This is where Halo 5 fails

I have read a lot on the forums regarding the 1 month season changes. A lot of people like it, but I don’t quite understand why. The only reason I can see it be good is it stopped people from making multiple accounts so they can flat out roast people at lower level, but for the first week of every month you get the most random players on your team. I can get 25 kills 10 deaths and still manage to lose. It completely screws up the ranking system, maybe you should get ranking rewards on the first of the month, but for it to completely restart? That’s crazy,

Maybe I am wrong and there is a method to the madness, but does anyone know why this is helpful and why people actually like it?

I agree, the season changes just wipe away your hard work as if its nothing. They should be much longer if you are forced to grind all the time. Or none at all. At least Halo 3 didnt destroy your progress all the time. It just shouldnt have locked you into ranks at say 47 or 48 for no reason.

Previous Season CSR is said to also affect your new rank, so you do not start over again completely.
Also, it kind of allows them to update the algorithms and test them out at a fast rate.

I haven’t put that much effort into the whole season things, but I know I like it.
When I decide to play that is.

> 2533274823886169;2:
> I agree, the season changes just wipe away your hard work as if its nothing. They should be much longer if you are forced to grind all the time. Or none at all. At least Halo 3 didnt destroy your progress all the time. It just shouldnt have locked you into ranks at say 47 or 48 for no reason.

Rank locking was actually a myth. It never locked you into a rank, it just got really difficult to rank up in some cases, but you were never truly rank locked.

> 2533274795123910;3:
> Previous Season CSR is said to also affect your new rank, so you do not start over again completely.
> Also, it kind of allows them to update the algorithms and test them out at a fast rate.
>
> I haven’t put that much effort into the whole season things, but I know I like it.
> When I decide to play that is.
>
>
> > 2533274823886169;2:
> > I agree, the season changes just wipe away your hard work as if its nothing. They should be much longer if you are forced to grind all the time. Or none at all. At least Halo 3 didnt destroy your progress all the time. It just shouldnt have locked you into ranks at say 47 or 48 for no reason.
>
>
> Rank locking was actually a myth. It never locked you into a rank, it just got really difficult to rank up in some cases, but you were never truly rank locked.

True, i just meant it was as if you were locked. Requiring 18 matches to rank up one skill, but losing 1 ranking you down is pretty close to locking you. Apart from that the system was pretty good

> 2533274823886169;4:
> > 2533274795123910;3:
> > Previous Season CSR is said to also affect your new rank, so you do not start over again completely.
> > Also, it kind of allows them to update the algorithms and test them out at a fast rate.
> >
> > I haven’t put that much effort into the whole season things, but I know I like it.
> > When I decide to play that is.
> >
> >
> > > 2533274823886169;2:
> > > I agree, the season changes just wipe away your hard work as if its nothing. They should be much longer if you are forced to grind all the time. Or none at all. At least Halo 3 didnt destroy your progress all the time. It just shouldnt have locked you into ranks at say 47 or 48 for no reason.
> >
> >
> > Rank locking was actually a myth. It never locked you into a rank, it just got really difficult to rank up in some cases, but you were never truly rank locked.
>
>
> True, i just meant it was as if you were locked. Requiring 18 matches to rank up one skill, but losing 1 ranking you down is pretty close to locking you. Apart from that the system was pretty good

That could easily be attributed to losing that one critical match.
I don’t remember how the TrueSkill system worked.
However, winning 18 matches to rank up could easily be that your opponent’s rank was far lower than your own, and then when you lost one match and ranked down, you lost to opponents you outranked.

I can’t say for certain, but I’d wager that Halo 5 use quite close to the same system as Halo 3, we just see a different skin for it, at least for skill calculation after the placement matches.

I like the season’s, arena is a fun and I think we should talk about halo in a positive way to bring in more players to the community

> 2533274802599556;6:
> I like the season’s, arena is a fun and I think we should talk about halo in a positive way to bring in more players to the community

you don’t see many posts like this, I applaud you sir.

I would have liked to respond to each individual reply, but still too new apparently.

Naqser - I see where you are coming from, each person is going to have their own likes and dislikes with the whole season issue, including those who like it, but want to increase the time frame. I personally don’t like it, because I am 27, married, with 3 kids and a career. I can’t spend the time to grind out all the ranks, I had enough time to get slayer to platinum 3, and swat maybe gold 3. Should they change just for me and maybe a couple other thousand players or so? Heck no, but even if I played like I used to in Halo 3 I would hate this system. I feel like all my hard work is shot to the ground as soon as soon as the next month begins. Not sure why people like seeing their hard work become invisible, but that’s just me and I am competitive.

FNC Sn1per101 - The good thing about technology for these new game systems is we can adapt and improve. I love Halo, and will never stop playing, as always I may gripe and complain, but at the end of the day I am still rolling slayer and tea bagging the guy that belongs in Onyx, when he is taken down. That’s okay…sometimes. This is happening nearly every day. Gets old after a while.

Allen18812 - I applaud you for your username as Allen is my last name, whoop whoop.

Admiral Crispy - Finally someone agrees with me and didn’t get any sarcasm. Love it :slight_smile: