This is my theory in what Halo 4's story will be

The elites leave earth and go off to their homeworld but before they get there they pick up cortonas distress signal and they find out that it came from the forward unto dawn. The elites set course for it and see the planet the chief is on. The arbiter believes the chief is still alive so him and a team of a elites take a phantom and fly to the planet as they are on their way thels (the elite with the busted lip lol) ship is attacked by the remaining covenant fleet. The elites fleet is killed and the arbier ses their ships fall but continues in search for the chief. One of the elites ships manages to escape and heads back to earth to tell the humans and they all go back to help kill the rest of the covenant and find the chief. Now this isnt my best work but hey i tried to have it make sense let me know what you think cause there’s probably some flaws in my story.

That does make some sense. It could use some more detail though. Overall, great job!

Near the end or middle of the campaign probably. It depends on when Halo 4 starts off.

that could actually work, maybe theres another division of the covenant that attacks the elites

I think you’re confusing the frigate Forward Unto Dawn with the weapon Hammer of Dawn from Gears of War. Also, Thel 'Vadam is the Arbiter’s name; the name of the Spec Ops Commander is Rtas 'Vadum.
Anyway, apart from those, the course of action you described seems plausible enough. We’ll probably have a better idea of what to expect once Glasslands comes out.

> hammer of dawn.

I believe it was forward unto dawn.
but on a serious note i dont think there should be elites

Actually, I read in an interview with Frankie that it will be somewhat about Cortana’s Rampancy.

Halo 4 takes place at least 6 years after the events of Halo 3. Probably even longer than that.

It’s not likely the Elites would spend 6 years looking for the source of a distress signal likely in a section of the Galaxy outside the Covenant’s reach.

> The elites leave earth and go off to their homeworld but before they get there they pick up cortonas distress signal and they find out that it came from the hammer of dawn…

You lost me there…

Hopefully the spirit of fire come in.

sorry i meant the forward unto dawn the ship that the chief and the arbiter were on at the end of halo 3

The first part I could see but I lost you after that.