This lag is getting annoying really fast.

I’m not one to complain on these forums, but when there is something not only effecting me, but the whole Halo 5 servers then it needs to be noticed.

As of 5/9/2016 this issue started for me, at first I thought it was my internet acting up so I unplugged my router and plugged it back in. Turns out I was still lagging, but it was happening every other match. So i decided I’ll play other games online. I played Mortal Kombat no lag, Gears of War no lag, and Overwatch no lag. Even a lot of my friends and spartan company are having the same problems.

So there has to be something wrong with the Halo 5 servers. I don’t know whether it’s the new update or the stupid team arena crap, but it needs to be looked into. I really hope 343 notices the lag, because I don’t want it to lag the whole time when Infection releases.

Ive noticed a lot of lag also. This is the one subject I really chime in about. Don’t get me wrong I would much rather talk about more normal things about H5 but how could I hardly give a reliable point of view when the game play is like this?? If the servers are acting funky then my opinion would most likely be in accurate. Im thinking maybe this lag problem might be 343 getting ready for this next update. adjusting things to get things in line for this new update. Matchmaking Preference. I know this may sound like a farce but I was going on the theory that things always get worse before they get better! I just hope this update will fix this… Im very optimistic at this point. :-/

It has been getting progressively worse with every update. It’s gotten to where I just expect numerous lag spikes during a round of Warzone.

Hopefully the lag will subside with the matchmaking preferences being introduced.

Im with all you guys!!! ^^^^ The game was so smooth at one time and slowly has gotten to the point of where I cant hardly stand playing it. I just hope im not getting my hopes up to high for this next update. But what else can we do!! Hope is all we have at this stage of the game…

Every update has been making the lag for me worse and it has been bad since Jan. But the last few days i cant even land shots or i’m lagging across the maps or getting kicked. Just received a ban in arena because every game i was lagging. I reset my xbox, my router, and checked everything, everything was fine until i tried to play halo, then just lag and disconnects. Hope they fix this soon, cant play a game if it acts like this.

Yeah, I’m really keeping my fingers crossed this update is going to address a lot of these issues. Here’s to staying positive!

The lag makes it difficult to use the magnum in arena now.
I’m just spit balling here but It’s 343i’s servers. i look at it like this: 10/27/15. H5G launches and the game runs as smooth as can be. Since that time there have been multiple updates with different code being added that was not present at launch. The servers are not responding well due to the new coding and must be updated or repaired.

Does that make any sense?

> 2535412280615383;8:
> The lag makes it difficult to use the magnum in arena now.
> I’m just spit balling here but It’s 343i’s servers. i look at it like this: 10/27/15. H5G launches and the game runs as smooth as can be. Since that time there have been multiple updates with different code being added that was not present at launch. The servers are not responding well do the new coding and must be updated or repaired.
>
> Does that make any sense?

Yeah that’s what i figured… the game ran beautifully when it came out… i didnt encounter any problems until jan, since then it has just gotten worse and worse. I have noticed it gets real bad around the time they add in a featured playlist or something new, like warzone turbo or firefight or just now the new arena playlist.

It’s not kicking me out or anything, it’s just random lag spikes. Like the game I had just played lag a little bit and then lagged some more, but the game before that was smooth as it could be. I don’t know, this just really confuses Omni.

I have the -Yoink- of interwebs so lag is something normal for me. Lol

> 2535412280615383;8:
> The lag makes it difficult to use the magnum in arena now.
> I’m just spit balling here but It’s 343i’s servers. i look at it like this: 10/27/15. H5G launches and the game runs as smooth as can be. Since that time there have been multiple updates with different code being added that was not present at launch. The servers are not responding well do the new coding and must be updated or repaired.
>
> Does that make any sense?

This makes total sense to me! I totally agree with you. Not to mention its the most logical. It would be totally different if the game was launched with these type of problems. But honestly the game was once almost flawless in how smooth it was.

> 2533274830340092;1:
> I’m not one to complain on these forums, but when there is something not only effecting me, but the whole Halo 5 servers then it needs to be noticed.
>
> So there has to be something wrong with the Halo 5 servers. I don’t know whether it’s the new update or the stupid team arena crap, but it needs to be looked into. I really hope 343 notices the lag, because I don’t want it to lag the whole time when Infection releases.

okay so some things that i have noticed that cause lag (in game)

can somebody easy link this?

  1. gungooses cause lag^^^
    (as well as other vehicles)
  2. people picking up Reqs that they have not used for a long time
  3. many dropped weapons or vehicles (destroyed or not destroyed)
  4. servers(cant help this one)
  5. and other things i have not seen yet.

i would like for 343i to just take a month off of making new things to add, and just take that month to adress at least some of the problems that cause lag, fix glitches, make everything all polished and clean again, and so on

Feels like MCC again. I shouldn’t be surprised after all.

> 2533274901165186;13:
> > 2533274830340092;1:
> > I’m not one to complain on these forums, but when there is something not only effecting me, but the whole Halo 5 servers then it needs to be noticed.
> >
> > So there has to be something wrong with the Halo 5 servers. I don’t know whether it’s the new update or the stupid team arena crap, but it needs to be looked into. I really hope 343 notices the lag, because I don’t want it to lag the whole time when Infection releases.
>
>
> okay so some things that i have noticed that cause lag (in game)
>
> can somebody easy link this?
> Gamer DVR - Xbox clips, Twitch clips and streams, Xbox screenshots, Xbox videos, Xbox DVR and more on Gamer DVR!
> 1. gungooses cause lag^^^
> (as well as other vehicles)
> 2. people picking up Reqs that they have not used for a long time
> 3. many dropped weapons or vehicles (destroyed or not destroyed)
> 4. servers(cant help this one)
> 5. and other things i have not seen yet.
>
> i would like for 343i to just take a month off of making new things to add, and just take that month to adress at least some of the problems that cause lag, fix glitches, make everything all polished and clean again, and so on

Lazy LinkThere you go and see what you mean. There is also the occasional frozen screen that happens in the middle of a Warzone match.

Yeah, the lag is just horrendous. When I was playing Overwatch I completely forgot what an online game without lag felt like, so it was a blast. I’m honestly “afraid” to touch Halo 5 again because of their trash servers.

I have been kick out of so many games, that I stop using REQs, kept losing them. I also noticed that every new drop it gets worse.

I am struggling to get champ, just because I just lag out of the game because of the servers. This is horrible I don’t know why this happens to me so much. I will be doing fine in some of the first games, and then out of no where I will just lag out l. 343 please help me it is starting to get really fustrating.

> 2535429558889432;18:
> I am struggling to get champ, just because I just lag out of the game because of the servers. This is horrible I don’t know why this happens to me so much. I will be doing fine in some of the first games, and then out of no where I will just lag out l. 343 please help me it is starting to get really fustrating.

.

I’ll add that if you’re having issues you can report them here;
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/server-reports-latency-disconnects-etc/94237e5e-3dba-4a03-b2bd-670defa11329/posts