This is serious, serious BS

I have been a very loyal Halo fan since 2003, and I can’t even believe how 343 is treating people right now. Those specializations, the ones which the codes have NOT been sent out for to clearly tons of people, should’ve been in the game originally, as well as the map packs that are coming out. And in case anyone hasn’t noticed, the limited edition is in no way any kind of deal, it ends up being over a hundred dollars for a 60 dollar game and a 25 dollar season pass, which apparently isn’t working. And then when people come online to try and resolve the issues, they close official threads and then don’t say anything else about it.

-Yoink- like this just makes me want to stop supporting the series no matter how much I enjoy it. I’ll just have to start buying used copies when they come out because, why should I give my money to a company that thinks behaviour like this is okay, when I can just support a local independent game retailer?

How isn’t the season pass working?

The second you said “I have been a loyal fan since 2003” I just stopped reading. I don’t need to know how long you have been playing the games for, If you can point out a good argument then Thats all we need.

OT: Microsoft are responsible for the Specialization codes, not 343. I have not had any problems with the Map Pack Pass, nor have I heard anyone else have any issues with it.

> And in case anyone hasn’t noticed, the limited edition is in no way any kind of deal, it ends up being over a hundred dollars for a 60 dollar game and a 25 dollar season pass, which apparently isn’t working. And then when people come online to try and resolve the issues, they close official threads and then don’t say anything else about it.

Ok, I’ll help. Firstly I had a similar problem with my buggy game, I fixed it a few times. Sometimes you need re-download it from your history and after that it sometimes disppears so I dashboard it, go back to game.

Hope that helps.

> The second you said “I have been a loyal fan since 2003” I just stopped reading. I don’t need to know how long you have been playing the games for, If you can point out a good argument then Thats all we need.
>
> OT: Microsoft are responsible for the Specialization codes, not 343. I have not had any problems with the Map Pack Pass, nor have I heard anyone else have any issues with it.

343 could at least engage with the community instead of hiding where the community isn’t.

> I have been a very loyal Halo fan since 2003, and I can’t even believe how 343 is treating people right now. Those specializations, the ones which the codes have NOT been sent out for to clearly tons of people, should’ve been in the game originally, as well as the map packs that are coming out. And in case anyone hasn’t noticed, the limited edition is in no way any kind of deal, it ends up being over a hundred dollars for a 60 dollar game and a 25 dollar season pass, which apparently isn’t working. And then when people come online to try and resolve the issues, they close official threads and then don’t say anything else about it.
>
> Yoink! like this just makes me want to stop supporting the series no matter how much I enjoy it. I’ll just have to start buying used copies when they come out because, why should I give my money to a company that thinks behaviour like this is okay, when I can just support a local independent game retailer?

I was about to tear this thread apart as yet another complaint thread. However I will refrain. Reason being… the only complaints you cite are legitimate. Carry on.

Specializations, customs, and bugs really are the only legitimate issues. Has been proven multiple times.