This is what concerns me about Halo 4.

From the IGN article…

> In Halo 4 multiplayer, weapon drops won’t be predictable. Rather, they’ll appear dynamically both in location and in content. You might get lucky and get a rocket launcher, and you might be fortunate enough to have that SPNKr drop a mere feet from your location.

This is IGN we are talking about…

> This is IGN we are talking about…

This is Halo 4 we are talking about…

> > This is IGN we are talking about…
>
> This is Halo 4 we are talking about…

This is Waypoi-

Damn you’ve just confused me

Straight from David Ellis on NeoGAF:

> Originally Posted by FyreWulff:
> Wait… you can’t even unlock the other ones? They’ll just be flipped on?
>
> So outright LE advantage?
> You can’t enlist in any Specializations until you’ve gotten all the way to level 50. This is end-game content.

The specializations won’t unlock, even if you have the LE until you reach level 50 overall.

> This is IGN we are talking about…

Agreed they are ignorant when they come to stuff.

ot: I would probably get flamed/people disagreeing but I like having luck in a game for most part.

From what I understand weapon drops for power weapons like the Rocket Launcher get dropped in certain locations, but you never know which one it will drop at. So yes, you could get lucky and have one drop right next to you. But the people with the Engineer specialization will be all over you because they’ll know about it before you do.

> From what I understand weapon drops for power weapons like the Rocket Launcher get dropped in certain locations, but you never know which one it will drop at. So yes, <mark>you could get lucky</mark> and have one drop right next to you. But the people with the Engineer specialization will be all over you because they’ll know about it before you do.

That is the issue.

> Straight from David Ellis on NeoGAF:
>
>
>
> > Originally Posted by FyreWulff:
> > Wait… you can’t even unlock the other ones? They’ll just be flipped on?
> >
> > So outright LE advantage?
> > You can’t enlist in any Specializations until you’ve gotten all the way to level 50. This is end-game content.
>
> The specializations won’t unlock, even if you have the LE until you reach level 50 overall.

Read the quote in the OP.

> > From what I understand weapon drops for power weapons like the Rocket Launcher get dropped in certain locations, but you never know which one it will drop at. So yes, <mark>you could get lucky</mark> and have one drop right next to you. But the people with the Engineer specialization will be all over you because they’ll know about it before you do.
>
> That is the issue.

Same can happen in any other Halo game, just less likely. Like I said, those with the Engineer specialization will be all over you.

> > > From what I understand weapon drops for power weapons like the Rocket Launcher get dropped in certain locations, but you never know which one it will drop at. So yes, <mark>you could get lucky</mark> and have one drop right next to you. But the people with the Engineer specialization will be all over you because they’ll know about it before you do.
> >
> > That is the issue.
>
> Same can happen in any other Halo game, just less likely. Like I said, those with the Engineer specialization will be all over you.

No. In past Halo games, you have been able to predict exactly when and where a weapon/powerup will spawn. This will no longer be the case in Halo 4. Victories will be decided by whoever can get a lucky Rocket Launcher to spawn in front of them when its 49-49.

> > > > From what I understand weapon drops for power weapons like the Rocket Launcher get dropped in certain locations, but you never know which one it will drop at. So yes, <mark>you could get lucky</mark> and have one drop right next to you. But the people with the Engineer specialization will be all over you because they’ll know about it before you do.
> > >
> > > That is the issue.
> >
> > Same can happen in any other Halo game, just less likely. Like I said, those with the Engineer specialization will be all over you.
>
> No. In past Halo games, you have been able to predict exactly when and where a weapon/powerup will spawn. This will no longer be the case in Halo 4. Victories will be decided by whoever can get a lucky Rocket Launcher to spawn in front of them when its 49-49.

But you still could be unkowingly walking by where a power weapons spawns just as it does, just less likely as there are less places it can spawn in past Halo games. Plus, everyone gets a warning before it hits the ground.

Just remember, everyone close enough will see the Ordinance ahead of time.

Sure, it may land in front of you. But by the time it lands everyone else will be on your position.

And you’ll know ahead of time too, so its not neccesarily luck unless you weren’t paying attention.

Besides, I thought 343i said the Ordinance Drops are predictable to an extent? Not completely dynamic, there are a series of pre-set locations that are randomly chosen.

> > > > > From what I understand weapon drops for power weapons like the Rocket Launcher get dropped in certain locations, but you never know which one it will drop at. So yes, <mark>you could get lucky</mark> and have one drop right next to you. But the people with the Engineer specialization will be all over you because they’ll know about it before you do.
> > > >
> > > > That is the issue.
> > >
> > > Same can happen in any other Halo game, just less likely. Like I said, those with the Engineer specialization will be all over you.
> >
> > No. In past Halo games, you have been able to predict exactly when and where a weapon/powerup will spawn. This will no longer be the case in Halo 4. Victories will be decided by whoever can get a lucky Rocket Launcher to spawn in front of them when its 49-49.
>
> But you still could be unkowingly walking by where a power weapons spawns just as it does, just less likely as there are less places it can spawn in past Halo games. Plus, everyone gets a warning before it hits the ground.

No, in previous Halo titles, a coordinated team could control weapons. I’m not talking about the random casual who just stumbled across a Sniper one day.

This will really remove a dynamic of teamwork and skill in the game, and it will just be about who can have Rockets and Sniper spawn next to them first.

Weapon spawns will still be on a timer. Also, it is designed so that there are a select weapons that will spawn on every map the order that they spawn is random, not the number of times it spawns. There are also fixed locations for where these weapons will spawn either A,B,or C. There is no luck. You are not going to take a stroll down a hallway then poof there is a rocket. You will know where it will spawn and have a idea of what it is before hand.

> Just remember, everyone close enough will see the Ordinance ahead of time.
>
> Sure, it may land in front of you. But by the time it lands everyone else will be on your position.
>
>
> And you’ll know ahead of time too, so its not neccesarily luck unless you weren’t paying attention.
>
>
>
> Besides, I thought 343i said the Ordinance Drops are predictable to an extent? Not completely dynamic, there are a series of pre-set locations that are randomly chosen.

Still random. Everyone may know where you are with those Rockets, but you still have Rockets.

I agree. I hate this new random weapon drop thing. It shows a waypoint and everything, so it gives away the weapons location AND reminds players to pick it up.

It’s also too random, and I don’t like it when ‘luck’ is involved.

> Straight from David Ellis on NeoGAF:
>
>
>
> > Originally Posted by FyreWulff:
> > Wait… you can’t even unlock the other ones? They’ll just be flipped on?
> >
> > So outright LE advantage?
> > You can’t enlist in any Specializations until you’ve gotten all the way to level 50. This is end-game content.
>
> The specializations won’t unlock, even if you have the LE until you reach level 50 overall.

How do you know theres a 1-50 ranking system?

> > Straight from David Ellis on NeoGAF:
> >
> >
> >
> > > Originally Posted by FyreWulff:
> > > Wait… you can’t even unlock the other ones? They’ll just be flipped on?
> > >
> > > So outright LE advantage?
> > > You can’t enlist in any Specializations until you’ve gotten all the way to level 50. This is end-game content.
> >
> > The specializations won’t unlock, even if you have the LE until you reach level 50 overall.
>
> How do you know theres a 1-50 ranking system?

Level 50 in terms of progression rank.

> > Just remember, everyone close enough will see the Ordinance ahead of time.
> >
> > Sure, it may land in front of you. But by the time it lands everyone else will be on your position.
> >
> >
> > And you’ll know ahead of time too, so its not neccesarily luck unless you weren’t paying attention.
> >
> >
> >
> > Besides, I thought 343i said the Ordinance Drops are predictable to an extent? Not completely dynamic, there are a series of pre-set locations that are randomly chosen.
>
> Still random. Everyone may know where you are with those Rockets, but you still have Rockets.

There is still the potential that you’ll be surrounded and killed before you get them, or you’ll be killed before you can lose them.

Where, the better team will leave with the power weapon.

The “luck” is that you get in and get out before enemies swarm you.

Did they say how long of a notice you have until the weapon drops?