This is the most predatory monetisation scheme in a long time

Paid in that the content advertised is paid and nothing like the content we got for free, not to mention the horrible time gate the event has placed on it and its challenge reward cap.
You get an armour core until January and then you get a shoulder piece, not both, but one.

2 Likes

It’s like the 343 shills forgot that we used to pay $60 for an entire Halo game, and could unlock ALL the armor through normal multiplayer progression or by hitting achievements in campaign. Gaming is dead when all you see on this topic is “tHe gAmE iS fReE” followed by advocation for a -Yoink!- battlepass. Reach did it right, 343 and Microsoft are greedy. I’d honestly prefer the new MCC progression over a paid battlepass. So much for “going back to Halos roots”

Armor used to show off ones skill and determination in a Halo game, now it just shows how much you’re willing to spend. Halo, as a game series is dead to me and this battlepass buried it.

4 Likes

Yes! Finally someone pointing it out. Cosmetics are core gameplay in halo imo. Unlocking new things for your spartan is what makes it rewarding to keep playing and keep grinding. That is pretty much gone atm.

4 Likes

I mean look back at Recon, Haybusa, Halo 3 Rogue, and Haunted Helmets, Cosemetics have been core gameplay for almost 2 decades now.

3 Likes

20% :sweat_smile:
Ye but its not really worth that. I have no problem paying for cosmetics but just an armor set for $20
is a bit much. Maybe if it included a few more things it would be worth it. This is kinda new because games like fortnite and warzone give 6+ items in a $20 bundle.

Paid in that the content advertised is paid and nothing like the content we got for free, not to mention the horrible time gate the event has placed on it and its challenge reward cap.

This is a weird way to say “I lied about there being a paid tier on the event pass.”

I should be able to use my $10 Cloud 9 visor color with the $20 Bleached Bone color pallete at least, let alone the fact hat I can’t use either with anything on the battlepass. Ridiculous and I would not have bought them if I knew that was the case.

Just not gonna buy anything anymore cause I can’t use it together. Not getting another Dime.

2 Likes

There’s lying and there’s being misled or mistaken. You can’t just assume they outright lied about it.

The sad thing is I guenuinely have no urge to play right now, infact I’m almost repulsed by it? Because typically a Halo releases and for the first couple months I’m on the adrenaline high of ranking up & watching my Spartan get cooler bit by bit.

This storefront & lack of a progression system though is actually piggybacking off of my already existing destiny burnout that stopped me playing that last year, and inserting it straight into the new Halo. The setup has actually killed any desire for me to play it. I can’t believe it’s this bad. Halo is my favourite game yet I sincerely hope its population dies immediately so that they pull a no mans sky and actually take fixing it seriously.

9 Likes

I feel for the people like me who has money to blow cause I work hard and can spend my money on whatever. I should of got some rewards for spending 200$ on maxing out my battle pass within the first days of having MP. It’s kinda messed up that they gave us a half baked battle pass with limited rewards.

1 Like

Welcome to Activision version 3.43

1 Like

I’ll be happy to spend money but honestly this customization options are terrible. Anyone who has played MCC will tell you that.

3 Likes

Yup it’s absolutely disheartening

Beta does not have the same meaning as it once was and should be. I knew Halo multiplayer going F2P was gonna be an issue. The term “Beta” goes right out the window when you let people buy from shops in-game. It’s an early release and how the game is going to be. Full fledge experience. Would much rather pay 60$ for a full game instead of just a campaign. It’s an upsetting trend with games anymore. Expect full or obnoxious prices for unfinished games.

3 Likes

Don’t know if I’d mention Microsoft as being at fault, no way the publisher would see how much the entire industry hates this stuff and then OK it to be slapped into their flagship shooter. I’m guessing it all comes down to the game’s delay with the lead switch, new person more than likely wanted to try and mirror “successful” free to play systems, but didn’t even know how to do that halfway well. I can’t reasonably see Microsoft/Xbox not forcing them to change stuff unless they suddenly went from nothing but good moves to braindead self destruction

1 Like

The game is predatory, can’t believe how egregious it is.

4 Likes

The game is not in beta. That’s just a ploy to hit the Anniversary date. It’s like the DENNIS system.

Give us some free stuff for the Anniversary

Launch the “Beta” game with a Battle Pass to get FOMO in the community (which happens to be right before a week long holiday capped by a massive spending weekend)

Add a second BP event during said spending weekend extravaganza

Say they are listening and taking a break for the holiday but will get right on it ASAP

Launch Actual game on the 8th with unlockable items for MP to keep a portion of the community focused on Campaign and chasing the unlocks

Say they are listening again, but another Holiday coming up so they will fix it after the break.

Announce CoOp is here but Forge will be delayed and cost points for each object moved with a total of seven points a week unless you get points from the store.

Pepe Silvia!!!

Edit: it’s not the most predatory system, but 343 is sure going out of the way to make it seem like it is.

4 Likes

The game is not in beta. That’s just a ploy to hit the Anniversary date

I mean, the game went gold after the multiplayer was released. So it fits the “beta” definition just fine.

We only have 343s word to base that on. Game could have been gold by the time they dropped the “beta” and just held off on the press release, because they have to meet that date anyway.

And yes I’m donning my tinfoil hat and being especially pessimistic. I worked in advertising long enough not to trust these kind of statements and press releases.

We only have 343s word to base that on. Game could have been gold by the time they dropped the “beta” and just held off on the press release, because they have to meet that date anyway.

So you’re bad faith and just assert shady unethical practices without evidence because you’re upset. Got it.