This is the Game M$/343i made

I have been reading posts on these forums for a few weeks now. Gathering others opinions and thoughts. I have read through tons of threads stating add this, change that, nerf this, beef that. I have come to the conclusion that this is the game 343 made and is proud of. They spent tons of time designing and play testing and redesigning this game. So this is the game 343i made and wanted to make.

Having said that I would like to ask you if you bought this game simply because it said “Halo” on it? I did, I listened to what the reviews said, I listened to what the talking heads at 343 said. I bought into the hype. The problem I see is this isn’t 343’s game. They didn’t come up with the IP and they were just handed a job to do and they did it. They were tasked with making a “Halo” game and they did. However it seems they just took Reach and reskined it, neglecting what once made Halo a great franchise.

There was a time when Halo drove the FPS industry with innovation. CE brought about FPS to console, H2 brought online MM, Halo 3 brought forge and a theater mode. Halo 4 brings nothing new and most of what has become standard fare for a Halo player is gone.

I guess what I am getting to is, if this is what Halo has become then why are we still here? I can say that at this point I see no reason to continue with the Halo story. No Halo 5 or 6. 343 should have been given the opportunity to just create their own IP. I feel it would have been better than this game.

I agree with all the feedback threads I have seen. The DMR should never had made the jump from Reach to 4, no other new weapon made that jump. The MM hoppers are sad, Go back to Halo 3 hoppers. Warthog turret needs beefed. Personal load outs need removed and weapon placements on map need to be back in. File share has to work and forge needs fixed.

Like I said up top. None of these fixes matter because this is the game -Yoink!-/343i is proud of making. Otherwise they wouldn’t have put it on disk. Making the changes we see need to be made makes it a different game all together. So why are we still here?

> I have been reading posts on these forums for a few weeks now. Gathering others opinions and thoughts. I have read through tons of threads stating add this, change that, nerf this, beef that. I have come to the conclusion that this is the game 343 made and is proud of. They spent tons of time designing and play testing and redesigning this game. So this is the game 343i made and wanted to make.
>
> They’d be crazy to be proud of it. They themselves apologized in their bulletin even though they didn’t mention why but we all know. They didn’t spend time play testing it. For the last 5 months to launch they were all over the world playing Wargames in different cities in stead of testing. Microsoft 100% influenced how the game was made, just like they did with Reach.
>
> Having said that I would like to ask you if you bought this game simply because it said “Halo” on it? I did, I listened to what the reviews said, I listened to what the talking heads at 343 said. I bought into the hype. The problem I see is this isn’t 343’s game. They didn’t come up with the IP and they were just handed a job to do and they did it. They were tasked with making a “Halo” game and they did. However it seems they just took Reach and reskined it, neglecting what once made Halo a great franchise.
>
> Exactly they re skinned Reach. This crap about 4 years of work and overhauling stuff… yeah right. The same Reach glitches still exist. I bought the game because I believed what Franky and other 343 employees were saying, never again.
>
> There was a time when Halo drove the FPS industry with innovation. CE brought about FPS to console, H2 brought online MM, Halo 3 brought forge and a theater mode. Halo 4 brings nothing new and most of what has become standard fare for a Halo player is gone.
>
> I have nothing to dispute and will say that in many ways has removed what was once there. Forge is not the same, theater is limited, features like the file-share isn’t working. The games maps are mostly geared to BTB.
>
> I guess what I am getting to is, if this is what Halo has become then why are we still here? I can say that at this point I see no reason to continue with the Halo story. No Halo 5 or 6. 343 should have been given the opportunity to just create their own IP. I feel it would have been better than this game.
>
> True. I am under the impression the group of people tasked with this game are not the correct people and maybe they should stop before the legacy left is a sour one. Would we rather remember Halo as the one that finished with Halo 4 which wasn’t great or butchered with Halo 6 and is crap. It’s a hard one.
>
> I agree with all the feedback threads I have seen. The DMR should never had made the jump from Reach to 4, no other new weapon made that jump. The MM hoppers are sad, Go back to Halo 3 hoppers. Warthog turret needs beefed. Personal load outs need removed and weapon placements on map need to be back in. File share has to work and forge needs fixed.
>
> I’ll make a list to make it an easier read.
>
> - OP weapons. DMR and Boltshot break the game and you spawn with them.
>
> - Ridiculous amount of glitches. This must be a BETA.
>
> - Unfinished features. Fileshare, theater, ranking system.
>
> - Lack of playlists and options.
>
> - Removal of search preferences.
>
> - Randomness is unbelievable.
>
> - Glitches not fixed since reach. Eg: Hi-jack Banshee, weapons alternate randomly.
>
> - Custom game options. 343 killed a portion of the community.
>
> - Forge is just bad, especially constant rendering of light. Copy pasta pallet.
>
> - Rotation of playlists that have been permanent for years. I can’t stress how stupid 343 looks for doing this.
>
> - Flood. Nuf said. Who’s idea was it? Give me his or her name.
>
> And a lot more I don’t have time to list.
>
> Like I said up top. None of these fixes matter because this is the game -Yoink!-/343i is proud of making. Otherwise they wouldn’t have put it on disk. Making the changes we see need to be made makes it a different game all together. So why are we still here?
>
> I stopped playing ages ago and apart from 1 game I played last week, I have no intentions to do so. Honestly I am interested in seeing if 343 will pull their heads out of their -Yoinks!- and listen to the 80% population drop and why they left. Because it seems to me they are either delusional or are in denial. The game sucks you have the numbers to prove it, yet you decide to do nothing, not even re-assure the paying fans. Some company.

Halo 4 was already a “success” for them. Not to mention they have zero incentive to change anything since they are already working on Halo 5. The sad part is, aside from content updates like Forge, they could fix everything that’s currently “wrong” with multiplayer with simple playlist/game setting changes and a small weapons balance patch.

People who like Call of Duty play Black Ops II, and those of us who like Halo play it, too, because Halo 4 just isn’t in a good place right now. I haven’t played Halo 4 in over a month–I’m waiting for the February Title Update–and I don’t know if I’ll ever come back. I shelved Reach after a month, too.

Halo 3 lived through Modern Warfare, World at War, and Modern Warfare 2. Halo 4 can’t even survive one Call of Duty, let alone 3.

I’m still here because, like it or not, this franchise will move on for a very long time. In the beginning, you could almost feel the community in the game, in every change and update that would come out, in every forge map and video. I’d like to believe that our voices can still be heard, and we can help to right the course before the ship sinks. I have very fond memories of this franchise, and I personally love it’s lore. I would hate to see it turned into something like a Sonic the Hedgehog or Ratchet and Clank, or Spyro the Dragon. Sure they may be more for a younger crowd, but the song remains the same. They were the faces of their respective brands, and now they’re a punch-line in the grand scheme of gaming history. When people think about Halo, I want it to be about a game that survived brutal upheaval because it had a fanbase like no other. One that made something like Red vs. Blue a Youtube sensation before Youtube itself was a sensation. One that spent countless hours scheming and building maps and art well before games like Minecraft became household names. One that did the midnight launch before the midnight launch was cool.

I just don’t want to feel like I didn’t voice the fact that these things (mostly the same things you’ve read everywhere on the forum it seems) were making a franchise I love and respect almost a chore to actually play. I still have faith in 343, but even more I have faith that the community won’t allow the game to go down a path of complacency.

And for the record, it’s not like most of us are actively giving 343 any money. I know I’m not buying any merchandise, so really all we CAN do now is not buy merch and tell them what we want to see fixed and what they can improve on in Halo 5. I can tell you this, I won’t be pre-ordering Halo 5, that’s for sure.