to where I’ll only use my hammer if one of my 3 teammates are no where to be seen, and I’m not gonna spawn trap people I’m playing grifball to play -Yoinking!- grifball. Not to camp a spawn for 15 minutes.
> >
> > Okay, so you won’t, what about the bunch of other people that will spawn trap people and betray endlessly?
>
> In my opinion if you stink and get spawn camped thats your problem. Its part of the game. There is no way to prevent it. As long as my team doesnt kill me I’m fine with it.

I mean, betraying is part of the game as well. It’s something that can physically happen.

Spawn killing in Griffball is just one step below boosting in Griffball.