This is what Halo PC is today.

(I know this is in relation to Halo CE, Mods, but I don’t want my thread to be sent to that graveyard to never be seen. :frowning: It’s a waste of time posting there.)

Pretty awesome, huh?

I’m really just blown away. It’s like even in the hands of amateur creators doing stuff in their free time, even the original Halo engine has no limit to how good it can be. Look at those graphics, those are amazing for an engine from 2001. Or those new features, like automatic map downlods or loadouts. Who’d have thought the original engine could do that?

There are also many other things in the Opensauce project not shown there, like vehicle boarding, dual wielding, VISR modes, etc.

Just imagine if even Halo 3 was on PC, the possibilities. And what if we had Halo 4 on PC? It’d be a godsend. But Microsoft would never have it. :frowning:

I also wonder, why doesn’t Microsoft see the oppurtunity here? We all know any big corporation like them seem to always have their eyes on the money, yet…the above has been achieved by amateur creators in their free time. Imagine if just three or four professional developers worked on the game still, for maybe short new campaigns, or multiplayer maps? I tell you, they’d make a profit. Perhaps not a huge one, but the Halo PC/Custom Edition community is very dedicated to the game and a large margin of them would be more official extensions of the game.

Would there be even one loving 343i dev who would just spend a little time helping out Halo PC? It’s great as is, but all dev support has been abandoned on this game. It’s kind of sad.

Edit: Oh yeah, the netcode was fixed by the community also. Watch the magic.

Because like most of the “Big 3”, all Microsoft sees in the PC platform is PIRACYPIRACYPIRACYHACKINGANDPIRACYBADPEOPLEPLAYPCOMGOMGOMG.

-Yoinking!- idiots, but that’s that. Also, if they keep Halo an Xbox exclusive, they hope to sell more Xbox units… Like that’s going to happen. Halo will have lost so much rep by the next game, I’m betting it’ll be a financial disaster.

> Because like most of the “Big 3”, all Microsoft sees in the PC platform is PIRACYPIRACYPIRACYHACKINGANDPIRACYBADPEOPLEPLAYPCOMGOMGOMG.
>
> -Yoinking!- idiots, but that’s that. Also, if they keep Halo an Xbox exclusive, they hope to sell more Xbox units… Like that’s going to happen. Halo will have lost so much rep by the next game, I’m betting it’ll be a financial disaster.

Whelp, regardless, the latest Halos have awesome engines and even if they suck to play, custom developers could turn that turd into a diamond. But…yeah, won’t happen. :confused:

> > Because like most of the “Big 3”, all Microsoft sees in the PC platform is PIRACYPIRACYPIRACYHACKINGANDPIRACYBADPEOPLEPLAYPCOMGOMGOMG.
> >
> > -Yoinking!- idiots, but that’s that. Also, if they keep Halo an Xbox exclusive, they hope to sell more Xbox units… Like that’s going to happen. Halo will have lost so much rep by the next game, I’m betting it’ll be a financial disaster.
>
> Whelp, regardless, the latest Halos have awesome engines and even if they suck to play, custom developers could turn that turd into a diamond. But…yeah, won’t happen. :confused:

I personal have enjoyed PC CE over halo 4 and I still play the zelda mod that was created in 2008/2009. The modding communtiy is amazing and I think 343 should look at the creation for positive ideas.

Halo does have amazing engines and you can tinker so much with them.

Oh god…
I got a wave of nostalgia watching that…
Halo CE is EPIC!
I miss the good old days of the Big 3. I can’t stop saying how they were the best video games ever made!

I used to play Custom Edition, and have given Lumoria a brief spin. Tried to get into mapping myself, but I just didn’t have the talent or the patience.

I once stumbled upon a thread on another forum that offered a seven-year retrospective of the development work that the community’s done. Had some of the most mind-blowing, clever workaround and hacked-up features I’ve ever seen fans create for a game. It’s truly incredible what the Custom Edition guys have been doing.

> I used to play Custom Edition, and have given Lumoria a brief spin. Tried to get into mapping myself, but I just didn’t have the talent or the patience.
>
> I once stumbled upon a thread on another forum that offered a seven-year retrospective of the development work that the community’s done. Had some of the most mind-blowing, clever workaround and hacked-up features I’ve ever seen fans create for a game. It’s truly incredible what the Custom Edition guys have been doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eZIwb_PpF8

Best Zelda/Halo mod in histoy ^