This isn't Halo anymore

I’m disappointed to be writing this. I do feel though, that Halo as a game series I grew up with, is long gone and the original ideals are long forgotten. The vicious monetary system around armor customization has really showed me that 343 has no idea what the “roots of Halo” really are. I’m astonished that they could make this season one "Heroes of Reach’ without remembering how beloved the Reach customization system was. “Remember Reach” is just a catch phrase now. Veteran players like me are outraged. Halo multiplayer armor customization used to showcase players with skill and determination in unlocking high tier armor pieces. I’d like to remind everyone about the original Recon armor in Halo 3 and how only the most determined players achieved the goal in earning Recon. I was one of those people, full disclosure I was a Halo no life. Now seeing the “battlepass” and armor unlocked via paywall instead of actual achievement in the game, is a slap in the face. I will never regard anyone’s armor as special in this Halo title, knowing the most work they had to put in was enter a credit card number. I don’t care if the multiplayer is free, I’d rather pay $60 for a full Halo title and be able to unlock armor and cosmetics through game progression and achievement than have free multiplayer and a massive amount of microtransactions for armor.

TL;DR the armor customization system is an insult to players. I miss old Halo multiplayer.

11 Likes

I miss the dash. Halo Infinites Dash isn’t the Same…

People complaint about canon but the grapplehook is accepted… I wonder what Kind of Material and can pull a full equipped spartan that easily. How tf can the hook stuck in the wall (stone, wood, plastic,…) and pull 1000lbs (dunno the right weight) ?

3 Likes

the hook is pretty fun tho

Its 2021 all game have microtransactions they are making more money going that rout.

It does feel like a great step back in the progression department. I think Reach’s ranking system was easily the best, it was my driving force to play early on in Reach.

They could have been smart about it by having at least made a good 75% of the cosmetics unlockable through progress, drawn in a healthy player base throughout 2022 and then throw in some cosmetics that are available for a limited time on the store and unique timed challenges. This has hurt the population of the game already.

I haven’t had all that much to say that’s positive about 343 over the years, I’ll be honest but the core of this game has so much potential it hurts seeing them fall over the traps of modern gaming because there are some parts of me that thinks they finally have it down.

Ske7ch did say they are looking into the feed back so all we can do is wait at this point. Anyone that’s thinking of quitting, I encourage to return on the 8th, have a blast with the campaign and around February next year take a look at the Multiplayer again.

1 Like

Because people just accept it. But when they push back… Battlefront 2…things can change

couldnt agree more with your words it dosent feel like halo they have made really stupid decisions and made the game unplayable for me too many sweats radar etc just to name a few in mcc they did everyone soo much better and they were bungie games for christ sake proofs they cant make a good halo game

1 Like

I can’t help but feel abandoned by Bungie personally but 343 is here and making “Halo” games. I do enjoy the gameplay aspect of the multiplayer, it’s a decent shooter in simple terms. I only wish that all the statements about “returning to the roots of Halo” were true. With so much influence from Reach it’s mind blowing how they couldn’t look to see why Reach was so good and loved by many. To me, this is 343 showing their true colors.

Yeah this halo is just another horror story. Toxic af they’ve sacrificed so much for a quick buck.

The grapple hook is lame as hell and doesn’t make sense in the physics department, as a lore buff it’s stupid…

1 Like

Honestly this is even a worst launch than halo 4 the studio has never failed to disappoint they keep ignoring community feedback and in 3 months when they see the player base dwindle they will seem shocked as to why people are leaving in droves

1 Like

The grappling hook is also a major turnoff for me. It’s just gimmicky

1 Like