This is why I disagree with Last-Gen Development

You’re already building a brand new engine for the first time since Halo 1 and having to deal with a pandemic, as well as PC on launch for the first time with simultaneous cross play, why in the world would you add more stress to the development team to make sure it works on a console that is almost 10 years old…If people don’t want to buy the next Gen console, tough luck for them, they don’t get to play it. Just like Halo 3, MCC, and Halo 5.

Well with the chip shortage and scalpers it might be hard for people to get a hold of next gen. I know best buy has the Xbox Series S in stock as of this post but some people prefer discs. As of December 2020, Microsoft’s online gaming service had approximately 100 million monthly active users. Which is a lot of potential buyers for that console alone. Hard to say how many on which consoles but I’m sure a nice chunk is Xbone alone.

I played the flight with my Xbone and my rtx 2070. Obviously it has a lower FPS on Xbone. It is still playable. So it might be more of a marketing to continue support on the Xbone. That and being cross platform prolongs the life of the game, quicker match times.

Increasing the population of a F2P game is incredibly important and do you suggest the the majority of people who can’t get Series X | S during a pandemic should wait to play? I truly believe that the new engine is the reason for co-op being delayed.

you should realize 51 million unit of xbox one sold to this day compare to only 6.5 million of xbox series x and most of the fanbase still playing games with their older consoles and with the pandemic and shortage of chip and slow manufacturing you can call it the right decision by the 343i or microsoft.

> 2533274824492897;4:
> you should realize 51 million unit of xbox one sold to this day compare to only 6.5 million of xbox series x and most of the fanbase still playing games with their older consoles and with the pandemic and shortage of chip and slow manufacturing you can call it the right decision by the 343i or microsoft.

My friends and I are all on Xbox Ones still, except for one who payed over $900 for a series X, so I gotta agree. Plus from my friend who got into the flight said it ran great on his 2015 OG Xbox One, so that’s a great upside.

And to the OP, it’s not people don’t want the new consoles, it’s that they literally cannot get them. Series X consoles are almost always sold out, or sold at a huge markup, and most aren’t gonna settle for a Series S when they want an X, they’ll wait. It’s what I’m doing.

> 2791293519059100;2:
> Well with the chip shortage and scalpers it might be hard for people to get a hold of next gen. I know best buy has the Xbox Series S in stock as of this post but some people prefer discs. As of December 2020, Microsoft’s online gaming service had approximately 100 million monthly active users. Which is a lot of potential buyers for that console alone. Hard to say how many on which consoles but I’m sure a nice chunk is Xbone alone.
>
> I played the flight with my Xbone and my rtx 2070. Obviously it has a lower FPS on Xbone. It is still playable. So it might be more of a marketing to continue support on the Xbone. That and being cross platform prolongs the life of the game, quicker match times.

Im elsewhere from USA, and i got info that some stores got the X series, but are not going to be sold, until they almost out of stock of the S series

> 2533274813513633;1:
> You’re already building a brand new engine for the first time since Halo 1 and having to deal with a pandemic, as well as PC on launch for the first time with simultaneous cross play, why in the world would you add more stress to the development team to make sure it works on a console that is almost 10 years old…If people don’t want to buy the next Gen console, tough luck for them, they don’t get to play it. Just like Halo 3, MCC, and Halo 5.

Ummm…seeing how current gen consoles have been out of stock most of the year…seems like last gen is gonna be most of their sales lol

> 2533274813513633;1:
> You’re already building a brand new engine for the first time since Halo 1 and having to deal with a pandemic, as well as PC on launch for the first time with simultaneous cross play, why in the world would you add more stress to the development team to make sure it works on a console that is almost 10 years old…If people don’t want to buy the next Gen console, tough luck for them, they don’t get to play it. Just like Halo 3, MCC, and Halo 5.

Unfair statement given the supply issues and how tough it has been to get a Series X, and how tough it will be for the foreseeable future.
Plus, Halo Infinite was first announced right after the Xbox One X came out, and quite a few people (myself included) probably bought that console with Infinite in mind, thinking it would release sooner, so it’s not unreasonable to want the older consoles to still be supported that way.

issue that has been said the posts here

1: chip shortage mainly

2: scalpers

3: ones that are Able to be bought are way way overpriced

Interesting comments. I hadn’t planned on getting the newest console anytime soon. Had infinite not been supported by the Xbox 1, I probably would try to upgrade, but it sounds like that is much easier said than done lately. If that being the case, I would not be getting Infinite. Or maybe I’d get the PC version and try to run it on my definitely-not-a-gaming-PC.