This makes no sense 343. Who else agrees?

I remember that at one point Halo: Reach multiplayer was perfect when 343 made the Title Update (Ranking system aside).

There were so many playlists to choose from and we had so much variety like TU Squad Slayer, Zero Bloom Slayer, Premium Slayer, Premium Battle, Action Sack, Anniversary Big Team, Anniversary FFA, Team Classic, and even Firefight Doubles.

Honestly when we had all this variety to play what ever we want when ever we wanted Halo: Reach USED TO have the best multiplayer experience than any other Halo game in my opinion.

But now most of my favorite playlists are gone for some reason and apparently I bought the Noble and Defiant map pack for no reason and I only get to play Anniversary Classic with the Anniversary map pack which is just frustrating since the game was just so perfect before.

I would at least want an explanation to why they took off these playlists. I can’t even get the final achievements i need for Halo: Reach because of this, it just doesn’t make any sense to me why they would intentionally make the game worst.

So the question is: Why did they do this? and Does anyone else agree or disagree?

I think they should have at least asked us to make a choice on which playlist got the axe, and which one was able to stay. It would have been easy to post an official thread here on the site, or even a message on the title menu of the game telling everyone to come here and vote. They’ve been spamming “Forward unto Dawn” messages on Reach all week, and they could have used that feature to rally everyone together and let The People choose the future of Reach’s Playlists, instead of just making a decision and saying “it’s what was best for the game” without the input of the people.

The Community use to be a guiding light for Halo and we’ve always been a pivotal part in how the game has progressed, but nowdays it seems as though the Community has been left on the wayside. I think the interaction between The people and the Developers needs to improve or else it could spell doom for Halo in general in the impending future

> I think they should have at least asked us to make a choice on which playlist got the axe, and which one was able to stay. It would have been easy to post an official thread here on the site, or even a message on the title menu of the game telling everyone to come here and vote. They’ve been spamming “Forward unto Dawn” messages on Reach all week, and they could have used that feature to rally everyone together and let The People choose the future of Reach’s Playlists, instead of just making a decision and saying “it’s what was best for the game” without the input of the people.
>
> The Community use to be a guiding light for Halo and we’ve always been a pivotal part in how the game has progressed, but nowdays it seems as though the Community has been left on the wayside. I think the interaction between The people and the Developers needs to improve or else it could spell doom for Halo in general in the impending future

I think they should have just left those awesome playlists.

One of my friends says the reason they took out so many playlists is that 343’s contract with Microsoft has some incentives in it related to the average number of players in certain playlists, so they’re trying to consolidate the population a little to reach their markers. It might be total BS, but I’ve heard of weirder things (see: Activision) happening…

What they need to do is make DLC required for some playlists, and put back Action Sack.

Bungie ran Halo 3 correctly, that should serve as the shining example for all future playlist based multiplayer games. Instead they’re running Reach like a stupid CoD game and people can’t play on the maps they payed for.

Why in the world did they get rid of Anniversary BTB and FFA? It’s like they want me to dislike Reach even more…

I wonder why they removed them!!

The reason they removed the named playlists was because of their population. Whilst I am sad they have been removed and completely agree with you the fact is they never really had more than 500 players in at any given time.

For this reason alone they were removed due to 343i not having the time to keep up on maintenance on such a low populated gametype and also to try and up the amount of players in other playlists, for when halo 4 is released halo reaches population will drop and simplifying the gametypes means that finding games in certain gametypes will be a little easier do to their removal.

The low populations in certain playlists being the reason for deletion is dumb in my opinion. I liked having the option to switch it up now and then but oh well I guess.

> I remember that at one point Halo: Reach multiplayer was perfect when 343 made the Title Update (Ranking system aside).
>
> There were so many playlists to choose from and we had so much variety like TU Squad Slayer, Zero Bloom Slayer, Premium Slayer, Premium Battle, Action Sack, Anniversary Big Team, Anniversary FFA, Team Classic, and even Firefight Doubles.
>
> Honestly when we had all this variety to play what ever we want when ever we wanted Halo: Reach USED TO have the best multiplayer experience than any other Halo game in my opinion.
>
> But now most of my favorite playlists are gone for some reason and apparently I bought the Noble and Defiant map pack for no reason and I only get to play Anniversary Classic with the Anniversary map pack which is just frustrating since the game was just so perfect before.
>
> I would at least want an explanation to why they took off these playlists. I can’t even get the final achievements i need for Halo: Reach because of this, it just doesn’t make any sense to me why they would intentionally make the game worst.
>
>
> So the question is: Why did they do this? and Does anyone else agree or disagree?

It’s because they don’t care what we want, trying to save money.

> The reason they removed the named playlists was because of their population. Whilst I am sad they have been removed and completely agree with you the fact is they never really had more than 500 players in at any given time.
>
> For this reason alone they were removed due to 343i not having the time to keep up on maintenance on such a low populated gametype and also to try and up the amount of players in other playlists, for when halo 4 is released halo reaches population will drop and simplifying the gametypes means that finding games in certain gametypes will be a little easier do to their removal.

Squad Slayer was always second to team slayer though and what about the DLC that we payed for i want to be able to get all the achievements for Halo: Reach before Halo 4 but that seems unlikely. Besides Halo 3 has all the paylists and only about 25,000 people play the game and Halo: Reach still has about 100,000 daily players and now theres barely any good playlists IMO.

> > I remember that at one point Halo: Reach multiplayer was perfect when 343 made the Title Update (Ranking system aside).
> >
> > There were so many playlists to choose from and we had so much variety like TU Squad Slayer, Zero Bloom Slayer, Premium Slayer, Premium Battle, Action Sack, Anniversary Big Team, Anniversary FFA, Team Classic, and even Firefight Doubles.
> >
> > Honestly when we had all this variety to play what ever we want when ever we wanted Halo: Reach USED TO have the best multiplayer experience than any other Halo game in my opinion.
> >
> > But now most of my favorite playlists are gone for some reason and apparently I bought the Noble and Defiant map pack for no reason and I only get to play Anniversary Classic with the Anniversary map pack which is just frustrating since the game was just so perfect before.
> >
> > I would at least want an explanation to why they took off these playlists. I can’t even get the final achievements i need for Halo: Reach because of this, it just doesn’t make any sense to me why they would intentionally make the game worst.
> >
> >
> > So the question is: Why did they do this? and Does anyone else agree or disagree?
>
> It’s because they don’t care what we want, trying to save money.

Sadly thats what i was thinking as well but why fix the game and add all those amazing playlists including ZB, TU, and Anniversary just to the them all off?

> > > I remember that at one point Halo: Reach multiplayer was perfect when 343 made the Title Update (Ranking system aside).
> > >
> > > There were so many playlists to choose from and we had so much variety like TU Squad Slayer, Zero Bloom Slayer, Premium Slayer, Premium Battle, Action Sack, Anniversary Big Team, Anniversary FFA, Team Classic, and even Firefight Doubles.
> > >
> > > Honestly when we had all this variety to play what ever we want when ever we wanted Halo: Reach USED TO have the best multiplayer experience than any other Halo game in my opinion.
> > >
> > > But now most of my favorite playlists are gone for some reason and apparently I bought the Noble and Defiant map pack for no reason and I only get to play Anniversary Classic with the Anniversary map pack which is just frustrating since the game was just so perfect before.
> > >
> > > I would at least want an explanation to why they took off these playlists. I can’t even get the final achievements i need for Halo: Reach because of this, it just doesn’t make any sense to me why they would intentionally make the game worst.
> > >
> > >
> > > So the question is: Why did they do this? and Does anyone else agree or disagree?
> >
> > It’s because they don’t care what we want, trying to save money.
>
> Sadly thats what i was thinking as well but why fix the game and add all those amazing playlists including ZB, TU, and Anniversary just to the them all off?

I know exactly how you feel since I paid for all the dlc, it felt like they robbed me when they took them down.

Swat is usually 2nd to team slayer and god knows why but living dead has a high population too.

I completely agree that they should not have been removed. I truely miss team objective in halo 3 it was all I used to play apart from team mythic and lone wolves. However life goes on and whilst they will be missed hopefully when halo 4 arrives it wont be a problem finding games.

I must say though that there are other low populated gametypes yet they were not removed ? I wonder why the named ones got the chop, bad luck I guess. Oh man I miss anni free 4 all :frowning:

The annoying thing about Reach is there’s so many more playlists than Halo 2/3 that the population is thinly spread out over all of them.

This late in the lifecycle DLC should be a mandatory for many playlists.