This Meta is Trash

ive put about 120+ hours into this game, I’m not the best but I’m not the worst. I have to say this though, Serena is the worst thing that has ever happened to this game. She makes the gameplay; stagnant, frustrating and overall boring. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been paired against a serena who just drives their ice cream truck into the middle of battle and freezes my units, it makes the game not fun at all. Why in the world did somebody think, “oh let’s make this dynamic where the receiving player can’t micro or move his units!”

Its nit not just the truck, it’s her active and passive powers as well, just ice spam everywhere that slows down gameplay and turns it into who can spam more ice at the other Serena player. 343 you guys really dropped the ball and it’s a shame, i love this game and I got my friends to buy it but now we don’t even want to touch it anymore.

inv4 “get gud” I’m not the best but I know frustration and bad mechanics when I see them, I’ve had my -Yoink- handed to me by all sorts of leaders but this feels cheap and especially annoying when you can’t even move to ATTEMPT to fight back.

Please 343 fix this, make it so units receive like a burn damage instead being slowed down and stopped.

You’re not the only one frustrated with Serina, trust me.

They’re definitely going to do something about it, when and what will be done are completely different stories.

I think the most likely outcome is that Serina will end up being useless at high level play, there’s a lot to look at right now and players can’t really identify most of her issues when the Anvil Round and her exploit are dominating every match, those should have been addressed quickly and then a less heavy handed approach could be taken for the rest of her.

I think she’s a fun leader to play because she has unique mechanics and the effects look great, one of the more interesting leaders in my opinion.

1 leader a month is too much for the developers to keep up with it, maybe they should have just released 1 leader last month and focused more on balance (Jerome was sorted out pretty fast though).

I personally think Serina is fine. As for her ice cream truck, cyclops and hunters and can take it down quickly before they get frozen.

as for spamming ice powers, the only one that feels s little spammy is ice barrier but those can be quickly destroyed or you can just…ya know…go somewhere else. Go around them, heck go through them.

her powers/units aren’t designed to slow down gameplay, they are designed to slow down rushes which happen way too often. When it comes to big battles, her cryo bomb and “earthquake power” (forget the name) can be as devastating as hunter brand or emp mac, not too bad considering you have to use 2 leader powers at once instead of one.

tldnr; stop whining. It’s people like you that cause the developers to nerf leaders into existence.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274818651339;4:
> I personally think Serina is fine. As for her ice cream truck, cyclops and hunters and can take it down quickly before they get frozen.
>
> as for spamming ice powers, the only one that feels s little spammy is ice barrier but those can be quickly destroyed or you can just…ya know…go somewhere else. Go around them, heck go through them.
>
> her powers/units aren’t designed to slow down gameplay, they are designed to slow down rushes which happen way too often. When it comes to big battles, her cryo bomb and “earthquake power” (forget the name) can be as devastating as hunter brand or emp mac, not too bad considering you have to use 2 leader powers at once instead of one.
>
> tldnr; stop whining. It’s people like you that cause the developers to nerf leaders into existence.

I knew a post like this would come up. If you honestly think that Serena isn’t obnoxious to play against kindly Sod off. This isn’t whining, everyone I’ve talked to has utter disdain for this leader and the annoyance she causes. No other leader in the game slows down gameplay to a crawl, her problems are intrinsic to her leader powers which slow down everything; freeze power, freeze power nodes, hero has a giant aoe. You can’t even “rush” against her because by the time your forces are massed by your own base an ice cream and 3-7 squads of marines are in front of your base and you can’t micro your units because they’re frozen and being shredded by said marines. Besides your solution for destroying the bison is laughable, I’m supposed to get into tech 2 and invest in counters before her hero makes it to my base? Seriously kid?

You are the whiner, you don’t want to see your precious insta win frustrater get balanced. I’ve been matched up so many times in lobby for people to dc as soon as the game starts because no one wants to play against her.

I don’t have as much trouble with her as I do forge hog… can’t even spread the units quick enough before 3-4 of my choppers and 2-3 grunts get blown away. If I emerge out of the early game with a couple power nodes against a Forge I consider it a victory in itself.

I’m probably done with 1s for this season.

But team games have been more or less ok. There are some double Forges getting their kicks, but it’s a bit more manageable with a teammate.
I haven’t seen much Serina cheese in team games. Other than those offensive LP combos, I don’t mind playing her in teams.

> 2533274818651339;4:
> I personally think Serina is fine. As for her ice cream truck, cyclops and hunters and can take it down quickly before they get frozen.
>
> as for spamming ice powers, the only one that feels s little spammy is ice barrier but those can be quickly destroyed or you can just…ya know…go somewhere else. Go around them, heck go through them.
>
> her powers/units aren’t designed to slow down gameplay, they are designed to slow down rushes which happen way too often. When it comes to big battles, her cryo bomb and “earthquake power” (forget the name) can be as devastating as hunter brand or emp mac, not too bad considering you have to use 2 leader powers at once instead of one.
>
> tldnr; stop whining. It’s people like you that cause the developers to nerf leaders into existence.

Sorry the rest of us aren’t as good as you and dont like exploits that make the game not enjoyable

> 2533274807218949;5:
> > 2533274818651339;4:
> > I personally think Serina is fine. As for her ice cream truck, cyclops and hunters and can take it down quickly before they get frozen.
> >
> > as for spamming ice powers, the only one that feels s little spammy is ice barrier but those can be quickly destroyed or you can just…ya know…go somewhere else. Go around them, heck go through them.
> >
> > her powers/units aren’t designed to slow down gameplay, they are designed to slow down rushes which happen way too often. When it comes to big battles, her cryo bomb and “earthquake power” (forget the name) can be as devastating as hunter brand or emp mac, not too bad considering you have to use 2 leader powers at once instead of one.
> >
> > tldnr; stop whining. It’s people like you that cause the developers to nerf leaders into existence.
>
> I knew a post like this would come up. If you honestly think that Serena isn’t obnoxious to play against kindly Sod off. This isn’t whining, everyone I’ve talked to has utter disdain for this leader and the annoyance she causes. No other leader in the game slows down gameplay to a crawl, her problems are intrinsic to her leader powers which slow down everything; freeze power, freeze power nodes, hero has a giant aoe. You can’t even “rush” against her because by the time your forces are massed by your own base an ice cream and 3-7 squads of marines are in front of your base and you can’t micro your units because they’re frozen and being shredded by said marines. Besides your solution for destroying the bison is laughable, I’m supposed to get into tech 2 and invest in counters before her hero makes it to my base? Seriously kid?
>
> You are the whiner, you don’t want to see your precious insta win frustrater get balanced. I’ve been matched up so many times in lobby for people to dc as soon as the game starts because no one wants to play against her.

We get you’re frustrated but chill the hell down.

Serina’s Bison is defiantly too much in the beginning since the only thing to combat it would be a bunch of infantry units or scout units and since scout units are well balanced now the only viable option would be infantry units or your leader (which is for the most part an infantry unit) The bisons deployable ability needs to be implemented later on in the game because plain infantry units wont kill it unless you have Cyclops or hunters. The fact that you can run up to an enemy base and freeze it within 4 minutes of the game is pretty annoying. Her leader abilities need to cost more as well, the damage they output is fine. She’s an ice element and just like Halo Wars 1, ice dominates air so that’s not a problem.

> 2533274823273793;9:
> > 2533274807218949;5:
> > > 2533274818651339;4:
> > > I personally think Serina is fine. As for her ice cream truck, cyclops and hunters and can take it down quickly before they get frozen.
> > >
> > > as for spamming ice powers, the only one that feels s little spammy is ice barrier but those can be quickly destroyed or you can just…ya know…go somewhere else. Go around them, heck go through them.
> > >
> > > her powers/units aren’t designed to slow down gameplay, they are designed to slow down rushes which happen way too often. When it comes to big battles, her cryo bomb and “earthquake power” (forget the name) can be as devastating as hunter brand or emp mac, not too bad considering you have to use 2 leader powers at once instead of one.
> > >
> > > tldnr; stop whining. It’s people like you that cause the developers to nerf leaders into existence.
> >
> > I knew a post like this would come up. If you honestly think that Serena isn’t obnoxious to play against kindly Sod off. This isn’t whining, everyone I’ve talked to has utter disdain for this leader and the annoyance she causes. No other leader in the game slows down gameplay to a crawl, her problems are intrinsic to her leader powers which slow down everything; freeze power, freeze power nodes, hero has a giant aoe. You can’t even “rush” against her because by the time your forces are massed by your own base an ice cream and 3-7 squads of marines are in front of your base and you can’t micro your units because they’re frozen and being shredded by said marines. Besides your solution for destroying the bison is laughable, I’m supposed to get into tech 2 and invest in counters before her hero makes it to my base? Seriously kid?
> >
> > You are the whiner, you don’t want to see your precious insta win frustrater get balanced. I’ve been matched up so many times in lobby for people to dc as soon as the game starts because no one wants to play against her.
>
> We get you’re frustrated but chill the hell down.
>
> Serina’s Bison is defiantly too much in the beginning since the only thing to combat it would be a bunch of infantry units or scout units and since scout units are well balanced now the only viable option would be infantry units or your leader (which is for the most part an infantry unit) The bisons deployable ability needs to be implemented later on in the game because plain infantry units wont kill it unless you have Cyclops or hunters. The fact that you can run up to an enemy base and freeze it within 4 minutes of the game is pretty annoying. Her leader abilities need to cost more as well, the damage they output is fine. She’s an ice element and just like Halo Wars 1, ice dominates air so that’s not a problem.

definitely*

> 2533274823273793;9:
> > 2533274807218949;5:
> > > 2533274818651339;4:
> > > I personally think Serina is fine. As for her ice cream truck, cyclops and hunters and can take it down quickly before they get frozen.
> > >
> > > as for spamming ice powers, the only one that feels s little spammy is ice barrier but those can be quickly destroyed or you can just…ya know…go somewhere else. Go around them, heck go through them.
> > >
> > > her powers/units aren’t designed to slow down gameplay, they are designed to slow down rushes which happen way too often. When it comes to big battles, her cryo bomb and “earthquake power” (forget the name) can be as devastating as hunter brand or emp mac, not too bad considering you have to use 2 leader powers at once instead of one.
> > >
> > > tldnr; stop whining. It’s people like you that cause the developers to nerf leaders into existence.
> >
> > I knew a post like this would come up. If you honestly think that Serena isn’t obnoxious to play against kindly Sod off. This isn’t whining, everyone I’ve talked to has utter disdain for this leader and the annoyance she causes. No other leader in the game slows down gameplay to a crawl, her problems are intrinsic to her leader powers which slow down everything; freeze power, freeze power nodes, hero has a giant aoe. You can’t even “rush” against her because by the time your forces are massed by your own base an ice cream and 3-7 squads of marines are in front of your base and you can’t micro your units because they’re frozen and being shredded by said marines. Besides your solution for destroying the bison is laughable, I’m supposed to get into tech 2 and invest in counters before her hero makes it to my base? Seriously kid?
> >
> > You are the whiner, you don’t want to see your precious insta win frustrater get balanced. I’ve been matched up so many times in lobby for people to dc as soon as the game starts because no one wants to play against her.
>
> We get you’re frustrated but chill the hell down.
>
> Serina’s Bison is defiantly too much in the beginning since the only thing to combat it would be a bunch of infantry units or scout units and since scout units are well balanced now the only viable option would be infantry units or your leader (which is for the most part an infantry unit) The bisons deployable ability needs to be implemented later on in the game because plain infantry units wont kill it unless you have Cyclops or hunters. The fact that you can run up to an enemy base and freeze it within 4 minutes of the game is pretty annoying. Her leader abilities need to cost more as well, the damage they output is fine. She’s an ice element and just like Halo Wars 1, ice dominates air so that’s not a problem.

I see what you’re saying but the frequency and intensity of her leader powers is also terrible. The freezing nodes are absurd and the cool down on her freeze drops/bomb need to be increased by at least 75%.

I love how people keep using ice puns with her

Why is everyone screaming exploit and game breaking. Her ice powers only do real damage ounce the frozen thing pop. Her leader has to set up and the power nodes can still be captured without the capturing unit being frozen. All you have to do is leave the area of effect then all that freezing is pointless. Most of her freezing only affects ground units so just like kinsano the best counter is air. Serina early game and late game is great. But her mid game Transition is lacking and is a great opportunity to counter her hard.
PS 247 hours played

> 2533274810874067;13:
> Why is everyone screaming exploit and game breaking. Her ice powers only do real damage ounce the frozen thing pop. Her leader has to set up and the power nodes can still be captured without the capturing unit being frozen. All you have to do is leave the area of effect then all that freezing is pointless. Most of her freezing only affects ground units so just like kinsano the best counter is air. Serina early game and late game is great. But her mid game Transition is lacking and is a great opportunity to counter her hard.
> PS 247 hours played

There is an actual, specific game breaking exploit that people are upset about right now. Other than that, the rest of her kit is pretty cool and while strong, has its downsides.

> 2533274807218949;5:
> > 2533274818651339;4:
> > I personally think Serina is fine. As for her ice cream truck, cyclops and hunters and can take it down quickly before they get frozen.
> >
> > as for spamming ice powers, the only one that feels s little spammy is ice barrier but those can be quickly destroyed or you can just…ya know…go somewhere else. Go around them, heck go through them.
> >
> > her powers/units aren’t designed to slow down gameplay, they are designed to slow down rushes which happen way too often. When it comes to big battles, her cryo bomb and “earthquake power” (forget the name) can be as devastating as hunter brand or emp mac, not too bad considering you have to use 2 leader powers at once instead of one.
> >
> > tldnr; stop whining. It’s people like you that cause the developers to nerf leaders into existence.
>
> I knew a post like this would come up. If you honestly think that Serena isn’t obnoxious to play against kindly Sod off. This isn’t whining, everyone I’ve talked to has utter disdain for this leader and the annoyance she causes. No other leader in the game slows down gameplay to a crawl, her problems are intrinsic to her leader powers which slow down everything; freeze power, freeze power nodes, hero has a giant aoe. You can’t even “rush” against her because by the time your forces are massed by your own base an ice cream and 3-7 squads of marines are in front of your base and you can’t micro your units because they’re frozen and being shredded by said marines. Besides your solution for destroying the bison is laughable, I’m supposed to get into tech 2 and invest in counters before her hero makes it to my base? Seriously kid?
>
> You are the whiner, you don’t want to see your precious insta win frustrater get balanced. I’ve been matched up so many times in lobby for people to dc as soon as the game starts because no one wants to play against her.

First off take a chill pill :smiley: ahh get it? The ice cream truck is super slow, if it eventually comes to your base counter it with your hero and turrets until you can get tier 2 cyclops or hunters.

i don’t appreciate you telling me to sod off, I gave an alternative view and gave examples of how to fix her without making her useless. All you want is for her to be unviable so you won’t have to actually come up with a strategy to beat her.

She certainly doesn’t “bring gameplay to a crawl” she’s delays attacks but rarely can she stop a full on attack by herself.

coordinate with your teammates, make counters, and stop whining. I admitted she needed some tweaking but nothing as extreme as you’re purposing.

> 2535447531087970;14:
> > 2533274810874067;13:
> > Why is everyone screaming exploit and game breaking. Her ice powers only do real damage ounce the frozen thing pop. Her leader has to set up and the power nodes can still be captured without the capturing unit being frozen. All you have to do is leave the area of effect then all that freezing is pointless. Most of her freezing only affects ground units so just like kinsano the best counter is air. Serina early game and late game is great. But her mid game Transition is lacking and is a great opportunity to counter her hard.
> > PS 247 hours played
>
> There is an actual, specific game breaking exploit that people are upset about right now. Other than that, the rest of her kit is pretty cool and while strong, has its downsides.

This.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. Do not make non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274807218949;11:
> > 2533274823273793;9:
> > > 2533274807218949;5:
> > > > 2533274818651339;4:
> > > > I personally think Serina is fine. As for her ice cream truck, cyclops and hunters and can take it down quickly before they get frozen.
> > > >
> > > > as for spamming ice powers, the only one that feels s little spammy is ice barrier but those can be quickly destroyed or you can just…ya know…go somewhere else. Go around them, heck go through them.
> > > >
> > > > her powers/units aren’t designed to slow down gameplay, they are designed to slow down rushes which happen way too often. When it comes to big battles, her cryo bomb and “earthquake power” (forget the name) can be as devastating as hunter brand or emp mac, not too bad considering you have to use 2 leader powers at once instead of one.
> > > >
> > > > tldnr; stop whining. It’s people like you that cause the developers to nerf leaders into existence.
> > >
> > > I knew a post like this would come up. If you honestly think that Serena isn’t obnoxious to play against kindly Sod off. This isn’t whining, everyone I’ve talked to has utter disdain for this leader and the annoyance she causes. No other leader in the game slows down gameplay to a crawl, her problems are intrinsic to her leader powers which slow down everything; freeze power, freeze power nodes, hero has a giant aoe. You can’t even “rush” against her because by the time your forces are massed by your own base an ice cream and 3-7 squads of marines are in front of your base and you can’t micro your units because they’re frozen and being shredded by said marines. Besides your solution for destroying the bison is laughable, I’m supposed to get into tech 2 and invest in counters before her hero makes it to my base? Seriously kid?
> > >
> > > You are the whiner, you don’t want to see your precious insta win frustrater get balanced. I’ve been matched up so many times in lobby for people to dc as soon as the game starts because no one wants to play against her.
> >
> > We get you’re frustrated but chill the hell down.
> >
> > Serina’s Bison is defiantly too much in the beginning since the only thing to combat it would be a bunch of infantry units or scout units and since scout units are well balanced now the only viable option would be infantry units or your leader (which is for the most part an infantry unit) The bisons deployable ability needs to be implemented later on in the game because plain infantry units wont kill it unless you have Cyclops or hunters. The fact that you can run up to an enemy base and freeze it within 4 minutes of the game is pretty annoying. Her leader abilities need to cost more as well, the damage they output is fine. She’s an ice element and just like Halo Wars 1, ice dominates air so that’s not a problem.
>
> I see what you’re saying but the frequency and intensity of her leader powers is also terrible. The freezing nodes are absurd and the cool down on her freeze drops/bomb need to be increased by at least 75%.

75% you’re crazy. It’s people like you that convince the developers to up forgehog anvil round by 300%.

Delete your account.

It’s like we’re caught in a loop and having this same conversation every 12 hours.

> 2533274818651339;17:
> > 2533274807218949;11:
> > > 2533274823273793;9:
> > > > 2533274807218949;5:
> > > > > 2533274818651339;4:
> > > > > I personally think Serina is fine. As for her ice cream truck, cyclops and hunters and can take it down quickly before they get frozen.
> > > > >
> > > > > as for spamming ice powers, the only one that feels s little spammy is ice barrier but those can be quickly destroyed or you can just…ya know…go somewhere else. Go around them, heck go through them.
> > > > >
> > > > > her powers/units aren’t designed to slow down gameplay, they are designed to slow down rushes which happen way too often. When it comes to big battles, her cryo bomb and “earthquake power” (forget the name) can be as devastating as hunter brand or emp mac, not too bad considering you have to use 2 leader powers at once instead of one.
> > > > >
> > > > > tldnr; stop whining. It’s people like you that cause the developers to nerf leaders into existence.
> > > >
> > > > I knew a post like this would come up. If you honestly think that Serena isn’t obnoxious to play against kindly Sod off. This isn’t whining, everyone I’ve talked to has utter disdain for this leader and the annoyance she causes. No other leader in the game slows down gameplay to a crawl, her problems are intrinsic to her leader powers which slow down everything; freeze power, freeze power nodes, hero has a giant aoe. You can’t even “rush” against her because by the time your forces are massed by your own base an ice cream and 3-7 squads of marines are in front of your base and you can’t micro your units because they’re frozen and being shredded by said marines. Besides your solution for destroying the bison is laughable, I’m supposed to get into tech 2 and invest in counters before her hero makes it to my base? Seriously kid?
> > > >
> > > > You are the whiner, you don’t want to see your precious insta win frustrater get balanced. I’ve been matched up so many times in lobby for people to dc as soon as the game starts because no one wants to play against her.
> > >
> > > We get you’re frustrated but chill the hell down.
> > >
> > > Serina’s Bison is defiantly too much in the beginning since the only thing to combat it would be a bunch of infantry units or scout units and since scout units are well balanced now the only viable option would be infantry units or your leader (which is for the most part an infantry unit) The bisons deployable ability needs to be implemented later on in the game because plain infantry units wont kill it unless you have Cyclops or hunters. The fact that you can run up to an enemy base and freeze it within 4 minutes of the game is pretty annoying. Her leader abilities need to cost more as well, the damage they output is fine. She’s an ice element and just like Halo Wars 1, ice dominates air so that’s not a problem.
> >
> > I see what you’re saying but the frequency and intensity of her leader powers is also terrible. The freezing nodes are absurd and the cool down on her freeze drops/bomb need to be increased by at least 75%.
>
> 75% you’re crazy. It’s people like you that convince the developers to up forgehog anvil round by 300%.
>
> Delete your account.

Nice ad homs bro, you’re totally right tho I should smash my economy to pieces to build multiple turrets early on. If you think that she doesn’t slow down gameplay then you’ve got a lower iq then I initially believed. What do you call literally freezing armies in their place, freezing units at nodes, freezing units with a massive aoe hero and freezing more units when they make moves on your base because she has freeze turrets too. It’s called slowing down gameplay and dragging games out to be twice as long as they need to be. You are wrong in every sense by saying that she “doesn’t need to be nerfed she promotes agile gameplay.” Think before you speak. Maybe you should delete your account and save yourself the embarrassment of having your ridiculous preconceived notions destroyed left and right in front of you. The majority of people want her balanced, you can cry more when she gets nerfed.

Aside from the exploit, I think that there are some aspects of her that should be adressed.

1-Her Cryotech Advance passive has too many bonus to cost just one point and be that early on the game.
2-The Bison Y ability should have a timer, you shouldn’t be able to drop it to have a perpetual leak, it’s like if Kinsano was able to sustain the fire wall forever

3-Cryobomb + Seismic is just too cost effective, perhaps if the damage from break was reduced would be fine.

4-The Chill effect shouldn’t be able to cross base shields.

Out of that I think she’s fine, well unless there’s multi-Serina but as long as there are dupes we’ll have to deal with that cheese.